Customizations on your armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redsleighdown

What have you guys done or what do you think would be some nice armor mods?

What i've done:
4 blue LEDs on the helmet
2 cooling fans in the helmet
white lights for biceps, thighs, and back
Mic with speakers in helmet (sound comes out of the black vents)
Side case for Nano
headphone in helmet to listen to nano
flat speakers in back piece for contana phrases and halo STs (playlist on nano)
control panel on arm to adjust volume, track, etc for Nano

8)

lights in the vents
leds in the same areas as redsleighdown
might put a sound board in the back also

Maybe as a side you could convert/mold a airsoft or paintball gun into a battle/assult rifle or something.

i was thinking about a airsoft gun...might take the internals out and place them in it, we'll see

np.

as far as other supplies i've used. bike lights, LEDs from radioshack, helmet fan kit off of eBay. The back speakers came from a backpack from bestbuy that had flat speakers built in, which i removed :$ops:.

yeah, i made many trips to the army surplus store for buckles, snaps, rivots, straps, pads, belts...

I originally used official UnderArmour for underneath the armor but it was way too plain and shiny. so i then replaced it with motorcross armor with hard plastic pads and motorcycle pants.

EDIT: go here for 2 halo 3 tracks
http://www.myspace.com/halo3officialmyspace

click download under the track names

Wow!! I love the idea of Cortana dialogue coming from the suit.. I'll bet that get's a lot of laughs.

Now I'm stuck wondering... What the's the best way to trigger them? I'm kinda' thinking an mp3 player or something, but I'd want better control on which phrase comes out.

I'd be cool as hell (but impractical) to do a full Cortana soundboard.. Aside from that.. I'd be happy with a couple of yes/no comments and some random jabs at the masterchief.

Deadguy said:
Wow!! I love the idea of Cortana dialogue coming from the suit.. I'll bet that get's a lot of laughs.

Now I'm stuck wondering... What the's the best way to trigger them? I'm kinda' thinking an mp3 player or something, but I'd want better control on which phrase comes out.

I'd be cool as hell (but impractical) to do a full Cortana soundboard.. Aside from that.. I'd be happy with a couple of yes/no comments and some random jabs at the masterchief.

i've tried a couple things, what i found easiest is attatching an mp3 play to your wrist, arm or side.

for general standing around phrases, i made one long track consisting of cortana phrases and pauses (just used a basic sounds recorder but turn your mic off) of 3,5,10,15,60 seconds. then i had a playlist of yes responses, and a play list of no responses. just mess around with it.

my favorite is one time at an event someone asked me "what are you doing here?" with a press of a button i said "finishing this fight"

Last edited by a moderator:
A good customization idea

Redsleigh, I found one for you...and everybody else.

The new screens of Halo 3 show that secondary weapons are now visible on the character, slung on the back for bigger weapons, or clipped to the sides of the thighs for smaller dual wielded guns.

I remeber seeing someone do that to their custom built suit...like last year, in almost the identical position on the thighs he mounted clips where he could park his SMG's when he wasn't using them.

I always thought this was a really cool idea. Glad to see that Bungie approved! Check it out here:

http://mydumbprojects.blogspot.com/2005_10...ts_archive.html

Scroll about halway down...unless you've never seen that tutorial before.

Great job on the Mp3 player mod....thats sweet.

i like the nano thing. as for the holsters i was gonna go all out . . . magnets will metal inserts in gun mabye so i can put it on the back would that be awesome or what. or at least to guide the gun into a back holster. PM if u wanna discuss it

WanderingRon1n said:
i like the nano thing. as for the holsters i was gonna go all out . . . magnets will metal inserts in gun mabye so i can put it on the back would that be awesome or what. or at least to guide the gun into a back holster. PM if u wanna discuss it

I was thinking the same exact thing. Intensively strong magnets to 'holster' your BR/AR to the back or other places. It would definitely work.

Last edited by a moderator:
im gonna do some sketching and designing before i make it but i think ill make it fit under the armor so i dont have to have that weight on it all the time even though im prolly the most physically fit person on this site hahaha jk jk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back