CEREAL'S - Mk VI Comprehensive WIP **(With Videos)**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn Dave! I know I haven't comment in a while, but I've still been following every step of the way. Stalking even, you might say... Creepy? Maybe, but your work just keeps me crawling back for more :D

The chest is looking AMAZING! Can't wait to see the back. There's a lot of detail just in the fusion pack/ cooling vent part alone that I know you'll make look incredible. Keep it up Dave!

couple of weeks huh, so that gives me some extra time to put in at work while waiting for that beauty. and cant wait to see what miracles you've pulled off with that back plate

Lol, thanks man! Yeah, originally I would have liked to have already started the mold for the helmet, but have been sick with the flu for the better part of this week! Thus... It was pushed off. Besides, I wanted to get the chest completed before moving on to the mold of the helm.

Damn Dave! I know I haven't comment in a while, but I've still been following every step of the way. Stalking even, you might say... Creepy? Maybe, but your work just keeps me crawling back for more :D

The chest is looking AMAZING! Can't wait to see the back. There's a lot of detail just in the fusion pack/ cooling vent part alone that I know you'll make look incredible. Keep it up Dave!

Thanks man!
Honestly... Ive been looking forward to the back! Its going to be a hell of a lot of work, but worth it in the end. The back piece alone, is missing a great deal of elements and details when you compare it to game play...

My goal is to not stop until you cant tell the difference!
Fml... Gonna be a lot of work!

Update coming soonM
Dave/Cereal.

Aye cereal i hope you dont mind, but ive been trying some techniques out that i got from you and ive been quoting you as the source of inspiration and trying to direct people here as they read anout it. I hope thats alright? If not i can take it down

Keanu

Hey Keanu,
Mind? Of course not!
The purpose of this thread is to help those in need ;)
Any ideas or processes you pick up from my build thread and/or videos, you are free to use! :)

===========================================================

Sorry it's been a while since there has been a real update all, but I've been sick for the past week. Today will be the first day that I've been able to work on the armor since last weekend :(

In my time of temporary insanity, caused by not being able to do anything productive while under the weather. I created something in photoshop that I will be using from now on to post on threads which peak my interest and or display some epic work.

I present to you...
AwesomeSaucecopy.jpg

The Cereal Killl3r "Seal Of Approval" for Awesomeness!
(it's a work in progress and subject to change, and yes... I know.... "I'm a tool of epic proportions!)

But rest assured, an update as well as new video installment will be coming tonight or tomorrow!

Cheers,
Dave/Cereal

Last edited by a moderator:
Hahah. Thats definately one way to beat boredom. Although ive been checking back every five mins when i should be studying for my apprentice assessment haha. I want a huge update of awesomeness haha :p

I hope you're feeling better/up to speed. as to you're latest and greatest, that in of it's self is Awesome. :D

UPDATE! (FINALLY!!)

Alright, back to business as usual! I am on my way back out to the garage to see about getting some more work done, but first... A long overdue update!

Below is a picture of some of the materials I will be using in the re-connection of the front and back torso pieces:

• Box Magnets - Used to hold the lower torso in place.
  • Side Clips & Strapping - Used to hold the upper torso together (ONLY AS SECONDARY FAILSAFE!)
  • Aluminum Rod - Used to make pegs to keep alignment between the fron and back pieces.
DSC_0695.jpg

Here are the lower magnets assembled. What I have done is fused angle brackets to the magnets using epoxy. The brackets will provide an surface in which the magnets will be able to anchor to the piece.
DSC_0698.jpg

Here are the installed upper magnets (hard drive magnets) which will hold the upper connection in place. They also have been attached using epoxy.
DSC_0859.jpg

DSC_0860.jpg

I made metal clips which will complete the connection of the upper torso. These clips will connect to the magnets on the corresponding face.
DSC_0862.jpg

Here is the completed mounting of the lower connections and the guide pegs.
DSC_0865.jpg

DSC_0867.jpg

All of the steps taken to build the connections are in the new video installment below:

Making Master Chief: Episode 06 - Reconnecting the front and back torso pieces.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JU34yC_2heo&feature=plcp

As usual, I hope that everyone is getting some use out of the videos. If there are any questions or anything seems unclear, feel free to ask! :)

Hahah. Thats definately one way to beat boredom. Although ive been checking back every five mins when i should be studying for my apprentice assessment haha. I want a huge update of awesomeness haha :p

Glad you're enjoying!

I hope you're feeling better/up to speed. as to you're latest and greatest, that in of it's self is Awesome. :D

haha, thanks Thorn!
It's amazing the crap one comes up with when boredom kicks in! :p

Well, as usual, any questions, comments or critiques... Always welcome! Next update will be Detailing the back (lots of work!) and battle damaging the chest plate! (fun, fun, fun!!!):D

Take care all!
Dave/Cereal

Aye dave. Another great update. What a way to wait for my morning train. Readin about your wonderful suit. Lookig brilliant as usual. However i thought id better ask as i dont think it was covered, whats with the bulkier magnets down the bottom? Is it for re enforcemnet because the hard drive magnets are flimsy? Or is there a bigger thought process behind the move? Loving the build as always, and keep up the great work as usual,
Keanu

Aye dave. Another great update. What a way to wait for my morning train. Readin about your wonderful suit. Lookig brilliant as usual. However i thought id better ask as i dont think it was covered, whats with the bulkier magnets down the bottom? Is it for re enforcemnet because the hard drive magnets are flimsy? Or is there a bigger thought process behind the move? Loving the build as always, and keep up the great work as usual,
Keanu

The hard drive magnets are the strongest of them all, despite thier size! (about 2x stronger than the bottom). The reason for the magnet choices was for fit and available space. I used the hard drive magnets up top because space was limited. The larger magnets were used because I had them on hand. If I had another 2 hard drive magnets available on hand, the bottom would have used them as well.

Cereal, the build is looking fantastic. Sorry for not commenting earlier, just been real busy dealing with other issues. Anyways, your stuff is looking great. Continue impressing my man!

Tony

Loving the updates dave!
Videos and pictures and everything is awesome! i learn so much lol
Glad you are feeling better too :)

UPDATE!

Alright, managed to get some work done today! Ended up working on the back piece, getting some of the detailing done.

Started with a generous coat of bondo.

DSC_0873.jpg

After some sanding and shaping and then some more sanding, we're left with this:

DSC_0876.jpg

A nice glaze coat to fill all the scratches and imperfections:

DSC_0878.jpg

Filed away all the high spots on the bottom right. Applied bondo and smoothed everything out slowly but surely producing the final rough shape. I also added the circle details on the bottom as well:

DSC_0885.jpg

After much debate...
I decided to add the trench that goes around the power cells on the upper back. This took some time, measuring and a very steady hand! :eek

DSC_0889.jpg

After more cutting and some re-enforcing of the back piece I began to smooth everything out and as per normal I rounded over all of the sharp edges allowing the piece more flow:

DSC_0899.jpg

Here's a quick shot just to compare the left and right side. Just to the changes that happened. It may not look like much, but believe me.... this took a lot of time and energy!!! :( But, in the end I'm happy with how it came out so it was totally worth it! :)

DSC_0903.jpg

DSC_0907.jpg

I got more than I had hoped to get done. It's a good thing because I won't get a change to work on the armor until Saturday. Meh, don't mind too much as I'm tired now!

Well, not a huge update... but an update none the less! As usual, any questions/comments... always welcome!!

Till next time!
Dave/Cereal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back