Destiny Beta, spoilers open at your risk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Destiny Beta

On Devils layer, for the boss, go up the stairs on the left,and get behind the cover near the back.
Use a Scout Rifle, it is the best dps for crits in my opinion. Aim for bullseyes, you'll keep aggro and the boss cant hit you behind that cover.
Beware for normal enemies coming up the stairs, they cause more issues than the boss.
Bring an extra person and you are golden.

That's exactly what I did haha, ran into that room and shot the orb guy through the window, which blocked 99% of his attacks. I also got lucky and found a chest down the stairs under the platform that held a rocket launcher.

I enjoy using the scout rifles the most, I just prefer semi-automatic weapons. I found the Devil Walker MUCH more difficult to destroy. What I did there was ran along the outskirts to the right of the walker. Then you get to a hallway that is a 90 degree angle, where the other opening gives you a perfect shot on the Walker. Then I had the others in my fire team go to the Walker's left side and make camp there behind some cover. Then it was just a matter of alternating who shot at it. Once we got that method down, the walker went down fairly quickly.

No more code requirements, the Beta is open for all!

Got my level 8 Warlock. Tried TItan, was sorely disappointed at how slow the recovery time is, and maybe it's just me, but felt like the Titan couldn't take a hit worth anything. One shot, running for cover, have to wait forever and a day to even begin to regain health, then poke my head around a corner, get hit, go back into hiding. Haven't tried Hunter yet. Might give it a go at some point, might not.

Anyone else noticing enemy level differences depending on co-op/fireteam vs solo? Was playing with a friend yesterday and he had me tag along with him as he revisited the "explore/random assignments" mission and he mentioned the enemy levels being higher than when he had gone there solo. (like 7s instead of 4s, etc.). Don't really have any frame of reference of my own to confirm it, so I was wondering if anyone else had noticed this. Would help decide whether I should stick with my Warlock when playing with my brother (who hasn't started yet) or if I should make a new character so the enemies won't be boosted beyond his ability to fight effectively.

The titan is slow to get going at first... now its a wrecking ball. Once you you your sub classes on your armor and character upgraded, just move out the way. I like using my sniper weapon to take out the captains and above then I go in hand to hand super mario style. Head shots are a must with this game. Do the bounty challenges 9000exp without dieing and the 100 enemies without dieing and the 20 enemies without taking damage and you learn the game in a different way. I definitely use my sniper rifle more than anything and the shot gun up close.

I've been playing nonstop until now and my eyes are bleeding! Here's a code for the first to grab it. Good luck Guardians.

JFMJV-THCYK-QCRHW-4XCYR-JJRCZ

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Re: Destiny Beta

Well... it would seem as though there isn't anything that appears at the top of the Travel screen for Clans/Groups, which is disappointing.
I was hoping to have a tool that would let us easily find eachother, but I guess we'll have to do things the old fashioned way.

Also, I have the clan set to open, so when you request to join, you should automatically be a part of the clan. We already have 8 members which is cool!

For those of you on the Xbox 360, please feel free to send a friend request to:
Wanderer128

I may not accept any of the requests in order to prevent my friends list from becoming full, which will allow me to hold over the limit of requests, but I will also not decline any of them. This is also helpful because it keeps everyone at the top of my list.

Anybody who wants to play, we will likely be focusing on maxing out each of our 3 classes.
We will also be doing the story.
Once members reach Level 6, we will make sure they pick up the bounty for 9000xp without dieing.
After that, we will kill the Area Lv.3 and Lv.4 bosses on normal, and they seem to yield enough xp to earn the 9000.
Making it through Level 5 seems to take forever, but once I reached Level 6, I jumped up to Lv.8 really rapidly, could have just been the method, but the bounties definitely help.
It is very possible that I was stuck at level 5 for so long because the final 2 bosses just take forever to kill. They didn't seem to boost my xp all that much either. But in regards to xp/time, the earlier bosses are definitely better imho.

I enjoy using the scout rifles the most, I just prefer semi-automatic weapons. I found the Devil Walker MUCH more difficult to destroy. What I did there was ran along the outskirts to the right of the walker. Then you get to a hallway that is a 90 degree angle, where the other opening gives you a perfect shot on the Walker. Then I had the others in my fire team go to the Walker's left side and make camp there behind some cover. Then it was just a matter of alternating who shot at it. Once we got that method down, the walker went down fairly quickly.

I did the same thing as you.
Once we got down to the last 2 legs, I started running behind it trying to piss it off so one of my members could snipe at the legs from across the map.

Anybody know what "Impact" on a weapon really does? Why is the Attack value separate from the Impact meter?

And the reason I suggest the scout rifle, is because I had one with 23 Attack, which is essentially the 1st weapon reward you get to select from for your primary at the gunsmith, and I was consistently getting critical hits for 45, and I was level 5, while another of our team members was using a pulse rifle with like twice the attack of mine and he was only getting criticals for 44 and he was a higher level than me.

The gunsmith every once in a while carries an Uncommon (Green) Lv.8 Scout Rifle with auto-restoring ammo when you kill something. I've seen it twice at the store, and I totally bought it twice haha. I figured I would keep one for my next character to use once I get it up to level 8, and especially just in case that it doesn't show up at the store again.

Anybody know where all of the Golden chests are? I'm stuck at 4/5.

For those that don't know, if you find all 5, you get a new hover-bike that is supposed to be faster. I think it might also be gold in color.

It would seem as though that the Outfitter at the Tower sells the tools which allow you to customize the colors of gear that are uncommon or higher in rarity.
On the downside, it seems as though that you can only buy them if you are level 20 or higher.
:(

I could have sworn I found a location that allowed you to change your character's features after you already set them. Maybe I'm wrong, but I definitely couldn't find it again.
Anybody know where this place might be?

Crimmson,

Do you think you could go back and add all the new people that joined to the OP?

Also, it would be fantastic if you could group everyone who specified what console they are on.

Another thing you could add to the OP is the 405th Clan/Group:
"The 405th Halo Costumers"
http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/147052

I'm still trying to figure it out myself, but I think you add yourself to the Group AND THEN you can add yourself to the Clan.
It's odd that there are 8 members in the group, but only 2 people in the Xbox clan.

Last edited by a moderator:
WandererTJ

I noticed the same thing too about the clan. I think when one first joins, they are not placed in the specific xbox/playstation clan. You have to set that yourself by selecting, "set as xbox/playatation clan". Then we will start to appear in the clan.

Look in the canyon on the way to the rusted out ships that's where I got my yellow sparrow from a loot chest.
Sent from my RM-860_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

There are caves all through there of you look
Sent from my RM-860_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

Okay, I know this isn't everyone who has been listed so far, but I think this is everyone who has listed what console they are playing on:

Xbox 360:
WandererTJ, - GT: Wanderer128 (360)
Zaff, - - - - GT: Zaffy2005 (360)
SniperWolf, - GT: Rockcrushin (360)
ColFork85, - -GT: ColFork (360)
Crimmson, - - GT: Crimms0n (360)
Kor, - - - - -GT: FlatlinedGamer (360)
The Chief Master, GT: Vengeance Beard (360)

Xbox One:
Demogorgon, - GT: Wolfgangthor (One)
Zero Prime, - GT: xZero Primex (One, 360 at a later date)
Connor Xfor, -GT: Connor Xfor (One and 360)
Frozesnot, - -GT: Frozesnot (One)
Fireryne, - - GT: fireryne8389 (One)

Playstation 4:
AWACS-89, - - PSN: awacs89 (PS4)

Unspecified:
Kyre, - - - - GT: tekman24 (???) - RIPTEKMAN007 (Bungie Profile)

Currently in Xbox Clan:
WandererTJ, - GT: Wanderer128 (360)
ColFork85, - -GT: ColFork (360)
Frozesnot, - -GT: Frozesnot (One)
Kyre, - - - - GT: tekman24 (???) - - RIPTEKMAN007 (Bungie Profile)

Make sure that when you add yourself as a member that you add yourself to either the Xbox clan or the Playstation Clan!!!

I hope it gets more difficult as time goes on. Mission 1 enemies were a JOKE. And server issues already? I can't start Mission 2 because I keep getting a Server Error message.

I hope it gets more difficult as time goes on. Mission 1 enemies were a JOKE. And server issues already? I can't start Mission 2 because I keep getting a Server Error message.

Play it again solo and on hard. The no respawn zone might give you a challenge then.

And if you go into the Explore world level, it is pretty easy to end up in much higher level areas which are just a massive pain when you face a Knight with a cannon that can one shot you while you do barely any damage to it.

It wont let me, i have tried cant join anyone. which is why i said i cant do a fireteam really annoying.

Ok, try this if you haven't already. Change your power settings so it's not "always" on. Then turn off your system and unplug the power. Start up again and see if that helps.

Ok, try this if you haven't already. Change your power settings so it's not "always" on. Then turn off your system and unplug the power. Start up again and see if that helps.

A hard reboot can also be achieved by holding the power button on the console until it shuts off (about 5 seconds). I never really messed around with the settings much but the other day I got my xbox to turn my t.v. on and off when the xbox turns on or "sleeps". Seeing as my t.v. is only in use when I'm on my xbox, I thought this was a pretty cool feature.

Back to the game haha.

My favorite weapon combination is definitely the scout rifle with a sniper as my special weapon. I LOOOOOVE how armor pieces can have upgrades within them as well, like being able to carry more scout rifle ammo and faster reloading. Definitely a life saver in the crucible.

Lastly, for those that want to find all the chests:

here is a video to help.

Restoration: go up a set of stairs, through a room, on a desk and there's a golden chest
The Dark Within, during the Wizard boss fight: through the ceiling in an adjacent room, across the opening you entered in and around through a back corner and, presto, chest.
Forgotten Shores: through a cave with a small waterfall in front of it, chest is behind a big rock.
Forgotten Shores again: facing the broken pier, run down the shoreline underneath the pier until you reach a set of low rocks. Jump up the rocks and find the chest.
During the Devil's Lair boss fight: go underneath the platform to the right and the chest will be waiting for you.

Just ran through the Devil's Lair with a group of all level 8's on hard difficulty, took us 15 minutes xD. Now to farm loot and banners

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back