Completed

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of pins were needed to hold the foam in place to check for fit.
405th
[/URL][/IMG]

checking for strap/buckle location
405th
[/URL][/IMG]
405th
[/URL][/IMG]
405th
[/URL][/IMG]

With my weapons being a bit 'iffy' I bought a cracking pistol cast from smick6 (awaiting paint at the moment) and talked a freind into building a rifle.

The thighs look great. They hardly add any bulk it seems?

The armour was sized to be as close to me as I could get it because the shins are wide as are the upper ends of the forarms. They will need considerable padding :-(

Still have electronics to add, going to put 2 fans in the back of the chest blowing out the vents, hopefully it will help cooling.

Even loose stitching will tear through due to the stretching and flexing on the lycra suit. I have tested the rubber based cement now and its holding pretty well under stress. Just have to run it through a wash/dry simulation/test to see if it holds up. No one likes a smelly spartan lol

all glory to the hot glue gun....?

A little while ago I posted up in the classifieds for an M6G(B) in the UK.
Being unable to find one, a cool member (smick6) messaged me about one of his casts from the states.
A deal was done, I was nervous about delivery/customs etc but I need not have been.

The cast arrived very well packed, only required a small amount of trimming/cleaning up before I could spot putty a few small air bubbles then prime and paint.

The results below. Very special thanks to Emil (smick6) for his building, casting skills and a willingness to share. Thank you Emil.
405th
[/URL][/IMG]
405th
[/URL][/IMG]
405th
[/URL][/IMG]
405th
[/URL][/IMG]

Vince old son, this is truly great work my friend. let's hope the MA37 lives up to the work you've already done!

Si

Thank you folks, quite pleased with how it came out.

Si, your builds are so tight you make me look like the amatuer I am lol.
I wouldnt even of attempted to build my suit without the 405th and its inspirational members.

Cant wait to bring everything together :)))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back