Convert .MAX to .OBJ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Use autocad enterprise edition, thats what i do.

1270854683-HolyNecropostingBatman.jpg

It has been a long time, no doubt, but I just wanted to report that the FBX converter worked great.
Just acquired some more files, and will be researching into obtaining both model and texture assest.

Yeah, having the character, vehicle, and weapon model is fun and all, but sometimes you need a little more than moveable objects to bring an animation to life.
Scenery, here we go!

Feel free to join me on this fool's errand, Community!

Now here's a perfect example of an acceptable necro-post as Koshima has something to contribute.

Is this software something you purchased, or is it available for download? Link?

Thanks for the thumbs up, Carpathia. Will be posting a link within the day.

I decided to look around for a Decompiler for Valve files, mostly VTF, VVD, and the like, instead of pressuring community members for help. As my intention is purely to create epic and dramatic scenes depicting battles between Covies and Humans, I wanted to find a way to do things on my own rather than bothering others, even though I am very thankful for all of the help.

I picked up a Valve Source Decompiler, also known as StudioDecompiler by Cannonfodder, and some extra useful plugins for Autodesk 3ds Max 2012. Will be updating, or try to at least, this thread regularly.

EDIT:

You can find the program and other useful links here!

For all the Source/Valve models, in past (and currently) I'm using nem's tools - sure, they are a little dated, but work just as well.
Also has texture support and extraction - so was using them a lot to get the Portal/Portal 2 models and textures for animation practice.

CJ

For all the Source/Valve models, in past (and currently) I'm using nem's tools - sure, they are a little dated, but work just as well.
Also has texture support and extraction - so was using them a lot to get the Portal/Portal 2 models and textures for animation practice.

CJ

Nice find, MS7.

Going back to my past postings, I realized that I'd be able go further with my goals with the proper textures. Unfortunlately, that whole process escapes me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back