Props Cnc Machined Game Weapons Including Halo And Killzone 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
GeneralMayhem said:
That depends on your motor tool and how long you're willing to wait for it to cut your shape. Your choices range from foam and poured resin board, to wood and softer metals. Ideally, the best use for the CNC mill is to cut blocks of specially made hard wax, and use the wax master as a basis for casting the final part in a more permanant material.

As you can see, I've done a lot of research in preparation, just haven't had the time to build the machine itself.

:lol:

Yes, I agree, this topic is untimately too useful not to be stickied!
id say youve done research!

alright then, hardened wax.

where am i gonna find that? lol

Last edited by a moderator:
alrighty then

you've been a MAJOR help considering ive been wanting to do cnc for awhile now. much thanx to you

im done for now, when i get some results i'll post em.

RadioaciveMicrobe said:
Maybe you could make a Ryu headband?

I thought of this but I think that i might just make a Halo 3 Hayabusa Helmet

List of things that will/might be made:

Half-Life 2 Headcrab- maybe(model needed)

Halo3 shotgun- certainly

Halo3 sniper rifle- certainly

Halo3 Battle rifle- certainly

any more Ideas? please feel free to add more.

Carbine

Beam Rifle

SMG (Loess has a sweet model)

Splaser* (Nugget's awesome model)

*Would it even fit on your CNC machine?

In this case , size doesn't matter. Any model can be cut up into smaller sections for machining. Also, the Rockcliff plans have provisions for making the machine frame in different sizes depending on your machining needs.

You should make hd greeblies for those who have made the low definition armors and don't have the time to remake new pieces.

Here is a machine I have been working on off and on..

gallery_6885_877_27894.jpg

gallery_6885_877_13922.jpg

The only thing left is to finish the Z Axis and trouble shoot and hopefully machining after that.

It is built completely out of aluminum and has been machined by a real CNC machine at my work.

If anyone is interested in building there own unit go to Hobby CNC Dave sales the electronics and had some plans for a unit there.

By shopping around on Ebay for some of your parts you can build on for around 400 to 500 dollars... I have a bit more in mine because i wanted a stronger machine..

I just finished going through the folder of plans for the Rockcliff, and printed out just the drawings I'll need for the base model with imperial measurements. Now I have to compile a list of parts to buy, and start budgeting everything.

GeneralMayhem said:
I just finished going through the folder of plans for the Rockcliff, and printed out just the drawings I'll need for the base model with imperial measurements. Now I have to compile a list of parts to buy, and start budgeting everything.

Are you building it out of MDF?

I'm considering MDF, but I'd like to go with a good quality plywood, if the cost won't set me back too much. I would have gone with 3/4 inch Polypropylene ($187.82 for a 48"x48" sheet), but I don't really have to tools on hand to cut and groove all the frame pieces quickly and smoothly, and I'd like to keep the cost down for my first build.

GeneralMayhem said:
I'm considering MDF, but I'd like to go with a good quality plywood, if the cost won't set me back too much. I would have gone with 3/4 inch Polypropylene ($187.82 for a 48"x48" sheet), but I don't really have to tools on hand to cut and groove all the frame pieces quickly and smoothly, and I'd like to keep the cost down for my first build.

Go with MDF is is a lot denser than plywood and is not subjected to as much warping. Also this allow you to drill and tap your holes so that you can use machine screws to hold it all together.

Hello sorry about the lateness of my response. My dad and I were just getting rid of all the "bugs" of the CNC.
And rundown the prototype (which is 2/3 of the "scale" BR) PM me the address to where you want me to send this baby.

Some pics will come soon

EDIT: pics are here!!!!
3171145127_24e954a928_b.jpg

3171974408_2f8d9cdc0a_b.jpg

3171144263_41ccbe1fe0_b.jpg

3171144077_d3c673a7b2_b.jpg

3171973676_4de857fd62_b.jpg

3171143415_ba46cce030_b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back