Darko's NCR Veteran Helmet Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonaldDarko3

So, this is my first real build, and first post on the 405th. I've decided to build the NCR Veteran Helmet using this pepakura template. I know, relatively, what to do when it comes to pepakura and spray painting, and such. But I'll definitely feel more comfortable completing this build with the help of the 405th.

I would really appreciate help here, and I'll hopefully be able to keep this updated as my work progresses. Thanks.

Hey good luck on your build. fallout is my favorite video game series. just a tip though, next time be ready to go with some pictures. You will get a lot more attention.

Hey man welcome to the 405th!! I am also working on a NCR helmet, you can check out my thread if you'd like. And also good luck with your build, if you have any questions about this build I'm more than welcome to help you make it look perfect! Lol

There's lots of info on scaling in the stickies. Nice to see another person building fallout props as its my favorite game.

Hey man welcome to the 405th!! I am also working on a NCR helmet, you can check out my thread if you'd like. And also good luck with your build, if you have any questions about this build I'm more than welcome to help you make it look perfect! Lol

Thanks, I checked out your build and it's definitely looking nice. It's also more in line with what I'm doing than the other NCR builds I've seen on this site. I've just finished the top (actual military style helmet part) of the papercraft, so I'll post a picture of it soon.

I scaled the pepakura 90%, I'm 5'8" with a normal sized head, so if anybody needs to scale the same file, that might be helpful.

This is the Helmet portion of the... helmet. Sorry for the bad quality, I'm using a webcam at the moment.

20856520796075589565210.jpg

Looking forward to seeing more pics of how yours comes along. Are you going to eventually do a whole outfit, or just the helmet?

Looking forward to seeing more pics of how yours comes along. Are you going to eventually do a whole outfit, or just the helmet?

I'm not sure, it might be a little bit out of my range of abilities to do so.

Here's my current progress:

20702820818322920673810.jpg

I'm thinking that the pepakura portion of the build should be completely finished by tomorrow, and I apologize for the bad quality, I'm still using a webcam but down the line I hope to get a chance to take some higher quality pictures.

I'm not sure, it might be a little bit out of my range of abilities to do so.

My NCR Ranger build was my first real attempt at anything armour-y, it was quite the learning curve.

Also, hard to tell for sure on the webcam pics, but your Pep work looks pretty neat and tidy.

welcome to the 405th!i see you used the pepfile i used,check out my one if you want the mask is finished but the rest of the suite is on hold, good luck with your build mate i will be keeping an eye on it
just a quick pointer if you dont buy a ww2 helmet and your going to build the helmet you will want to make it about 1cm bigger then the one that comes with the pepfile because with all the bondo and stuff the mask becomes alot bigger

I've finished resining, and have decided to go with Rondo (mud glass?) method for strengthening. I've only rondo'd the mask thus far, and the rondo is very hard to sand (I'm doing it by hand.) I'm very close to completion and I'm praying I don't screw something up.

Pictures will be up soon.

20549920959221906583910.jpg

It's awful, probably beyond salvaging. I really don't know why everything turned out this way, but is there any way I can fix it at this point? The surface is extremely rocky and I've sanded and sanded but I don't think i can even out these surfaces.

:(

I would say the Rondo is a bit too thick on it? Looks like you've lost those ridges on the nose part of it, and a bit of detail on the front vox part. I dunno how hard Rondo is to sand (I use an Aussie equivalent of Bondo, which I think is a tad softer), but if you can get it all smooth you might be able to add the detail back with a rotary tool?

20549920959221906583910.jpg

It's awful, probably beyond salvaging. I really don't know why everything turned out this way, but is there any way I can fix it at this point? The surface is extremely rocky and I've sanded and sanded but I don't think i can even out these surfaces.

:(

dont use rondo on the outside, unless if its something small like the front where you want it to go down in the little lines but other than that only use it on the inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back