Completed

Status
Not open for further replies.
That looks awesome!! Great job. It's a nice change from all that MC armor we have seen alot since 405 started. I love all the new Reach Variations

Looks good...did you ever figure a solution for the visor? I just finished my Noble Six helmet yesterday but can't find a visor to fit or one that I like...I have a link to mine in my sig if you want to check it out

Cheers folks.
bluelotus82 - I love the MC helmet but saw it had been done lots so thought I would try something relatively new. It seems VI is appearing all over now too.

FateGuardiaN - Wow, you weathered the heck out of your helmet! Your pep work is way better than mine was. Not sorted my visor yet but I am going to try and vac form a gold bike visor and use a chopped up clear one over the top.

I was going for the brushed aluminum look, but I wanted it to look battle used...I have been thinking off making bullet hit marks on it but can't think of a way to make it look realistic. Let me know how the visor works I might be interested in doing the same, or buying one. My next helmet I plan on keeping it looking pristine with gloss paint etc, but I just had to weather my Noble Six...because well...we all know how the game ends.

pretty good looking helmet man, looks awesome. The green on it looks also pretty good
btw did you say what all those holes were in the helmet?

I was going for the brushed aluminum look, but I wanted it to look battle used...I have been thinking off making bullet hit marks on it but can't think of a way to make it look realistic. Let me know how the visor works I might be interested in doing the same, or buying one. My next helmet I plan on keeping it looking pristine with gloss paint etc, but I just had to weather my Noble Six...because well...we all know how the game ends.

If you have a bit of depth in your bondo somewhere, it should be possible to use a round ended rasp or similar in a dremel and machine it in that way. Have a sketch on some paper first or find a few pics of battle damage to work from.

Will be sorting the visor later this month and will keep you posted.

Hey thanks Road Kill. Was going to be 2 shades of green but the dark one seems to have hidden itself away somewhere.

It wasnt till after the base went on that I put the 'holes' in it. I just figured that it 'needed' something and I kind of like them. I never set out to go screen accurate which is just as well, the helmet is ok for my first go but my next piece will be better :)

Thanks man...yea I just picked up an HJC replacement visor for $20 at a local motorcycle shop...it needs some small modifications but it fits pretty well...will post pics later tonight...I'll PM you when I do and you can see if it would work for you...they come in tons of colors.

Hey thanks Road Kill. Was going to be 2 shades of green but the dark one seems to have hidden itself away somewhere.

It wasnt till after the base went on that I put the 'holes' in it. I just figured that it 'needed' something and I kind of like them. I never set out to go screen accurate which is just as well, the helmet is ok for my first go but my next piece will be better :)

sure thing man, and the holes do make it look pretty cool :)

very good helmet i wanted mine to end up like yours but i didn't have mototool in that time (over one month) and i was quite busy

Thanks spartan-b312, It took me a while to get this far because all the shaping was by hand (no rotory tool at the time) and the temprature here in the UK spent 3 weeks below zero centigrade. Even now its only +2 degrees.

As far as time goes, I got lots done over christmas as am busy most of the year and just frantic in our short summer (quite often go 3 or 4 months without a day off!). Dont give up when your short on time, leave it somewhere it will shout at you when you have a spare hour.

Led light test fitting
405th
[/URL][/IMG]

spartan-b312 - Santa left me a new dremel for xmass and that slot was cut using a pointed rasp bit. I could have used a craft knife but it would have been rude not to make use of my new toy? All the sanding was done by hand.

Thanks Fred617 & thorn696.

Im now looking at a small pile of pep peices of hd handplates and wondering if I should avoid hotglue due to the small tabs and snall faces and use something like Bostik or Uhu?

Well as I am waiting for payday so I can finish the bucket, I thought I would start another peice (looks like Im hooked!). Settled on the hd handplates by ROBOGENESIS. Well I have quite big hands but even taking that into account I didnt fancy pepping those indentations on card so used ordinary inkjet paper for those.

I was concerned that they might fail the resin but figured it was worth a go. Stood upto it fine so I may well use this again for very small bits.

405th
[/URL][/IMG]

After resin :)
405th
[/URL][/IMG]

So, happy bunny!

Those hand guards look good. ive tried twice with card stock and it just wasnt working. came out all sorts of deformed. i'll have to try it this way, maybe this is how everyone else does it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back