Data Crystal Chip Model. (Updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.
well i started to clean up my computer and found a partially made model of the data crystal chip. i just wanted to show it to you all while i try to finish it. if you find a problem just tell me and i will try and fix it.

datacrystalchip1.jpg

AFS

Edit: here are some pics of the data crystal chip in its current stage.

213457.jpg

213521.jpg
213532.jpg
213547.jpg

Update: 25 NOV 2008

this is the moment you all have been waiting for. thats right the model is complete. I'll be ready to mold just as soon as my 3d printed piece gets here.

I will be taking orders for a plain just resin cast model. (PM me for price) all cast wouldn't be shipped untill after christmas due to the amount of hours BestBuy is giving me.

As for a Data Crystal chip that hold real data i have to do a little more expermenting before i will be satisfied.

Any Questions just ask

I'm liking it AFS. I've wanted one to put in my armor since I got started with this forum. Finish it up. So far it looks good (to me).

Garland said:
While impossible for pep, that would be an AWESOME reference model. Go ahead and finish it.

:lol:

Finished and yeah it would be a bit impossible. here is the sketchup file for you all.Data Crystal chip for AI made with google sketchup

I will be trying to make it a little more pep friendly soon but i have to get to class now and then work tonight at the base. dang ORI :mad:

oh and here a pic of the complete model i may go in and smooth it up a bit more but that is if my vid cap card will work so that i can get some more veiws of the Chip

datacrystalchip2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this the thing that contains Cortana? MC puts it in behind his helmet after Keyes gives it to him on the Pillar of Autumn, right?

Right. Looks good AFS. Will make a good reference. Don't think I'd do it in pep unless is was quite a bit bigger.

This is where somebody like Legendary Armor or Bevbor comes in with a rapid prototyping machine and makes like over 9000 of them...

Hmmm, I like the rapid prototyping idea but i also know that it would be a little large. if you download the file it is like 100" long and 60" wide. but knowing the LA guys they could fix that....... oh, snap. Idea maybe I could ask one of theirs opions on it.

Air_Force_Spartans said:
Hmmm, I like the rapid prototyping idea but i also know that it would be a little large. if you download the file it is like 100" long and 60" wide. but knowing the LA guys they could fix that....... oh, snap. Idea maybe I could ask one of theirs opions on it.

well obviously, someone will just have to import it into a 3d modeling program and scale it down...

Last edited by a moderator:
Might have to play with it when I have the time - if that's alright AFS. Don't really know squat about 3d but might be a learning experience.

nice model^^ but like they said that would be impossible for pep, but good for reference
:p very HD

Here's a thought. Scale it down so it's about 2 feet wide. That would make it about 3 to 3.5 feet long? Probably 4-6 inches thick? That would be pepable.

ok well i scaled it down a little( will update the file to download) it is sitting at 36 1/16" x 23 15/16" x 2 15/16". as for making it a little more pep-able the areas in the pic i have circled are the areas that will be made into another part so that you can add them on after pepping the main model. some of the small indents will be made a little deeper as to make them easier to do and to have them stand out a little more.

datacrystalchiptobemodded.jpg

if you have any questions just ask me.

PS i didn't know how addicting 3D modeling can be. now to try my hand at............................

as promised here is the pic of the version that i am making a little more pep friendly.

datacrystalchipmodded.jpg

sorry for the double post i thought i could use so input

For like a picture or something? I guess that's a neat idea.

Just initially thought there was something off about the whole pep thing when it's only supposed to be about twice the size of an SD card. That makes more sense now.

Put plexi in the circular area with a little blue tint on it with a bulb behind it and bingo you have a nice soft light lamp on the wall.

Here is a small update.

I have imported the file into pepV3 and will attempt to see if i can pep it. if so i will start part two which is scaling it down to a more realistic size and then molding it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back