Cj's MK.V. Armor THread

Should I Stop, or keep going? (see 2ed post, page 9)

• Stop, go with a Diffrent Costume

Votes: 10 16.7%
  • Keep going, figure it out later

Votes: 50 83.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
hey guyz,
Ok, i am really unsure/worried about what to do now. cuz i fiber glassed my stomach and cod, but unfortuently, even when i cut them, they don't fit around me (im a biggish guy :( ) so now, i am wondering what i should do, cuz, if i scale em, they are going to look goofy big, to fit around me (the plates i mean). So, i am very unsure, on if i should contuie on with this project, and get all the plates done, except for the stomach and cod, or if i should just leave it now:confused
Thats what i need help on....
If you guyz think i should stop, i will, and i might go eaither to a halo 3 marine, or see how a Mk.IV fits on my torso....
Help!

Last edited by a moderator:
well, it's not really quite, it more like lose the belly... which could take a very very very long time.... =(

OK guyz, sorry for that little drama, i was tired and was not thinking what i could do to get around it ( i usually do cuz i am a long time costumer.....) so anywayz, i will contiune this project, but it will be slower, as tomarrow, is my sophmore graduation party (all year round home school FTW!) and along with that, i will get my first car tomarrow which is a 1971 VW convertiable bug! muwhahaha! and it will take some work in restoring, so my costuming will be slowed down, as i will be working the the Bug...

Anywayz, enough of my happy ranting... I guess you guyz and galz are wondering what i am gonna do to fix the belt problem?
I am gonna cut off the "thong" style of the cod peice, and then i will just replace the two belt sides with Sintra (PVC board basically) and since there is no real detail on those belts, it won't matter... AND! sintra requies no harding or anything!

So stay tuned for rondo pics...

you should make a staps between the crotch and butt plates, that way, they will fit and not be oversized
There. my two cents

^^^ that's what I'm doing. I just cut my cod piece in to 4 pieces today. Figured you could attach them with a belt and it could be adjustable. I'm gona do the same with the stomach piece. I was gonna attach the stomach to the torso and the back to the backpack but trying to figure out how to do that and what to do with the side pieces. Just an idea. Maybe we could figure something like that out together.

hey guyz.
Sad update, i am sick, and i really really think it is a bad idea to mess with anything, even slightly toxic, even with a resperator, so you will not be seeing any updates soon.
Whenver i get sick, it is usually short, but it is usually freaking hard to get through with, because since i don't get sick often (maybe once or twice a year?) my system is not very good at getting it out quickly, and also, my Asthma, is the worst part of it, as i can barely breath, and basically, have to do 10 puffs or more a day, of my fast acting one.... so, sorry to disapoint....

On the good side: Before i got sick (which i got from my bro....) i fully resinged and rondoed the to arms, and then i have both shins, shoes, and chest, and helmet all resigned... i am debating weather to redo the thigs, or keep em..... and the back plate will come next....

Alright! That's some serious progress! I'm glad you kept going with the costume too, I would have hated to see you stop so far in. Hope you feel better soon and enjoy that new car of yours! :)

thanks guyz,
Well, today, i feel much better, i get over them eaither very quick, or it takes a while, praise God this one only took 2 days:cool
And ya, i am glad i did not stop, i think i will just make the "belts" into, fabric... i mean, who actually notices (im talking like fan boys and regular people and Cons" a belt?so, i will probably just leave it off, of will find some way to attach the armor plates to the belt.....

Get well soon man! Hey I just looked at your helmet. You might wana put the support back in it because the visor slot has way too big of a gap from what it looks like. May cause problems when installing the visor. All I did was put the internal support in, and I cut some kabob sticks to th size of the front of the paper visor and glued them in place to hold the shape of the helmet. Check out my thread if I'm not making sense lol!! Now get back to work!!!!

Ok guyz, sorry for the lack of updates, but i am finally compleatly over being sick...
UPDATES:
I have repepped the left bicep and left thigh, and thye now fit much better! i will be doing the same thing to the right side....

Stay tuned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back