Cj's MK.V. Armor THread

Should I Stop, or keep going? (see 2ed post, page 9)

• Stop, go with a Diffrent Costume

Votes: 10 16.7%
  • Keep going, figure it out later

Votes: 50 83.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
lol, well sorry but, but being sick sucks xD

So anywayz, here are the pics....
DSCN4163.jpg

DSCN4162.jpg

DSCN4161.jpg

NOTE: clothes do not make it easy to get the bicep and thigh all the way up..... and i did not feel like going down to my underware =p
i found that i did not need to scale up the arms or the legs....

thanks!
And actually, the shin is about the right size, but since i did not hold it up, it slid all the way down..... i will be wearing shoes and so that will mean that the shin goes up to the right place... hopefully

OK guyz, update for ya,
I have again, finished all pepping. and i am now fiber glassing the new left and right thighs and biceps. I am also fiber glassing the back plate.... So, up next, is rondo!

Question, do yuo guyz think i should use rondo or fiberglass matt for the helmet?

i mudded the inside of the helmet to keep shape, and im going to put a layer of fiberglass mat on the inside for strength. i did this with all my other pieces and it seemed to work great. i used a 50/50 mix of bondo and resin just to get a thin layer that spread easily on the entire inside of the helmet. post pics when you do it!! XD

well, the first helmet i did, was the halo 1 marine helmet, i fiber glassed the inside of it, and then from my chest, i dropped it on to it top on concrete garge floor, no breaks, or cracks or anything! so i am thinking of doing that....

Lol well why did you ask then? I shall keep my opinions of total awesomeness to myself then! :angry lol! Oh and I still demand more pics!

lol, that is something i do a lot, i awnser my own questions xD but you can tell me your opinons, cuz now i really don't know what to do xD
and there is not much to post pics of... it is just rondo...

Okay, fine! here are pictures of things being rondoed....
DSCN4199.jpg
my work space
DSCN4198.jpg
left Bicep
DSCN4197.jpg
right thigh
DSCN4196.jpg

Helmet, which still needs a little bit more rondo, i did not have enough made for the front bitz....

There, ya happy? xD

Ok guyz, sorry for triple post, but kinda of a big step in my armor today
DSCN4201.jpg

DSCN4202.jpg

DSCN4203.jpg

and jsut for laughs
DSCN4204.jpg

It is hard to get on cuz it always gets stuck on my ears, but once i grab a racing sock, it should be fine!
What you guyz think?

Yeah I noticed your ear looks kinda scrunched in there lol! Looks like there's 2 pieces missing right in front of yor mouth on the upper jaw. I think they were attached to the internal support. Looks like a nice scale how it sits on your dome. Now get the rest done! I'm working on finishing painting then lights and padding when I get home!!

Yeah, the MK 5 will be a bit snug on the sides of your head. The back of my MK V bucket is all flexible foam, and still pinches my ears slipping it on and off. Fine while I'm wearing it, but the removal process especially can be a bit tight.

haha, ya, it is kinda in a longated dimond shape opening size.....
And ah..... that might be the probablem of why the front looks so weird.... xD um.... any ideas of how to fix?

i'd say just cut the tabs off of the support and slap them on, resin and rondo them. theyre the triangle parts. just look for the tab numbers that match the ones on the jaw. Cool Yoshi shirt btw XD

ok guyz, so update time! sorry, no pics, i did not have my camera with me and i was to lazy to go and get it >:)
Anywayz, i will ahve pics tomarrow hopefully.... of..... my fully painted helmet! bo-ya!!!! and it can even fit on my head with a little bit of cutting work i did around the bottem, where nobody even sees..... anywayz, sorry for no pics...

nice job dude. crazy bright orange! awesome!! im outside painting mine right now lol. and my visor just came in! about to spray the black parts. ill post pics when im done!

haha, ya, the flash made it very bright orange xD it's a little bit duller in Real Life....
And i will hopefully be going to a mortercycle shop soon to grab my visor, and maybe some padded, and racing sock....
and can't wait to see yours!
I ran out of resen for ronding.... so i am waiting to get some more of that... but in the mean time, i will jsut sand and paint i guess =D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back