Custom Embroidered Halo Patches/badges

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boba Fett said:
Wow! I might be interested if you do this. Yup, you're the Queen of cloth!

Awesome! Hehe, thanks! :)

Goomerspartan10 said:
wow cortana thats awsome! do you think you will do more than just ranks? ( like a masterchief helmet, or an energy sword for example)

Oh definitely! What I will probably do is ask for a picture and Sgt. Reynolds (Mike, aka the boyfriend) will vector it in Adobe Fireworks.

mustang2500 said:
Wow, that's awesome!It's too bad I'd have no use for a badge, but it seems like a cool idea! This could actually be pretty popular.

I guess that was money well spent! ;)

I hope so; $5,500 is a pretty hefty sum! especially for someone like me. ^^;

Aaron said:
I'd be interested in a Luetenant one ;)

Okies. When I get around to actually taking orders, I'll post it in the Classifieds section, and then I'll just link to it from here. :)

Lt. Buckmaster said:
I REALLY Want a patch or two. So when you start making these, I am SO buying one.

Ok, great! Thanks for the interest!

Loess said:
This... is.. awesome! When you start up, I'm going to need a few patches.

Hey Loess, glad to see your interest! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
cortana i would love some of those.. are your going to make them like the military versions?

such as the shouler pieces? these slide onto the top of the shoulder flicks kinda like picture 2.. but in a sleeve form.

slide22.JPG

57x1detail.jpg

like these where we can sew them on to our own stuff?

Z-RatingPatches.jpg

RadioaciveMicrobe said:
Haha, the eagle is actually way over-detailed. Just the shape would be all.

I would probably vector out the general shape, then vector out the shadows in the wings, beak, etc. Basically shoot for a cell shaded kind of look.

I would definitely be interested in a 405th patch (if you can get Adam's permission) and a UNSC Patch. Any figure on how much the Spirit of Fire patch would be to make? It looks real nice! Also, I saw you could make these iron on or sew on, but would you be able to do a velcro backing? If not, no biggie, I could sew that on myself.

Queen said:
Oooooh. The Queen approves of such fancifulness.

*takes a bow*

CommanderFluffy said:
cortana i would love some of those.. are your going to make them like the military versions?

such as the shouler pieces? these slide onto the top of the shoulder flicks kinda like picture 2.. but in a sleeve form.

*Posted Image*

*Posted Image*

like these where we can sew them on to our own stuff?

*Posted Image*

Yes! That's exactly what I am trying to do. I want to bring the Halo ranks into the real military look and feel with these patches, so those pictures are what I am trying to accomplish. :)

Sangheili811 said:
I would definitely be interested in a 405th patch (if you can get Adam's permission) and a UNSC Patch. Any figure on how much the Spirit of Fire patch would be to make? It looks real nice! Also, I saw you could make these iron on or sew on, but would you be able to do a velcro backing? If not, no biggie, I could sew that on myself.

I don't think I'll be able to make 405th patches to sell, but we will see. I'll probably make one and show it to Adam and see what he thinks. The Spirit of Fire patch would probably be in the $45 range, only because of the intricate design and the different colors. It would be roughly the same size as the rubber coaster thing that came with the Halo Wars collector edition of the game. :)

{Cortana said:
I don't think I'll be able to make 405th patches to sell, but we will see. I'll probably make one and show it to Adam and see what he thinks. The Spirit of Fire patch would probably be in the $45 range, only because of the intricate design and the different colors. It would be roughly the same size as the rubber coaster thing that came with the Halo Wars collector edition of the game. :)

Gotcha. Any yay/nay on the velcro? Everything looks great so far, though! Another patch I'd love to see is the Pillar of Autumn:

Pillar_of_Autumn_Emblem.JPG

And I'm sorry for all the questions, but I've got one more. Is there any way these patches could be subdued, just black and dark green/gray, as shown below?

This
us_patch.jpg
compared to this
us_subdued_xlg.gif

That would add another level of military realism!

you can buy military usa patches almost at any wholesaler for weapons. i thought realism in halo didnt have a usa just a unsc and a united planets?

anyways.. cortana that would be sweet. i should get to work on the halo military uniforms... but my manikin for clothes has long been dead... dog broke it... something to do with dog ladder and celing fan... anyways yea i'd love to get some of those when your ready to get them going. you think of makeing other halo related patches?

edit:by the way i found this handy link... high res rank images http://forums.bungie.org/halo/archive29.pl?read=854391

edit:edit: and they have vector files in illustrator and eps.. no redrawing needed

CommanderFluffy said:
you can buy military usa patches almost at any wholesaler for weapons. i thought realism in halo didnt have a usa just a unsc and a united planets?

No, I mean subdue the Halo patches the same way the military subdues patches today. The flag was just an example of what a subdued patch looks like. Sorry for any misunderstanding.

Yeah we can do that. Once they're vectored, changing out colors just takes a few clicks. Only thing is she might need additional cash to cover the costs of the other colors, depending...don't talk to me about that though. My expertise ends at the keyboard. :lol

heh thats ok renolds. when i do order my batch it will be of whatever she is printing and what kind of designs... also ill be getting 2 of each logo in different types. so ill pay for a spool of thread if need be.

Sangheili811 said:
Gotcha. Any yay/nay on the velcro? Everything looks great so far, though! Another patch I'd love to see is the Pillar of Autumn:

*Posted Image*

And I'm sorry for all the questions, but I've got one more. Is there any way these patches could be subdued, just black and dark green/gray, as shown below?

This *Posted Image* compared to this *Posted Image*

That would add another level of military realism!

Oh yes, I'm sorry. Yes, velcro can be an option! It might cost a bit more, but that will only be for the supplies.

Definitely doable. I do like the more subdued colors as well.

CommanderFluffy said:
anyways.. cortana that would be sweet. i should get to work on the halo military uniforms... but my manikin for clothes has long been dead... dog broke it... something to do with dog ladder and celing fan... anyways yea i'd love to get some of those when your ready to get them going. you think of makeing other halo related patches?

edit:by the way i found this handy link... high res rank images http://forums.bungie.org/halo/archive29.pl?read=854391

edit:edit: and they have vector files in illustrator and eps.. no redrawing needed

Oh noes!

Anything Halo related is possible for patches at this point, it's mainly just how much you are willing to pay for any given design. :lol

OMG, THANK YOU for that link!

Ok, just wanted to update an apologize for letting this thread/idea die. I've been really busy lately with all my commissions, cosplays, etc trying to catch up on everything before July hits. I'm going to try my best to get these up and running by mid-July. I would really like people to have these in time for DragonCon. :D

Sara said:
This one's great, I Love the design!

$25-$35 seems pretty reasonable too.

Thanks!

Cortana I'm not sure what program your using but the program I use for my little setup is Embrid, once you learn to use it, it has some features that help save time with designing the patch pattern. If you have any question I'd be happy to help.

I made a small emblem generator (html file) for the odst emblems. Would you like it? I could make one for H3 too, if you'd like that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back