CEREAL'S - Mk VI Comprehensive WIP **(With Videos)**

Status
Not open for further replies.
just amazing sir just as i said before truly amazing! and id like to put in my vote for videos on how you do things. that would be amazing too

Thanks glad your enjoying!
Okie, another vote for video process tut's. :)

Looks great, Cereal! Patience is definitely a virtue that you possess :)

I've always loved how a good sculpt looks just shot in primer grey. The neutral tone works wonders to bring out all your subtle plane changes. Of course, I'm sure it'll continue to look totally awesome once you paint it :)

Looking forward to seeing more!

I agree 100%. I love the look of a dark primer, it lets you see everything (the good and the bad!) Here's hoping that everything continues on a "righteous path"!!! ;)

Dave.

Again, this is a beautifully constructed helmet. Definitely my fav Mk6. Great job. Henceforth thou shall bequeath thee mighty thread a rating fitting of such (5-Stars). <---lol, my sad attempt at old english. Please forgive my nerdyism.

Tony

construction quality, almost like I feel sorry for battle damage, certainly very well done congratulations

construccion de calidad, casi como que me da pena el daño de batalla, por cierto muy bien logrado felicitaciones

Looks fantastic cereal. i hope to be good with bondo like you one day lol. practice practice practice. and a whole buttload of sanding lol

Cereal !!!!

I've been watching your build for quite some time. I really feel the need to congratulate you on your skill (Talent) and time that you are putting into this. I find all this very motivational, inspirational and educational. It's very easy to read, see and understand. LOVE IT! I learned a few tips and tricks from your thread and hope to learn more as you progress to the chest piece.

Like BLACKULA727, your helm has (so far) become my fav among the rest of the MK VI's.

Can't wait to see more.

Kevin

Again, this is a beautifully constructed helmet. Definitely my fav Mk6. Great job. Henceforth thou shall bequeath thee mighty thread a rating fitting of such (5-Stars). <---lol, my sad attempt at old english. Please forgive my nerdyism.
Tony

Thank you sir for your high praise!

construction quality, almost like I feel sorry for battle damage, certainly very well done congratulations
construccion de calidad, casi como que me da pena el daño de batalla, por cierto muy bien logrado felicitaciones

Thank you, the damage needed to be done!

Looks fantastic cereal. i hope to be good with bondo like you one day lol. practice practice practice. and a whole buttload of sanding lol

lol, thanks man. Yeah, lots and lots of sanding!!

Cereal !!!!
I've been watching your build for quite some time. I really feel the need to congratulate you on your skill (Talent) and time that you are putting into this. I find all this very motivational, inspirational and educational. It's very easy to read, see and understand. LOVE IT! I learned a few tips and tricks from your thread and hope to learn more as you progress to the chest piece.

Like BLACKULA727, your helm has (so far) become my fav among the rest of the MK VI's.

Can't wait to see more.

Kevin

Hey Kevin, I'm glad you're enjoying the build!
Thank you for your praise and kind words! Coming from someone who has built such a fantastic MK VI as you have, I'm honored. It's great that you were able to pick up some tips/tricks from this thread, that was my intent when designing its layout, it seems to have helped some others too. For that, I'm very thankful.

I set out with the thought that if this build thread could help one person, or give someone an idea, some inspiration to build something great, something they would be proud of... than it was worth it!

Rest assured... more to come!

Dave.

Last edited by a moderator:
UPDATE!!!
Ok here we go! Oh and yeah... I hate pepping! Just in case anyone was wondering.

I have ordered my visors and have started thinking about what I plan to do about the breathers for the helmet, but until then I present you:

CHAPTER 2 - PUFF OUT YOUR CHEST!

Chest piece and ab plate have been pepped out over the last couple of days and and have realized that I really don't like hot glue! I just presents so many problems down the road when detailing the piece. Whenever you cut in, the hot glue will be there waiting for you, ready and willing to cause you more work. Now that being said and as I believe I have stated before; This is only an issue if you plan on cutting into the piece, which of course I have every intention of doing! :)

Here are the spec's for the chest piece:
- Pep MK6 Flyingsquirl HD
- Build Height = 508 mm

407.jpg

409.jpg

412.jpg

413.jpg

418.jpg

My goal with this piece is 100% game accurate!!! (as per H3)
That means there will be a lot of work that will need to be done, as there are many things that are not present on the pep file that will need to be there for this to be fully game accurate.

I will show all of the changes I will be making on pictures in following posts.

*** ANNOUNCEMENT ***

I have decided that I will update with pictures (as per normal) as well as videos that will give a much closer and detailed look at my approach to this build showing how the changes are made.

So on that note, I hope everyone enjoys and are continued to be entertained;
As there is much much more to come!

As usual, comments/questions/crits always welcome!

Till the next update...

Cereal.

I cannot wait to see this piece built. Your helmet is amazing and I will use it as a reference for my build. Thank you for taking such care and detail in your build thread.

WOW. I would love (and I'm sure everyone else would love) if you could make videos and maybe put them on YouTube running over your process from now on? Especially on how you did that battle damage, it is AMAZING.

BRAVO.

Thanks surr3nder!
I actually have been tossing around the idea of doing a set of videos with the chest piece. Just a little follow along of how 'I' do things. If I get some more feedback with regards to that, I will absolutly do it!

If this motion must be seconded in order to receive videos, then I'd like to second it. And third it. And fourth it. Cuz I want vids! This is so impressive and is really gonna help me along with my build. Thank you for documenting it so well!

I cannot wait to see this piece built. Your helmet is amazing and I will use it as a reference for my build. Thank you for taking such care and detail in your build thread.

Thanks sgtski,
glad you are enjoying the thread!

im really looking forward to seeing this done! and im serious excited on seeing the videos you put up. great work

lol, it's going to be a while till this is done, hope you dont have any plans!!
And as stated in my last update, videos will now be a regular part of my large updates.
I will also be starting a strict "video thread" that I will post in the vid section of the forum which will have all my videos in one place.

If this motion must be seconded in order to receive videos, then I'd like to second it. And third it. And fourth it. Cuz I want vids! This is so impressive and is really gonna help me along with my build. Thank you for documenting it so well!

Lol, thanks man,
See above ^
as well as my last update ;)

Can't wait to see the vids you make. I promise mine are coming soon but my camera just cost me the equivalent of $600 to get fixed :(

oh my dear gawd, this is absolutely incredible!!! and it moves along so quickly, too! seriously, this is amazing. sorry if this has already been answered, but i have a question about how you're doing this while working on the visor brim detail...

Next I will purposely "dull down" the sharp angles of the panel details and round them over. It will make the whole area flow much better.

i did try to find the answer in the thread, but i don't get much time to be online anymore, and this thread moves along so quickly, and with so much content and so many replies, i was only able to skim it briefly.

i did notice, though, that you're thinking about clay sculpting? i've done that, as well, and if you have any questions about achieving symmetry, i have some tips and tricks that, at the very least, you can use as a springboard to improve upon.

again, fabulotastic work! looking forward to seeing more!

Can't wait to see the vids you make. I promise mine are coming soon but my camera just cost me the equivalent of $600 to get fixed :(

Thats a crappy deal about the camera :(
I am posting my first video tonight with my update, so we will see how it goes!

Wow, truly some impressive work you have done so far! Your attention to detail is really paying off!

Thank you!

Chest plate is looking great.

Thanks thorn,
But dont worry, I still have pleanty of time to mess it up! ;)

Great pep work on the torso Cereal. The helmet looks great too!:D

Thank, glad you like!

oh my dear gawd, this is absolutely incredible!!! and it moves along so quickly, too! seriously, this is amazing. sorry if this has already been answered, but i have a question about how you're doing this while working on the visor brim detail...

i did try to find the answer in the thread, but i don't get much time to be online anymore, and this thread moves along so quickly, and with so much content and so many replies, i was only able to skim it briefly.

i did notice, though, that you're thinking about clay sculpting? i've done that, as well, and if you have any questions about achieving symmetry, i have some tips and tricks that, at the very least, you can use as a springboard to improve upon.

again, fabulotastic work! looking forward to seeing more!

Thanks shadoKat, glad you like it!
Yes the thread has moved along quicker than I thought it would have as its not even a month old!
Anyways, I break the hard corners by simply sanding them down to the angle I want. Done!
Thanks for the help offer with the clay, may take everyone offer!

UPDATE!

Okay, Moved ahead a little on the chest piece. All I managed to get done yesterday was to resin the outside of the chest piece.

DSC_0419.jpg

DSC_0422.jpg

Tonight I spent my time making my first video video of the installment! So... here we go:

For some people, the subject of my first video may be something that's already known. But for those who are new to pepping and what not, may learn something!

As promised... Here we go!

Making Master Chief: Episode 01 - Resin Coating Your Armour!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KminHUuYoFU&feature=plcp

Any input with regards to the video would be great and appreciated! Help me to steer in the right direction!

As always, questions/comments/crits always welcome!

Cereal.

great first vid sir. youve already helped me. ive always tried to resin my helmets all in one go. thank you for your advise! looking forward to much more

Great tutorial video and update! Cant wait to see your continued work and future uploads...I do have a side question about your video on resin. Doesn't fiberglass resin not stick to each-other if you do layers at different times due to the smooth surface? So is there a possibility of chipping off the second layer of resin? The only resin work I have done is with two parts plastic resin that said it doesn't matter if done in layers, but in some spots it didn't bond to the first layer very well...Keep up to good work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back