Centurion Build

Discussion in 'Halo Costumes and Armor' started by Dirtdives, Jun 17, 2016.

1. SI3RRA 117

SI3RRA 117

One of these days I would like to make it to a convention with a large colonial presence. I think everyone's builds look great. Hope you can get your armor all pieced back together. Anxious to see that helmet finished up.

Dirtdives likes this.
  2. Dirtdives

Dirtdives

Get in line dude.......get in line.........We actually had 10 members this past Sunday.....Not sure how many there were on Fri or Sat though, it just felt like a lot.......With the inclusion of my son next year.....maybe even my other daughter to finish my Fireteam: Brooklyn.....we'll have even more.

TurboCharizard and SI3RRA 117 like this.
  3. PaiganBoi

PaiganBoi

Hey, Dirtdives, it's been a long time since you had an update with your suit.
    Did you ever manage to finish you bucket? I remember you mentioned that your next con was gonna be NYCC.

edit: Took me a while to find your thread. It's been so long... forgot what it was titled. :p

4. Dirtdives

Dirtdives

I'm embarrassed to say I haven't. Between RL and family issues, I haven't really had much "me" time. I have begun to re-purpose my daughter's ODSK suit for my son's......repainting already started.....until I dropped a pipe wrench on my foot.

PaiganBoi and TurboCharizard like this.
  5. TurboCharizard

TurboCharizard

Pipe wrenches are supposed to be "real choochin' thumb frakkers" not for toes. Sounds like it isn't a real skookum wrench.

Also, Dirtdives, you should make your helmet a Keropi to match the Hello Kitty armour.

Dirtdives and PaiganBoi like this.
  6. Dirtdives

Dirtdives

Well, according to my 3 bruised and 1 broken toe, I can assure you it is quite the skookum wrench. 5 lbs, about 2.2 kg actually.

7. PaiganBoi

PaiganBoi

OUCH. Sorry to hear about the bruised/broken digits.
    Here's an idea. Teach your son some of your foamsmithing skills and get him to work on it while you heal. Have him earn his armour.

TurboCharizard likes this.
  8. Jme

Jme

Make him finish yours...

9. Dirtdives

Dirtdives

Actually he is at home right now repainting the ODSK to his own colors. I just have to build a new chest add on piece and make a logo for it. I still have to finish his helmet. And a actually sprayed my helmet the base coat. Now on to sanding a bit and touch ups.....and detailing.

mblackwell1002 likes this.
  10. PerniciousDuke

PerniciousDuke

Aaaaaaaaaah!!! I wanna see your helmet!

mblackwell1002 likes this.
  11. Dirtdives

Dirtdives

I want to see it finished as well. I'm running out of time. It's 17 days till the Con and 7 of them are Sabbath/Holiday days so I have 10 in which to finish everything.