Customizations on your armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
REDslieghdown,

Trust me M8 your on the right track,...

Get a cooling vest! I have one and its night and day difference! With it your actually worried about looking the part and having fun, not counting the number of beads of sweat that have cruized down your back since you put this costume on.

Some pretty cool upgrades, I ain't gunna try and of them until I've create my first armour set me thinks :Steve:

would if you put computer cooling fans in the shoulderpad's airintake??

same for the pants..like at the knee and up on the thigh

MAN i wish i had the money to make an armor suit!

TaC 04 said:
would if you put computer cooling fans in the shoulderpad's airintake??

same for the pants..like at the knee and up on the thigh

MAN i wish i had the money to make an armor suit!

It will be difficult to make air flow down around your body whilst wearing your body armor. Instead think of buying the cooling sticks (DONT USE BLUE ICE PACKS!) A cooling vest alone will keep your whole body comfy for hours! And they recharge in about 2 hours in an ordinary ice in an ice chest.

Last edited by a moderator:
that works too..it was a thought...im ganna try both when i make my suit

i'll let you know wich works or not

I was thinking of making a cooling suit, it would add bulk to your body (making the suit look better)

my idea for the cooling suit would be to take a cooling system for a computer mod, with the tubes that hold coolant, and then attach them to a leotard/jumpsuit thing, so the cooling tubes are pretty much right next to the skin. and then over that, you have the padded underarmor.

I would probably wire up a switch to my wrist, and have the power supply in the "backpack" armor.

note: I'm already planning on running my suit's other electronics from the back pack as well, I think I might put a couple of "big" batteries in there (not sure what kind)

The problem with running batteries of any kind, unless its kept simple, and fairly low tech you have to run fairly powerful voltage to do more "trick" stuff. So the more batteries you have to carry, or the bigger they get. And when your wearing your suit lets say at a Con for 4 to 6 hours,.... carrying a car 12 volt batt on your back isnt fun anymore!

Believe me the 501st guys have been trying to nuke this idea for years! LOL

GL though!

but if overworked could explode, happened to me.

had a cheap remote control car and i i left the throttle on and it got to hot and exploded. three pieces of plastic dug into my hand, hot hot hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back