desperate mother Master Cheif pep file

Status
Not open for further replies.

sylasez8

Are there any halo fans out there willing to help a desperate 10 year olds mother. I cant even down load a pep file to start my project. I have promised my son for 2 years now that I would help him make a master chief suit. I have failed thus far(sad) please if any one has some advise on how i can get started I need it
Thank You so much

Mother of a 10 year old.
10 year olds mother
it's just badly worded...

My suggestion, read all the stickies around the forum...

Also, might want to hold off making him a suit until he's done growing. Spending all that time and money into making a suit he can only wear for a year before he outgrows it = waste of time and money...

Are there any halo fans out there willing to help a desperate 10 year olds mother. I cant even down load a pep file to start my project. I have promised my son for 2 years now that I would help him make a master chief suit. I have failed thus far(sad) please if any one has some advise on how i can get started I need it
Thank You so much

Welcome to 405th. We can direct you to the appropriate links to get you started. We are a community that discuss armor making. We do not sell any armor or sell our service. If you are willing to spend above $300 and spend 5 months working on the armor, I suggest that you start here.
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/30542-NOOB-reading-list

There are a bunch of stickies that will help you. To start you need a Pepakura designer, which you can obtain here.
http://www.tamasoft.co.jp/pepakura-en/

Please note that it works on Windows only. If you are a Mac person, you are out of luck.

you're a mother and you're 10 years old?

She meant she has a 10 year old son and she has promised her son for two years. ;)

Also, might want to hold off making him a suit until he's done growing. Spending all that time and money into making a suit he can only wear for a year before he outgrows it = waste of time and money...

I disagree. If you have time on your hands, why not! I completed 4 suits for my kids. They look cool in them. Way much better than trying to buy costumes from Wal-Mart.

If you can find one of the legendary helmets from the Halo 3 Legendary Edition, I know there are some tutorials out there on how to make it wearable and how to replace the visor with one you can actually see out of. As far as the rest, I'd suggest doing cardboard or foam... No offense but you probably don't want to invest a lot of money into a nicer suit like the fiberglassed stuff for a child that's just about to hit some major growth spurts.

So, yeah. I suggest you go with foam and a modified legendary helmet, but I'm also pretty new here; some of the veterans may have better ideas.

To start you need a Pepakura designer, which you can obtain here.
http://www.tamasoft.co.jp/pepakura-en/

Please note that it works on Windows only. If you are a Mac person, you are out of luck.

Actually, if you look around, there are some options for mac users to get the pepakura programs working, but they do involve running a windows environment on said mac. That said, take this as a sign that you should not be using apple products. ;)

use low definition files, also it might be better to go with the Mark V Master Chief from the original game since it is less complex, Look up Rhinoc's Mark V files, they're pretty Foam Friendly

Thank You so much for offering a helping hand. I would appreciate it so much if you could send me a link for Mark IV. Is the program user friendly ? Im sure by now you have a clue that I am clueless
Thank You,
Alisha Mother of a ten year old

Mother of a ten year old

Thank You all for posting to the thread. I want to especially thank those who offered a helping hand as it is obious that i am clueless about this suit making. i do realize the cost that will go into this attempt, money is no problem over my sons happiness, good parents will go out of their way to make their growing children happy thank you guys for looking out.
Desperate mother of a ten year old

you should go for halo reach foam armor and it easy to build too. I made one suit for myself before if you have any question on how to do it just PM me.

Go with the foam L3X has some good foam templates. You can see a build here---> http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/31996-L3X-s-Foam-Reach-Multiplayer-Armor-Build

and DL -----> from here http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/28565-Another-Reach-Mark-V-Torso
The reson I say go with foam is because its faster and easier, from what I've been told. Pulse it can take more of a beating and can be made to grow with you're child by adding more foam later. I have the links up on page 4 on mine build for everything in pep including viewer and designer. I hope this helps.

i agree with the other people, do a foam build for now because if you make a realllyyyy nice suit now, its not going to last long.

The link to Rhinoc's Mark V armor is Here
and there's a lower defintion of the mark V in the all in one pepakura pack Here , you can choose between which of the files to use. I say do the Mark V cuz its still technically Master Chief's suit, its simpler and faster to do, since there are no intricate little details.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back