:D hi!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey all, let me start off by saying im new to the site.
second, ever since i played halo 3 for the first time 2 years ago, ive wanted to make that suit.
but i figure i should probably stick with something a little less demanding huh?:D
so i figured i amgoing to make the helmet and the pistol from halo 1.
so my questions are:
how do i get blueprints? ive heard a couple of things about something called pepakura? what is it?
and second, any tips?:D
thnx

Phase 1: read stickies.
Phase 2:.......
Phase 3: armor!! :p

Lol welcome dude! Reade all the stickies on the noob forum about 1: introduing yourself, 2: adams intro video for noobs, 3: info for noobs such as materials, pepakura, and how to get started. Read the stiickies. They will help you get started. If it says anything like "casting" or anything that sounds super complicated, save it for later after you read about getting started and pepakura. I recommend reading the "pepakura for dummies (or noobs)" sticky. ;) good luck dude!!!

Welcome man!

Pepakura is a modeling program made for printing out pieces of armor to later be assembled like Origami pieces until you have the shape of your armor. Then most people take fiberglass resin and coat it in that stuff to harden it up, bondo over that to add details, and then you can paint it!

As for tips: (the first one is actually a MUST)

- Read the stickies (Yeah, reading and research are very important here)
- Take your time
- Post pics! We love to see what other people are doing for their projects, ways of making their armor more unique than the next!
- Have fun! Enjoy the end product and the process of making the piece, most if not all builds have a high level of difficulty (this is especially true with weaponry props via Pepakura), so don't wuit halfway through or else the incomplete project will sit somewhere and mock you for the rest of your life ;)

There are alot of great models out there for the Mk V helmet Matth101(the above poster:p) has a suit currently in the works that's really great! Check out his W.I.P for ideas.

The "Big" file index for alot of the models. This is where you can find a helmet and a pistol for your build. If you're really interested in this, check out the BIG all in one download of pepakura files

Now, there's alot I haven't covered, and this is only a touch base. Really read and study the stickies, they are stickies for a reason. I hope to see some cool stuff from you soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back