Cortana Costume by Revenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
You may want to make a "Duct Tape Dummy"!
It will make life dramatically easier for you to work on the costume :)
And as an added bonus, should only cost about $20 - $25 to make ;)

Here's the link that shows how it's done!:
Duct Tape Dummy Tutorial

Looks fantastic BTW!!

Dave/Cereal.

Last edited by a moderator:
You may want to make a "Duct Tape Dummy"!
It will make life dramatically easier for you to work on the costume :)
And as an added bonus, should only cost about $20 - $25 to make ;)

Here's the link that shows how it's done!:
Duct Tape Dummy Tutorial

Looks fantastic BTW!!

Dave/Cereal.

you know, i keep hearing people say gthat but i never understood how to make one or why.

@ACDCrockr209: Thank you so much! Those pictures look amazing. Definetly gives me some ideas for how to design the lower half.

@Cereal Killl3r: Thanks for the link! I have seen them before, but always wondered how to make one. I'm not sure i'd have room in my house for one, but I'll keep it in mind if I find space.

@onmi shift: Yes, I'm planning on getting blue contacts to make my eyes stand out. I'm kind of excited about them. I've never tried the colored contacts before, should be fun.

Great to see progress on this! Keep up the good work!

Did you ever find a decent face paint to use?

Cause I totally forgot at the time that I was supposed to pick you up the same stuff I used.... Did you still wanna do that? Or did you find something locally?

Great to see progress on this! Keep up the good work!

Did you ever find a decent face paint to use?

Cause I totally forgot at the time that I was supposed to pick you up the same stuff I used.... Did you still wanna do that? Or did you find something locally?

Lol. I wasn't sure if you still remembered me. It was so long ago! Actually after I messaged you, my husband lost his job and I had to put my costume plans on hold until recently. But over the last few months, I did a bit of research on water based face paint like you suggested and I found a few websites with professional costume makeup that I can order from online. They have a variety of shades of blue, so hopefully I can match the color right.

But thank you for the offer and for all your tips. I saw make-up tutorial that you posted the other week and that was a big help too!

This is cool, I think Cortana is underrated. Girl needs more costumes done of her! one at every con! XD but seriously at least one. . . I like the costume so far, the wig is a good color, I assume you're going to cut it? Good luck, I'm watching this!

I worked on the back/shoulder portion of the costume this weekend. I know, it's not exact (but I'm throwing my own spin on things).

cortana-costume-12.jpg

cortana-costume-13.jpg

cortana-costume-14.jpg

Finished the spine this after noon. Going to work on the arms next. I'm leaving the lower half of the costume for dead last (I'm hoping that new images of Cortana's Halo 4 look will be released at comic con or pax prime *crosses fingers*)

Cortana-costume-15.jpg

Wow, looks great, Revenge. Can't wait to see the finished work. With the paint, were you able to find the right color with 'glitter' mixed in or did you have to do it yourself? My gf is putting one together for the H4 release in November and thinks she'll have to mix her own.

Wow I can't believe how long it has been since I posted an update! Work has kept me really busy this summer. :p

So here's my progress so far:

I received the wig I ordered from ebay. I love the color!

wig-1.jpg

After building up some courage, I finally cut the wig as best as I could too look like Cortana's hairdo (it's a lot harder than it looks!)

wig-2.jpg

And to add the final touch, I added some strands of blue tinsel to give it a bit of glitter and that "data stream" look.

wig-3.jpg

I haven't made any more progress painting just yet. PAX is at the end of the month so I'm crossing my fingers for some new Cortana images. If not, I'll just get creative. I recently found a fan art on the deviant art website which I may use as inspiration.

halo_4___cortana_by_dwarfvader23-d577spy.png

Wow, looks great, Revenge. Can't wait to see the finished work. With the paint, were you able to find the right color with 'glitter' mixed in or did you have to do it yourself? My gf is putting one together for the H4 release in November and thinks she'll have to mix her own.

No, I actually used 3 different kinds of paint to get the look I wanted. The first coat is a dark blue fabric paint, the second coat is a blue/silver glitter paint, and then I have some 3D fabric paint to draw the data stream lines (I haven't used the 3D paint yet, I'm waiting until I have the whole suit painted before I start that.)

Cortana-Costume-3.jpg

Your work looks awesome so far. I personally wouldn't worry terribly about getting the exact blue/darkblue pattern that the new version of Cortana has. She is kind of a holograph and can pretty much change how she looks whenever she feels like it. Also, the wig pics aren't complete without you having the rest of the costume on as well!

Really? There's a lot of Cortana costumes here on the site. I think Revenge even linked to one earlier in the thread.

Haha this looks pretty nice. Can't wait to see it all complete!
P.s. The wig is really awesome nice cutting skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back