Props Cnc Machined Game Weapons Including Halo And Killzone 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ye :p beasty to see it.
And what is it made out?
btw you got a pm.

And if you want me to edit the traingles deeper into it just pm me ;)

CPU64 said:
Nice!!

Oh and BTW, deeper triangles NAO!!! :D
Yeah the Triangles are pretty fine!

And to answer the material question it is called pink industrial foam (though it's now blue)

Last edited by a moderator:
When you build your CNC out of MDF, make sure you don't get the boards wet or expose them to water.

MDF will soak up water like a sponge!

(Stupid thunderstorm the day I bought my lumber at Home Depot. grrr)

I got my controller board and the steppers ordered today! Woot!

Hey mods! What do you think about perhaps starting a sticky for CNC users. There are a lot more of us on the board then I thought!

Yodajammies said:
When you build your CNC out of MDF, make sure you don't get the boards wet or expose them to water.
MDF will soak up water like a sponge!

(Stupid thunderstorm the day I bought my lumber at Home Depot. grrr)
I got my controller board and the steppers ordered today! Woot!
Hey mods! What do you think about perhaps starting a sticky for CNC users. There are a lot more of us on the board then I thought!

Yea my fist one was out of MDF but I wanted something stronger (See picture a few posts back). MDF is really the best choice to start with because Plywood is subject to warping easier and MDF holds stronger with bolts by taping out the holes.

I agree there should be some kind of area for CNC here to discuses things.

Doug

OMG wow Must stop drooling!:lol: Dude that is utterly amazing. If you truly only have to pay for the cost of materials, then put my name on the list of paying customers! I'm definetely interested. Does that machine have the capability to do wood and plastic? Either one would be a bunch better. Like I said, great work dude. Keep up the awesome work! :lol:

BTW: I was serious when I said I'm interested. If you actually are planning on marketing them, could you shoot me a pm?

yea i would be interested too if the triangles were cut deeper and that would be cool if you could do wood or something stronger than packaging foam stuff but anyway im intrested shoot me a pm

I know I am somewhat new here, and learning the concepts of the building armor stuff, but I am pretty strong into electronics and computers.

Figured I would offer, I do SolidWorks (CAD) professionally. Would be willing to do models up in trade for goods of various sorts. This offer is good for anyone. Also can design circuit boards and such. (Perhaps you would like to have PCBs assembled for the helmet lights and such.)

John

Also can design circuit boards and such. (Perhaps you would like to have PCBs assembled for the helmet lights and such.)

That would be nice! I know some people would like to have an all in one system for their helmets. Like maybe with a fan, lights, and an audio input/output system. Maybe with some speakers, and...... dare I say it? Perhaps a voice modulator that made you sound like the Master Chief! haha I'm pretty sure that when you get enough post to see the classifieds, you're not allowed to offer "always open type stores" but maybe a good way to go would be to make a few prototypes, and see if people like them, and then try to sell them. In small quantities at a time of course. But welcome to the forums! Glad to to see there are people with previous experiences lending their help :)

For a home built rig, insulating foam is pretty much the ideal material to cut.

Cut the foam.

Shellac it.

Mold.

Cast in resin.

PROFIT! :)

I just got back from Lowes. I picked out 2 24"x48" sheets of 3/4" birch plywood for my build at about $14 each.

GeneralMayhem said:
I just got back from Lowes. I picked out 2 24"x48" sheets of 3/4" birch plywood for my build at about $14 each.

Good deal...

Still going with ply instead of MDF..

Keep us up to date on the build I would love to see the progress..

Doug

very sweet!! we almost fixed the one at school. im so pumped to start. wizardoflight has cad files for most of the weapons. im getting some blueprints from him

I'm done with my model and sent you a PM. PM me back if you want it.

lol3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back