Deployment Application Process Begins Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those who want to apply for Deployment please remember to include front, back and side pictures of your costume as stated. Convention photos are ok if they are of high enough quality.

For those who want to apply for Deployment please remember to include front, back and side pictures of your costume as stated. Convention photos are ok if they are of high enough quality.

Yes please! I know that a couple of RCO's have organized a bit of photo time for their members during local conventions so this might be an idea for people to think about. It doesn't take long to get some good photos of your gear and generally there are lots of hallway spaces at facilities that would work great for a neutral/plain background.

Hey wanted to take a minute and do a drive buy here for the sake of you guys and everyone else. I want to say great feed back. I agree with the improvement that were suggested and the things I needed to add for the next tier. I knew my armor was short a few things but the reason for submitting at that time was simply to get the service number I wanted before it got snagged by someone else. And for those who are wandering I am Tier 1 and I am perfectly happy with it. My armor didnt deserve any higher at its current level and to be honest Ashuraa and I were worried that it would be tiered higher. Remember folks the tiers are here to give you goals and bragging rights in its own affect.

So that being said. Excellent work gang and thanks for the time and the input it was greatly appreciated.

Thank you Kusak3. I'm sure that mothmonty and Masterchief0624 will very much appreciate this. While it is always important to let people know what areas could use improvement, it is equally if not more important to let them know when they are doing something right, so thank you very much.

Just a note for everyone - we are getting a lot of applications with armor pieces missing or armor mixed together that couldn't actually be mixed together in game. As well, we've had a couple of applications with the cited reference being a photo of a costume made by someone else. Please keep in mind that these costumes have to be doable in game. Even custom mash ups (eg: A Captain America ODST) needs to be a complete ODST with the addition of Captain America parts. If you have an officially sourced reference for your particular costume that shows missing handplates or gauntlets, etc, please provide that to our team when you email in your photos.

With the application of each new costume that they haven't reviewed one of yet, the guys go out and search for reference material so that they can appropriately review your application. They may from time to time ask you for the references you used, if they are unable to find something.
Ashuraa and I are going to role out our first soft parts must and should list for Dr. Halsey. If you do all of the musts, you will be deployed as a Tier 3 Dr. Halsey. The should list will just make your gear all that much more perfect. If you are missing some of the must list, you won't be deployed as Dr. Halsey but may be deployed as a Tier 1 or 2 generic UNSC Scientist depending on how much of the must list you are missing. We're hoping that this will put soft part costume deployment on the same levels as our armored deployments are at.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you have any estimate on when we may get forum badges or titles to reflect our tier, if we choose to use it? I'm excited to announce my placement, and an icon would be nice to include. Otherwise, I'll just have to photoshop a blue ribbon or gold medal on a pic of my armor ;)

Sent using Tapatalk

No, I don't know that yet. But Art and I are discussing it and trying to figure out what can be done.

FANGS, the e-mail address deployment@405th.com is also for asking questions regarding deployment?

About your specific application that you've already submitted, yes. About deployment in general, no. I would prefer that you post those here or send a private message to me and I'll get it to the right person or answer myself.

Thanks for all the updates Fangs. They really help those of us who are mid-build to know what is required and will assist us a lot at application time.

"I don't know what's weirder, that you're fighting a stuffed animal, or that you seem to be losing" - Suzie

About your specific application that you've already submitted, yes. About deployment in general, no. I would prefer that you post those here or send a private message to me and I'll get it to the right person or answer myself.

Thank you very much, Fangs. I've sent you a PM and thank you for all your hard work and updates. :D

In order to make the process as quick as possible. Please include pictures of the back of your costume. I know I keep going on about the pictures, but we can't deploy you unless we've seen the whole costume.
please make sure your 3 DIN requests are different and that they are numeric

I've been wondering... Did many people apply already?
Many deployed UNSC personel so far?

Hey guys! I applied for deployment through the Application found in the thread, and sent the reference pictures to the deployment@405th.com email on June 14th of this year, but have yet to hear back from it. I was just curious if I messed something up, or if I should just quit whining and be more patient? lol, thank you ^_^

GingerOfDoom, have patience. I doubt you messed up. ;)
The team working on deployment are like busy engineers. There will be plenty of applications from members, so don't worry. If you still have concerns, perhaps send a PM to FANGS, mothmonty, or another staff member, and they'll point you in the right direction!

GingerOfDoom you didn't mess up at all. You were part of the initial flood and I apologize for the delay. Email has been sent with deployment status

question for anyone that knows. for deployment, I will have 1 suit, but with 2 helmet variations. is this considered 2 suits or one?

I have added some extra information to the first post in this thread to talk about a slight change in how the deployment process happens coming up as well as the process for any appeals you might have with respect to deployment decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.