Data Crystal Chip Model. (Updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.
pep is impossible. not even with my jumbo model is it remotely possible.

well after pulling some hd screencaps off the intro vid to h3 i noticed that the model i was using is off. close but still of so since i have some free time i will be putting in all the detail. this mean;

1. NO you will not be able to us a pepakura model for a while.

2. YES it will be more game accurate

3. YES it will be another month or so before i will be ready to retry printing this.

sorry for the DP had to update. and I'm sorry if anyone wanted this to be done soon im kind of a perfectionist. (thats why i've pep'd 50+ helms and my MC & ODST armor is not done.)

*POSTING SPREE*

UPDATE

Ok everyone AFS back with a pic of the updated model.

chip2_0.jpg

the one on the left is the new version while the one on the right is the old. Yes, i do kinda work in 2d befor making it 3d it makes the process a lot smoother i think. This is going to be more game accurate and im trying my best to have this done befor the end of april. oh how i hate school, eating up all of my time. well if you have any questions or comments please post. and yes mods i know this is techniclly a triple post, merge them if you want.

ok new pic of model 2.1

chip2_1.jpg

AFS

Air_Force_Spartans said:
[...]

sorry for the DP had to update. and I'm sorry if anyone wanted this to be done soon im kind of a perfectionist. (thats why i've pep'd 50+ helms and my MC & ODST armor is not done.)

[...]

No need to apologize, dude. I'm the same way myself with my projects. Hence why I have so many unfinished (my MC armour being one), lol. The way I see it, if it's something worthy of being made, then I want to get it as accurate as possible. Nothing less will do.

What can I say. It's a curse :rolleyes

I'm glad to see you're back at it again, though. Detailing's looking great. I'd been following this for a while, and was hoping we'd finally get to see an end come to it. Take your time with it. After all, you (being the builder) above everyone else has to be happy with the end result.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for the encouragement Spartan II. I'll try and get this done soon but no promises. still working on all the detailing plus there is only like 15 sec of video in halo 3 where you can get a good look at it; and let me say this i almost have it memorize.

TERRA Operative said:
When you finalise this for sale, I'm in for a few. :)

Ill keep that in mind.

As of right now im just going to be doing the molds of the chip untill i can figure out how to wire the thing properly

as for everyone else the NEW AND IMPROVED model is done. It is more Game Accurate and totaly impossible to pep unless your god.

chip2_1_2.jpg

Air_Force_Spartans said:
It is more Game Accurate and totaly impossible to pep unless your god.

Did I just here you say bevbor? lol, its a sweet model, and I would LOVE to get my hands on one...

WRising said:
Did I just here you say bevbor? lol, its a sweet model, and I would LOVE to get my hands on one...

If Bevbor could do this he would be a God, but sadly i thing even he would have a heck of a time with this one. you would need a laser cutter to cut and score all the parts. and a magnifing glass to see the numbers. oh and be really steady with the glue. hence impossible.

Boba Fett said:
got a pep file? I'm up to the challenge... muhahaw!

give me a bit to do some final adjustments to the stl and i will post a pep but i don't say i didn't warn you

Update as promised hereis the pdo. i didn't unfold it so good luck. please post picks if your successful.

If anyone wants the STL file please PM Me. Im only doing a limited release of it.

Boba Fett said:
have an approximate size this should be? beginning unfold... in the middle of chemistry class. :p

I'm not sure how accurate it is to the game version but my model/the Weta chip is about 55mm long, that might be a decent starting point :)

Also it's cool to see someone else using a Cupcake to do prop work :D

Belakor said:
I'm not sure how accurate it is to the game version but my model/the Weta chip is about 55mm long, that might be a decent starting point :)

Also it's cool to see someone else using a Cupcake to do prop work :D

True i did have to pull heavely from cut seen vids. yeah im saving up to buy my own but school keeps zapping my saved cash. but the guys at CCCKC are the best but it will be next week before i can get back down there.

AFS

PS: IT's the blue monkey everyone be good. and what run is your Cupcake CNC (aka: Makerbot)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back