Crackhead's plastic tex suit

Status
Not open for further replies.

crackhead09

RCO
405th Regiment Officer
I had a friend of mine ask me to make her a Tex suit and I haven't made anything in awhile, so I figured it could be fun. I also decided to make this a little differently from the normal paper and fiberglass route that I'm used to doing. So what I did instead was make it in paper and instead of fiberglassing it, I poured some ONYX in it and slushed cast to see how it went. Here are the results.

BkHzKyR.jpg

Started very ugly I almost gave up on it, but the stuff is very easy to work with and ended up looking like this!

JwZAdWN.jpg

I dunno if someone else has tried this method before or not, but it ended up working really well! Since its a resin it fills up all the little gaps and doesnt leave air pockets like fiberglass can.

Attachments

• BkHzKyR.jpg
    BkHzKyR.jpg
    545.4 KB · Views: 178
  • JwZAdWN.jpg
    JwZAdWN.jpg
    512.5 KB · Views: 154
YES!! I had that very idea, and did very nearly the exact same thing! Didn't turn out quite as nice as yours... still needs work, but it's well on its way.

yup I only used ONYX for the inside, then just normal bondo for the rest. If youre gonna do it, look over every pin hole in the paper and seal it with super glue, because the plastic will pour out of any hole it finds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back