chest piece with scratches (pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome work Bro :)

BTW
next time use the

wow that looks awesome. it reminds me of the alien vs predator movie when the predator gets into a fight with the alien and it slices 3 huge marks on the helmet.

going to paint it to match the helmet but going to rough it up, unlike my helmet. having problems joining the front to the back.. any sudgestions? tried velcro and didn't like that. didn't hold as well as i would like. maybe get some heavyer velcro? thinking of making a pin type joint like used when joining 2 rc wings together. still new to this stuff.. alot of experience with other fabricating but this is a little different. same principle but different material.

pic of helmet with patnt job for the rest:

DSCN1519.jpg

ok going to get the front and back chest peices joined today. think i figured it out and going to try it and see if it works to my satisfaction. don't know if it will work or not if it works i will post it with pics. if not i will be back to the drawing board. on the way to the hardware store now. for now i was able to get the detail cut outs on the shoulder i am planning on doing. i am planning to light the vents on the shoulder. here is a pic of the sholders i was able to get done this morning.

0806000815.jpg

ok looks as if the plan is going to work. what i did was make a square peg fit in a square hole. i made several pin and box connecgtors to be able to glue to the inside of the chest pieces. these peices created a male and female end connectors. made them out of balsa due to that being a ready meterial i had laying around from rc planes.

0806001154a.jpg

0806001154.jpg

after making these peices i glued them to both sides of the chest piece

0806001501a.jpg

0806001502.jpg

now the two peices line up and maintain their connections with no flexing.

now to secure the two halves to each other. i again tried the velcro.. didn't like it. so i came up with this and idea of using nylon strapping and i came up with this:

0806001500a.jpg

0806001500.jpg

i know it is not going to maintain the orriginal design and look but half the fun is making it your own.

i molded the strap covers out of clay and then made a mold with the last of my silicon. i have to make at least eight.

0806001458.jpg

i am going to go back to it and rhondo the pegs in to give more strength and got to working on the straps. post more pics once it is done.

Lookin great man! I like that idea with the strapping- the helmet paintjob took me by surprise tho :p looks good nonetheless!

ok was able to beaf everything up and strengthen it up. was able to get one of the straps and belt clips mounted. holds together really sollid. was able to put it on with a little help from the wife. have the strap a little tight but will straighten that out soon. this is the first time i have been able to put the chest piece on without holding it and it ended up feeling a hair big but i am getting older and more gifted around the middle so had to make it a little bigger to fit the extra tire i am working on (years of hard work to get this fine sculted body) here is a pic with one strap and buckle on. will have the rest of the stapping on tonight.

0806001810_0001.jpg

Ok, ran out of paint at 2 am in the morning. was very disappointed going to get some more on my next day off. so i decided to do some more pep work. decided to pep out the thigh and after it was all done tried it on and wouldn't you know it after several hours of work it was too small. on a good note (for my son at least) it fits my son so at this rate i will have peped half of his armor and saved him alot of work. will post more pics once i have the chest painted and striped.

Your armor is turning out great. I really like the peg idea to keep everything aligned. Nice work man!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back