Detailing exterior

Status
Not open for further replies.

cthulhu

Hi there, i've just started my MC suit project, and to be honest is my first attempt with fiberglass, i thought i was doing fine, and suddenly had some problems whit the paper, some folds didn't fit as well as i expected, so when i applied the resin to them instead of filling the holes they became even more notable. What can i do to fix this? i thought using some kind of paste.

Oh and more more thing, can someone tell me how to put those small details in the pepakura model? like the chest holes and those parts with irregular surfaces.
Thanks
P.S. I'll put some pics of what i got soon, so you guys can criticize my work

cthulhu said:
Hi there, i've just started my MC suit project, and to be honest is my first attempt with fiberglass, i thought i was doing fine, and suddenly had some problems whit the paper, some folds didn't fit as well as i expected, so when i applied the resin to them instead of filling the holes they became even more notable. What can i do to fix this? i thought using some kind of paste.

Oh and more more thing, can someone tell me how to put those small details in the pepakura model? like the chest holes and those parts with irregular surfaces.
Thanks
P.S. I'll put some pics of what i got soon, so you guys can criticize my work
Spot putty... :)

It comes in a tube and it's kinda like body filler... :\

Don't know if that helps?

Last edited by a moderator:
For some of the detail in the armor I used layers of mat board that I had cut then glued together then glued to the inside of my armor. Then I cut away the paper portions and made sure that the edges were flush. For the gloves I used the hands of my first attempt inside of it and then fiberglassed over the top to round out the dimples. I hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back