Custom halo SMG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone!! As you all know, I have a LOT going on.. but I thought I would share this with you.. I am currently working on a custom SMG (from Halo of course!!) (it is made from the basic body of a Nerf Recon) and I thought I would let you guys see my progress!! This will almost be like a tutorial.. I will show you what I am doing, and I will be posting updates.. With school, chores, and all of my other projects, this may have some slow points, but I will do my best to finish it in a timely fashion!! anyways, ENJOY!!

This is the most recent.. I cut off the entire lower reciever, and later today, I will be cutting off the trigger guard, in order to put in a metal, and much more realistic one.. and I WAS going to use the stock that came with the gun, BUT I decided to run a pipe though the entire receiver of the gun to act not only as a barrel, but as the (stem of the) stock (butt) of the gun. The pipe will be the stem that connects the butt to the actual receiver..

pic:

207.jpg

Hey, I cut off the entire trigger guard, and sanded.. it looks MUCH cleaner now.. All I have to do now is cut the upper receiver (at an angle) up front, insert my barrel/stock pipe, epoxy, fill with expanding foam, sculpt pieces, make a magazine, bondo, paint, and distress.. not too much right? lol.. here are some pictures!!

246.jpg

249.jpg

oh, and p.s this last one may it look like a rough cut, but it is in fact VERY smooth!! here:

247.jpg

Pics aren't showing up. I'm fairly sure you just took the direct link to the picture and put IMG tags around it, it has to be the link to the picture itself to work.

Example:
s1091.photobucket.com/albums/i391/evanmcorleytv/?action=view&current=249.jpg[./IMG]
[IMG]http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i391/evanmcorleytv/249.jpg[./IMG]

The top is what you have, which is the direct link to the page the picture is on, however it has to be the link to the picture, which is the bottom. The easiest way to get it right is to look at the box of 4 links on the Photobucket page next to the picture, and click on the one that says "[IMG] Code", it will then copy that link, and you can paste it here.

Thanks!! No more screw ups from me!! Also, I cannot continue until I got to Home Depot to get some aluminum, some neodymium magnets, great stuff (expanding foam) some PVC, and copper pipe ( that's what I make my pneumatic, combustion, and hybrid cannons out of!! ) some wood, and some nuts and bolts..

Applied MDF on the bottom of the gun..
094.jpg

Bottom view..
089.jpg

Another coat of primer..
081.jpg

The gun in it's entirety..
085.jpg

Another view..
098.jpg

Yet another view..
084.jpg

Now all I have to do is make the stock, insert the barrel, fill with expanding foam.. (Great Stuff) trim the foam on the exterior, apply Bondo, epoxy the stock on, make the magazine.. Then prime (AGAIN!!) and paint!! and then distress..haha

Hey this looks pretty cool! I like the idea of using a nerf gun to make halo weapons. (I plan on using a nerf gun to make an assault rifle!) Anyways can't wait to see how this turns out! Good luck man!

Your smg looks like its coming along great. I'm assuming from the pictures that it wont be able to fire anymore. But as long as it looks great, then whats it matter, right?

Amazing!
Im not too much in to nerf guns, but aproximately how much does one of these cost?

I saw one of these at kmart for $20 yesterday.

Amazing!
Im not too much in to nerf guns, but aproximately how much does one of these cost?

This one cost me about 20 dollars, and THANKS!! I've actually begun smoothing the body, and will see about cutting out those two pieces tomorrow!! And again, THANKS!!

Your smg looks like its coming along great. I'm assuming from the pictures that it wont be able to fire anymore. But as long as it looks great, then whats it matter, right?

That's what I was going for!! and Thanks!!

Hey this looks pretty cool! I like the idea of using a nerf gun to make halo weapons. (I plan on using a nerf gun to make an assault rifle!) Anyways can't wait to see how this turns out! Good luck man!

Thanks!! and good luck to your build!!

I began doing secondary smoothing on the body, and I will finish that up today, and will get pics, and I will see about cutting out those other two pieces..

Its coming along great. Kepp at it. I was really thinking about making a pair of these out of the same nerf guns.

Thanks!! but in all honesty, this is a HARD project!! There are so many variables that it sometimes gets overwhelming!! It's not like Halo armor, where there is a definite shape, and a specific way to do it, there are just so many things that you have to do in order to make it look right, but all in all, it IS a fun project, and I cheer you on!!

Hey everyone.. I can't do the Nerf gun anymore.. I dropped it on concrete, and it broke, SO I have decide to go ALL OUT custom, I will be making a wood sliced model of the gun that will be WAY more realistic!! It will also require less work.. so.. YEAH!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back