Soft Parts Creating the PERFECT undersuit: A discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
while we're talking about under suits, what is generally a good undersuit/fatigues for ODSTs? links welcome

Step one.
`Read stickies.
Step two.
`Use the "search" function as implied in the stickies.

You'll find good threads that have already covered this subject....
such as this.
http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=777&hl=bdus

Not to mention, the MC under-suit and the ODST camo are two different subjects. It'd be helpful to keep it that way.

;)

P.S. No picture updates yet.... I'm still making the muslin suit to reproduce the pattern on the form. I'm also working on a VERY basic cardboard shapes to us as "place-holders" for the armor so I know how it will be sitting on top of the suit.

That's it though.... nothing fancy yet *yawn*

SpartanMyAss said:
Where do you get the visor? thx
SEARCH. right up top of the screen, on the right? see it? like this 'SEARCH' click that. Then your visor will magically appear in your lap

Last edited by a moderator:
You know... I really do appreciate adam and the guys for what they do on the forums here...

But SERIOUSLY. We've got to get a handle on these little 10 yr. olds (sarcasm about maturity level of various posters), AS they are registering.

This is getting really ridiculous.

tsuyosa said:
You know... I really do appreciate adam and the guys for what they do on the forums here...

But SERIOUSLY. We've got to get a handle on these little 10 yr. olds (sarcasm about maturity level of various posters), AS they are registering.

This is getting really ridiculous.

I hear you Tsuyosa. All we can do is work on our armor and do our best here. Any new pics on your under suit construction?

Spartan 161 said:
I hear you Tsuyosa. All we can do is work on our armor and do our best here. Any new pics on your under suit construction?

Not yet... I found the old wetsuit that I had a long time ago... So i'm gonna cut that up instead of finishing the muslin. It'll make it so much easier! :)

When the pattern is finished those will probably be the next pics.

Does anyone have any reference images of the Halo 3 STATUES? (not the life-size ones) I found a couple pictures of them, but i'd like to see all angles... or get one.

WOW... i thought the star wars geeks were crazy (master chief suits are awesomer anyways - for god's sake it's the chief) ( :cool: )

u guys are borderline obsessed - and i think i'm going to fit in quite nicely ;) keep up the awesome work guys & update us on the progress

any idea where to get a good bit of that fabric backed rubber?

Investing in a wetsuit is a bit out of my budget for now...

Just for reference... if you guys DO ever decide to go the 'wetsuit' route.

First of all I do NOT recommend it. It gets unbearably hot especially if you're going to be wearing it outside.
Secondly try and get 3mm or lower to cut the heat. (unless of course you plan on wearing it in snowy conditions?)

Honestly, I don't know why yall don't just go on ebay and grab some of the under-armor or 'walmart brand' coldgear stuff. It looks about the same in pictures but is a fraction of the cost (and heat) of a wetsuit.

Not to mention... it's FAR superior in flexibility.

I would ideally like a suit as you have outlined but unfortunatley there is not a taylor around that will be able to get one done by halloweeen (i've asked)

For my ..erm.. next suit :cautious: , I will be sculpting a bodysuit and casting certain secions in black latex or silicone. These detail panels will be sewn into a custom made spandex bodysuit.

It might get crazy hot inside the suit, but a little discomfort is worth the accuracy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back