Cortana's New Look, With Other Halo 4 News

Status
Not open for further replies.
now that you said this, he is banned :O.
it may have something to do with the malware shizzle

Nothing to do with the malware. Tankball has been given a temporary ban for repeated insults and abusive language. You'll see him again near the end of February.

So I decided to scrounge around the net and I found this little bit of info. Prepare yourself, Community!

I'll see if I can fix this to where you can see the image first. Screen Caps Requested!

Last edited by a moderator:
Some of you may have already seen this, but Halo Waypoint released a video recently documenting some of the making of Halo 4. There is a lot of great information, but at about 6:00, they go into depth on John's armor (so detailed that he has "117" in braille on his armor!!), starting with a very good shot of the undersuit.

Under.jpg

Please forgive the horrible image quality, I'll try to get something better up soon.

Here is the link to the video...

Making Halo 4: A Hero Awakens

It's the fourth video in Tankball's, I mean TheTankball's, I mean Halo 4 Updater's previous post.

Some of you may have already seen this, but Halo Waypoint released a video recently documenting some of the making of Halo 4. There is a lot of great information, but at about 6:00, they go into depth on John's armor (so detailed that he has "117" in braille on his armor!!), starting with a very good shot of the undersuit.

Under.jpg

Please forgive the horrible image quality, I'll try to get something better up soon.

Here is the link to the video...

Making Halo 4: A Hero Awakens

The Dev's said that they wanted to create the undersuit first, and from there they built the armor. They wanted to make the Chief seem human, as one of the themes of the next game is the exploration of 117's humanity, all the while maintaining the tankish, super-soldier aspect. I can safely say, I am most definitely a campaign buff!

Now, if only I had seen that video Cortana was in before D*con... -shakes head- Didn't even think to look for a video that would have shown what the rest of her looked like. -.-;;

How can you expect Cortana to stay the same? She and Master Chief spend 4 (?) years floating in space...! And has thus aged! I think 343i did a great job giving Cortana an older, but still very powerful and distinguished look :D

I hope they do change she's a completely different person.

Don't think that will happen, the game is almost gold so...

It's not that Cortana has changed, she's grown and developed as a character. The visual aspects behind her appearance are nothing more than alterations performed by the artists over at 343i. Granted, they wanted to express her fall into rampancy all the while still maintaining the fact that she is a key character in the Halo series, and what's more, Cortana is the literal representation of the Master Chief's human side.

So keep in mind, change isn't always bad. Sometimes it is what is necesary to move a series along. That's what we call Development.

It's not that Cortana has changed, she's grown and developed as a character. The visual aspects behind her appearance are nothing more than alterations performed by the artists over at 343i. Granted, they wanted to express her fall into rampancy all the while still maintaining the fact that she is a key character in the Halo series, and what's more, Cortana is the literal representation of the Master Chief's human side.

So keep in mind, change isn't always bad. Sometimes it is what is necesary to move a series along. That's what we call Development.

Lol... I tried to say something like that... guess I'm not as well-versed as I thought... :p Thank you sir for pointing this out!

On a side note... I can not wait to see how Cortana is falling into rampancy and how her story combined with the Chief's is going to unfold...! :D

In a very Pic-Heavy update, i've compiled some of the renders off of Waypoint and from Halopedia into these next two posts.
So, as promised, here are the images, the first batch of which is UNSC and stuff.

Cortana as she appears in Halo 4
2821593-gallery.jpg

Note that her limbs appear darker than the rest of her body. To touch on my earlier post, this could signify her descent into Rampancy, as the code which flows through her body is heavy and condensed in these areas. Cortana also appears more human, and it's worth mentioning that after a seven-year service to the UNSC she's experiencing her mortality.

Good ol' John-117 with his trusty new MiniMAC Gun.
2821598-gallery.jpg

Commander Thomas Lasky, the main character of the upcoming live-action series Forward Unto Dawn
2821597-gallery.jpg

Lasky has been influenced by the Chief in a great way, and leads the majority of the UNSC forces aboard the Infinity. He looks alot better than the other marines, no doubt.

Commander Sarah Palmer, one of the leaders of the S-IV forces aboard the UNSC Infinity,
2821599-gallery.jpg

Further proof that Female Spartans return to the fray; Palmer leads the S-IVs and is a big part of SpartanOps. She's equipped with Scout armor, and has a preference for the DMR.

Captain Andrew Del Rio, of the UNSC Infinity
2821595-gallery.jpg

Del Rio is the Captain who appeared in the live-action reveal for Halo 4, and is the physical embodiment of the old-world military aspect of the UNSC. He's the guy who calls Chiefers old and Cortana crazy, so I'm not to excited about him as of now.

A Multiplayer Screenshot of two Blues,
2821692-gallery.jpg

This appears to be a CTF game, with the Spartan in the foreground eqiupped with the H4-Styled Mk VI helmet, and the Spartan in the background wearing the new Raider helmet, which appears to have some eastern influence in its design aesthetic.

MA5D Individual Combat Weapon System, the latest iteration of the Assault Rifle,
H4-MA5D-AssaultRifle.png

Another render of the MA5D, with one of the unlockable skins,
H4-MA5D-AR-Skin.png

A profile render of the MA5D with the PRIME skin, available through the pre-order of the Limited Edition,
H4-MA5D-ICWS-AR-PrimeSkin.png

Pre-ordering the Limited Edition of Halo 4 also nets you the PRIME skins for the standard Recruit armor set, as well as an emblem with the same name and a new outfit for your XBL Avatar. Granted, it's $99.99 USD, but with the pre-order you can also obtain a full-copy of the Forward Unto Dawn miniseries and an early-access pass to future DLC Maps and content.

The M6H Magnum,
H4-M6HMagnumPistol.png

The M395 Designated Marksman Rifle, making it's return to Halo 4,

Halo4-M395DMR-Side.png

This current post is WIP, so sit tight, 405th!

Cortana also appears more human

Another reason to make her more human looking is the new facial animation tech of 343 - it's very realistic so it wouldn't work as well with a more stylized and featureless character, but if they make her face more human, the rest will have to follow as well.

Del Rio is the Captain who appeared in the live-action reveal for Halo 4, and is the physical embodiment of the old-world military aspect of the UNSC. He's the guy who calls Chiefers old and Cortana crazy, so I'm not to excited about him as of now.

How about this: the voice and motion capture actor for this character is Drake from Aliens? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back