Cj's MK.V. Armor THread

Should I Stop, or keep going? (see 2ed post, page 9)

• Stop, go with a Diffrent Costume

Votes: 10 16.7%
  • Keep going, figure it out later

Votes: 50 83.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
ok guyz.... so i am again questioning my armor.... mostly cuz i jsut can't get it up to my standered cuz of the paint, and some other things which i will explain here...
1. I don't think i should have rondoed all my parts.... for me, it is cuasing more trouble then good cuz rondo keeps getting on the outside of my part and then running down the outside. and for some reason, it is freaking hard to sand, so that makes it really annoying.
2. I did not do the two layers thing, cuz i could'nt figure out how/where to do it, cuz i don't own any of the halos, so i could not realyl look at it and figure out how :(
3. i still am thinking about doing a marine instead, cuz i iz fluffy xD and have always liked the none main people...

So, i know some of these are weird, but if you could help out, that would be great!

Hey, I'm a new follower of yours :p and I've actually read through the 13 pages. To be honest, the idea of a step by step from a first timer was appealing to me, since having a project of my own is incredibly daunting... I have to say that your doing an amazing job despite Real Life and sickness and speaking of sickness - it looks sick! I've also been reading what the vets have been saying and I'll go ahead and transfer a little of what they are saying.

I say (because they say) keep it up. From what I can tell, it's gonna take a while, and it's gonna be a pain in the donkey, if you get my meaning. Also, you are expected to make mistakes, so are those guys with the full body $1,000 Halo Reach super detailed suits. As for specifics... I have no freaking clue. I'm just here for moral boosts! And because you are the closest thing to a step by step tutorial right now.

So keep up the good work and don't stop now!

lol, after talking with my dad a littl,e you don't have to worry, i won't stop this, i am just trying to figure somethings out

good decision!! if you quit the project you would have gotten slapped with one of my forearm pieces! lol ;) Here's my $0.02.

1. when i rondo'ed tuff like the rorearm and shins, I sealed up one end with paper and masking tape so that it only had one opening. So I poured my rondo in at the top of the piece and slush casted it down to the closed end so it didnt spill out of the top. I DID get some on the outside but I sanded it off with low grit paper on an orbital sander (if you dont have one, I'd highly recommend it. $15 for a cheap one at harbor freight ;) )
2. With the raised panels (i assume thats what you were talking about) I just printed out the pieces WITH the detail lines on them and I cut them and traced them on to thick mat board and went from there. If you need a good reference pic, I used this one http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/_...humb/5/59/MKV_PDOREF.jpg/600px-MKV_PDOREF.jpg. Just look at the white pieces, and those are the parts that I raised up with mat board.
3. I might have to do one after this project is done too :D Let me know if you need pointers from what I did on my project. We're both doing our first project so we're both learning the ropes.!

when i made a wall to close off one end, the rondo got stuck to the tape, so that when i took off the tape, there was a wall of rondo xD so i have never done it again... any tips?
and, ya, im not sure which marine i want to do, 1, 2 or 3....

haha, thanks for the complment!
i have not had any money to buy resin as of right now.... but my birthday is at end of month, so i should be able to buy some sooN!

Saw this poll and I found it to be rather odd. Becasue youve obviosly invested so much time and effort and love into the suit. However..wiser and older men have been faced with your dilemma through out history, so I'll use a quote from long ago.

"Much good work is lost from the lack of a little more."-Edward H. Harriman. Who he is or what he did, I do not know but his words ring true.

Maybe what you can do is what I did, and take a break, then come back to it with new eyes.

Whatever you decide you're doing some good work here Ceej.

Update us oh mighty CJ!!!

My thread got moved to the creation forum :'( its so dark and cold over there.....

haha, have them move you back!
and my update is othign really, cuz, i still don't have any resen.. but, my birthday is the 29th, and i asked for a gallon of reason and bondo =p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back