Data Crystal Chip Model. (Updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks Vampyredh,

well with a little research i figured out how im going to do the light for the middle and the memory card.

for the light in the middle im going to do basicly this, but with a small modification. mainly i will be taking not using a switch so once the cap is carged then it will power the led untill it runs to low.

the memory card will be a basic usb flash drive just gutted and modded a little more. 12344321 will be the pin set up. more info to come

i have good and bad new and a cost anouncement

the good news is the chip model is in the process of being printed.

the bad news is that the printer broke and it will be one to one in a half weeks before they get it working again.

on the lighter side i will be taking orders for the plain jane model unpainted for $15 and a painted version for $20.

depending on what i can get the parts for the light circuit for i think the painted light up model will be about $25

I'm trying to keep good moral, but with some of these setbacks it getting tough but on the lighter side after christmas i will start molding, If i have my printed model in hand by then.

Thanks for all the support and if there are any things that would make this model better that can be fixed during the molding process just tell me.

Just came across this thread AFS, and I gotta say... nice work on that data crystal chip.

The amount of detail is impressive; I myself have been hard-pressed to find any amount of decent reference material for the actual details on the chip. Tried looking for YouTube recordings of the "Sierra 117" cinematic at the beginning of HALO 3, but the ones I came across were all low-res, which didn't help at all.

Personally though, I'm surprised there haven't been more people trying to make this little prop, lol. Just out of curiosity, what size is the chip you've made for molding/casting? Looks to be about 2" by 3.5", or maybe 2" by 4" (that's just from eyeballing it, though).

if i remember right, cuz the file is on my laptop and not my desk top it is .25 inches tall by 1.5*3.5 inches. it is little bigger then a ds game cartilage.

Ah, okay. Thanks for the info, dude. I don't have (and never have had) a Nintendo DS, so I wouldn't have known that :p lol

If you don't mind I'm going to use your template and scratch-build my own (I'm big on making these sort of things myself, heh). I plan on integrating this into my Mk VI helmet, have it removable from the back. That'd be a pretty kewl feature of the helmet, I think.

Anyway, how are things going with this project? Do you have these available for sale yet? o_O

unfortunatly not the guy I'm getting to do the 3d printing on this told me that the repairman had to order another couple of parts :mad: . it was some thing about a too much power going the the motors. but he did reduce the price on printing from $50 to $45 which was nice :)

Damn. Sorry to hear there have been further delays with this, dude. Hopefully you can get it resolved quickly enough, as there are obviously more than a few people here who would like to get thier hands on this neat little piece ;)

SPARTAN II said:
Damn. Sorry to hear there have been further delays with this, dude. Hopefully you can get it resolved quickly enough, as there are obviously more than a few people here who would like to get thier hands on this neat little piece ;)
Yeah i know. Heck work has given my some f'd up hours.

Last edited by a moderator:
This would definatly be an awsome prop to have, especially all painted up and with good electronics. Would make an awsome display piece as well, similar to how the Terminator CPU chip is displayed. Definatly interested. Great work!

tubachris85x said:
This would definatly be an awsome prop to have, especially all painted up and with good electronics. Would make an awsome display piece as well, similar to how the Terminator CPU chip is displayed. Definatly interested. Great work!

Very true! I myself am going to incorporate my scratch-build of this into my helmet, but there's no reason this can't be shown off as a stand-alone piece. It would be kewl to build up some sort of display base for it, just as was done for the Terminator CPU. As for the electronics, given how thin it is (based on AFS's dimensions) I don't know how easy it would be to install any, but it would be well worth it given the potential "WOW!" factor involved :cool:

Ok sorry there has not been much work on the project or any poject, due to College,(evil Biology). i will be getting a 3d print as soon as i finins building my REPRAP and get it calibrated. after that i will start working on goin about printing other items. Sorry for the Necro of my post but just wanted to update yall

Since it's your thread to begin with, and your post is right on topic, this is an acceptable necro. No worries, dude ;)

As for what's going on with this project, thanks for the update. I had been wondering just what was happening with this :p lol

I want to thank the guys at CCCKC for their help they let me use their cupcake CNC to print off the first chip will have pick as soon as by friend gets back tonight or atleast by weeks end. one thing to note- the guys at CCCKC said to make this a working storage device, and to stick with the idea of a sd card of micro sd card i would need to revamp my design a little. over one year and counting. as soon as i get my RepRap built ill be good. So Far for the datachip its 3 hours to print 1 prototype. wish me luck.

SORRY FOR THE SUPER NECRO JUST THOUGHT PEOPLE MAY WANT TO KNOW WHERE I WAS. i will be placeing the .stl file and hopefully the revamped g-code on thingiverse.com, i let you guys know when i do.

again Sorry for the Necro

Not really a necro if you're updating your own thread. Glad to see you back at it! I remember this thing from a while back.

mks81 said:
Not really a necro if you're updating your own thread. Glad to see you back at it! I remember this thing from a while back.

nvr really stopped. killed 2 Proccessors, 1 vid card, and many a mouse (they fly across the room quite well). heck and im still prefecting the model

Nice to see this project up and going again, I would never have thought of making an AI card until I saw this thread.

If anyone is interested, I have the 3d model of it from Halo: CE here

Pretty low poly (and pep friendly). Lots of detail would need to be added or carved.

Great 3d model, MKS81, can't wait to see your shiny finished product :cool

mks81 said:
Actually it is A_F_S's model, but I agree, very nice.

Whoops! So much text, so little cognitive recognition on my part. :rolleyes

well got bad news.

1: not posting pics becouse im a perfectionist and don't want you guys to see a bad print.

2: Got model back from my friend and boy is it in bad shape. the model's bottom is warped and i think its becouse of not using a heated bed. well ill work on the model and figuring out a way to print it better. I may even try a rotating it 90 degrees on the x axis.

any tips or ideas would be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back