Props Crackerjack's Rocket Launcher Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hay peeps. Back from the dead.

As I've said, I've finished fabricating the SPNKr now. Just cleaning it up and fixing some of the Neodymium magnets that refuse to stay put. Currently organising transportation to Pete and Ed so it can be moulded and cast for Op Chastity. Other than that, there's nothing really update worthy. However, I've just set up a a Twitter account to deal with all my model making and prop building if anyone is interested in little updates, random quips, related and unrelated info. Find me here

Some people wanted to know how heavy the total launcher was. I weighed all the components a few days ago, and it came in at around 6.7 kg.

P.S. Sorry for the shameless plug.

landothespartan said:
This, my friend, is not only a bottle, but a whole freaking vat of 1337sauce.

i say that he requires more than 1 vat... he requires 11... 11!

Last edited by a moderator:
Altair651 said:
So..... we gonna see any pictures of the finished launcher any time soon? =/

Well I did post a pic of it all together on the last page, but I suppose I'll post one once I've finished priming it.

great build cant wait to see a casted version that is all painted up. do you have a dateline to send it off to peter? around how much did you spend in materials ?

guilty said:
i only have two words to describe this build.......EPIC WIN! but did the school supply the materials or did you

papasmurf said:
great build cant wait to see a casted version that is all painted up. do you have a dateline to send it off to peter? around how much did you spend in materials ?

College supplied most of the materials, but I had to get a few things myself, like the barrels, some sheet styrene, the magnets and a length of chrome tube. I think I'd spent no more than £50 on the materials I sourced, but I have no idea much of the college stuff I used cost.

I don't think Pete is too fused, but I'm hoping to hand it over in the next couple of weeks.

It's been abit of a nightmare of a week. It was a bank holiday over here on Monday, so college was closed, and I was attending a graduation ceremony in the wednesday, so there was a couple of lost days. But I've only got a couple of components to prime now, so shouldn't be too long.

Unfortunatly I haven't got any photos of the pieces being primed or anything, since misfortune prevented me from taking any. First my phone's battery dies one day, and then I'm being ushered out of the workshop before I could take any this afternoon. Poop!

As I've mentioned, I've now got twitter, which I'll use to for quick short updates on any of my projects, including the SPNKr. I just need to found out how to upload photos from my phone.

Nearly finished priming, but here's something till then.

gallery_12243_1566_86941.jpg

Sorry it's really blurry. I'll take some better pics once I take a better camera in.

gallery_12243_1566_111782.jpg

OMFG YELLOW! Borrowed some filler primer off a friend to see how it would turn out.

Has anyone used filler primer before? I've never heard of it till now, so I'm not sure if it's the standard stuff people use.

Altair651 said:
Filler primer? Do you actually mean body filler mixed with primer? =/

Nah, its an acrylic based primer that's supposed to fill scratches. More info here. I've found it abit temperamental to use, had to be much more careful not to apply too much. It doesn't dry as quick as the stuff I usually use, so you can sand it down as easily. But if you get it right, it leaves a nice finish.

MrTiKi said:
I've been following this thread for a long time and I must say that is some beautiful work.

Thanks man! hehe, I always enjoy a good ego stroking!

CrackerJack121 said:
Nah, its an acrylic based primer that's supposed to fill scratches. More info here. I've found it abit temperamental to use, had to be much more careful not to apply too much. It doesn't dry as quick as the stuff I usually use, so you can sand it down as easily. But if you get it right, it leaves a nice finish.

I can see that, thanx for the info! :)

gallery_12243_1566_155111.jpg

I was having problems with the rear loading handle since the joints were too weak to hold. I've added some grip detailing to give more surface area to hold the join. I've also changed how it's mounted since the original looked too messy, as was the panel detailing on the rocket module, which I've been cleaning up too.

I've only got to clean up and prime a couple of pieces now, so I'll be (touch wood*) finished by the end of this working week.

(*No, in your endo!)

I love filler primer. Its fantastic for filling in the little scratches. You can really sand it down smooth, especially wet sanding. I get all the way down to like 2000 grit on it and its like glass. I know a lot of people that use it. Its safe, especially if you always use the same brand of paints. Hope that helps!!

Sorry about the missing pic. I was linking it directly from Twitpic. I;ve uploaded it to my gallery and fixed the link now.

Brandon McClain said:
I love filler primer. Its fantastic for filling in the little scratches. You can really sand it down smooth, especially wet sanding. I get all the way down to like 2000 grit on it and its like glass. I know a lot of people that use it. Its safe, especially if you always use the same brand of paints. Hope that helps!!

Yeah, unfortunately whenever I try and get some wet'n'dry paper, I can only seem to get 400 git at most. Wonder if ticked off the DIY gods for something.

Hay people. Got an update for yah here!

Since I've been soo behind schedual with the SPNKr for Op Chastity, I decided that I might as well keep it on for my diploma show next week. I've been painting it up so it looks nice and swank. I left the last piece, the drive wheel to dry over the weekend, so I'll grab a final pic on Monday once its all together. Not the best paint job, since I don't have access to the proper kit right now, so I couldn't mix the right colours.
Diploma_show_WIP_by_xenocrackerjack.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back