Chest Scaling?

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah i totally know what you mean about pep 3. its totally different setup. mine always adjusts the other values according to whatever i change so its impossible to get a completely accurate scale. plus when specifying a specific scale using numbers i always get different numbers.
Ex.
FS helm- .253260
ST tester- 24.141729
FS torso - 2.414170

all three different. so freaking frustrating.

ryushialthane said:
yeah i totally know what you mean about pep 3. its totally different setup. mine always adjusts the other values according to whatever i change so its impossible to get a completely accurate scale. plus when specifying a specific scale using numbers i always get different numbers.
Ex.
FS helm- .253260
ST tester- 24.141729
FS torso - 2.414170

all three different. so freaking frustrating.

I just focus on the heigh cm sizer.
Dont even bother with the scale numbers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Farris said:
OK... I'm not going to spoon feed you how to adjust a scale... that's in several tutorials. It's in the same place where you adjust the assembled height. You just change one of the windows and it adjusts all others.

In short, read the stickies.
I'm not asking you to "spoon feed" me Pepakura 3 is different than any of the version 2's. It is very simplified and hard to find anything. And by the way those tutorials/stickies are referring to pepakura 2 not pepakura 3 maybe you should read before preaching at others.
moofactory said:
I just focus on the heigh cm sizer.
Dont even bother with the scale numbers.
Thanks moofactory, I've just come up with a great way that tlither has told me about. He said there is support struts in the model (and there is) and I could just get the width from that or print it and measure to see. And if it doesn't fit I can just adjust the scale according to the support strut using your method. by messing with the height scale until the width is wat I want it to be.

QuikJake, I'm glad you got the answer you were looking for, but please don't double post. Use the edit button. This forum does not have a merge feature. Carry on.

UNSC_Leatherneck said:
QuikJake, I'm glad you got the answer you were looking for, but please don't double post. Use the edit button. This forum does not have a merge feature. Carry on.
I don't see what's the big deal about double posting I mean does it affect anyone in anyway or is it just not looking nice?? o_O

It creates clutter and we have enough of that. With people starting threads instead of using the Q&A Team for answers and double posting it makes it harder to find what you are looking for. Editing a post is easy enough to do and helps us keep the threads looking nicer and easier to navigate to a degree.

QuikJake said:
I'm not asking you to "spoon feed" me Pepakura 3 is different than any of the version 2's. It is very simplified and hard to find anything. And by the way those tutorials/stickies are referring to pepakura 2 not pepakura 3 maybe you should read before preaching at others.
*sigh* There is no real big difference with 3 and 2, 3 just has more functions but the basic stuff is the same.
Dont scream at us, we have helped you here...

And you shouldnt be in a 'hurry' since there is pretty much no way, you will finish in time for Halo-Ween.
Armor making takes time, im not saying it's impossible, its plausible. But for a beginner who takes his time posting questions answered a million times before, doesnt help you to reach your goal faster.

Also, as stated - Dont double post

-FSS

edit: This cracked me up :lol: "It's very simplified, and hard to find anything."
If something is simple, how can it be difficult?

Finnish_Spartan said:
edit: This cracked me up :lol: "It's very simplified, and hard to find anything."
Simplified could mean a number of things, but perhaps he was looking for the word streamlined which sometimes with programs does make it intially harder to find things after you're use to them being in a certain location.

As for the double posting, it's more of a organization thing. Makes everything look nicer in threads. I merged the posts you had next to each other so hopefully no one gets on your case about it anymore.

Finnish_Spartan said:
*sigh* There is no real big difference with 3 and 2, 3 just has more functions but the basic stuff is the same.
Dont scream at us, we have helped you here...

And you shouldnt be in a 'hurry' since there is pretty much no way, you will finish in time for Halo-Ween.
Armor making takes time, im not saying it's impossible, its plausible. But for a beginner who takes his time posting questions answered a million times before, doesnt help you to reach your goal faster.

Also, as stated - Dont double post

-FSS

Ok first thing's first. I really don't appreciate you putting me down in my topics. In my first topic you tell me I should redo my helmet after I've spent countless hours of quality work on it. Now your telling me I won't be able to finish in time. :( It makes me sad that you have to hurt someone elses feelings obviously because you are insecure yourself. You don't know what I am or am not capable of and you certainly don't know anything more about me than what anyone else does on these forums, so don't judge me. By telling me something "cracks you up" from a sincere statement I made (It's very simplified, and hard to find anything) makes me feel that I'm not taken seriously and you could care less, because everything you've posted so far that has been directed towards me has not helped me in anyway possible; as for everyone else, everything they've had to say helped me in some way but you? not even close. And maybe if you actually thought about something before posting maybe by more simplified I could have meant that many things are hidden because more simplified means it looks neater and all of the advanced functions were gone only the basic ones were left. Ever put that into consideration?
2930278487_8b388ff90c_o.jpg

From now on please refrain from posting on any topics that I post as I'm not happy with any of your responses.

QuikJake said:
Ok first thing's first. I really don't appreciate you putting me down in my topics. In my first topic you tell me I should redo my helmet after I've spent countless hours of quality work on it. Now your telling me I won't be able to finish in time. :( It makes me sad that you have to hurt someone elses feelings obviously because you are insecure yourself. You don't know what I am or am not capable of and you certainly don't know anything more about me than what anyone else does on these forums, so don't judge me. By telling me something "cracks you up" from a sincere statement I made (It's very simplified, and hard to find anything) makes me feel that I'm not taken seriously and you could care less, because everything you've posted so far that has been directed towards me has not helped me in anyway possible; as for everyone else, everything they've had to say helped me in some way but you? not even close. And maybe if you actually thought about something before posting maybe by more simplified I could have meant that many things are hidden because more simplified means it looks neater and all of the advanced functions were gone only the basic ones were left. Ever put that into consideration?
2930278487_8b388ff90c_o.jpg

From now on please refrain from posting on any topics that I post as I'm not happy with any of your responses.

Woah there, high speed. Let's keep this civil. If you have a problem with another member or their posts it is suggested that you use the report button at the bottom of that post. This will send a report to the moderating team who can evaluate the situation and take whatever action is required. Some of your responses have come across as having a bit of attitude, I think that this was not your intention, but the internet can muddle things. As for the "cracking up" I can understand how "Simplified and hard to find" comment could be funny. 23Magnum cleared the choice of words up nicely. As for the time left 'til Halo-ween, you've got 3 weeks til the 31st. You're going to have to work hard and long to get your armor done by then. Can it be done? Possibly. Some people work faster than others. I wish you the best in your armor making and if have any questions, the Q&A team is here to help. -Semper Fi

OK kids. Let's play nice.

QJ - glad I could help. Usually body measurements are a very good way to go for scaling. Hope you get it scaled and built by Halo-ween. UNSC is right. A few of your posts do come across as having attitude. That is probably caused by the wording. At least I hope so.

FS - Take a step back and look at your last 30 posts. Have they been supportive or constructive? Have they been shall we say, slightly demeaning and/or not needed at all? I think we can go with the second choice.

Both of you need to relax and think before you click on Add Reply. Are you helping or hurting with your post? Think twice, click once.

/End of Rant

dont forget that the latest torso model has a tester built in as well as strips that can be printed off individualy to check width, height etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back