1st Build DFT ODST by a Scottish boio

I love the color scheme!

I love the clear progression in skill even more. Every piece you can see you are getting better and better!! I hope you wear the heck out of this suit and your next one is even more epic! :D

I love the color scheme!

I love the clear progression in skill even more. Every piece you can see you are getting better and better!! I hope you wear the heck out of this suit and your next one is even more epic! :D
Thank you so much Duke! that means so much coming from you, your armour is amazing! :)

I know the helmet is already built, but I would highly recommend using Loctite professional superglue (or contact cement though I cant perosnally vouch for it). I used to build with only hot glue, but after years of holding my seams together for minutes on end while it dries, only for it to be wider and super visible, I found Loctite from AngelLegend on YT. I use that stuff now and my build quality went up dramatically. Otherwise, looks promising and very clean!

Been speeding the weathering...

View attachment 332109

View attachment 332110

Weathered the thigh plates

View attachment 332111

View attachment 332112

View attachment 332113

The gauntlets, happy to have these demon spawn done

View attachment 332114

The knees and shins! Love the knee plates!

View attachment 332115

The shoulders, painted, sealed then weathered. all in the space of an hour over all XD

View attachment 332116

View attachment 332117

View attachment 332118

The chest! Painted and weathered today too. I wanted to add more colour and shapes to it and im a sucker for simplistic shapes

View attachment 332119

And finally the last part i weathered today so far, the ab and butt plate.... hella busy but the con is in two days

also working on "pouches" and painting and mounting the knives as im posting this, just waiting on the glue and paints to dry XD

Bit late to the party but I absolutely love the weathering on these. Gives me the image that the armor got dragged through or perhaps over something.

I know the helmet is already built, but I would highly recommend using Loctite professional superglue (or contact cement though I cant perosnally vouch for it). I used to build with only hot glue, but after years of holding my seams together for minutes on end while it dries, only for it to be wider and super visible, I found Loctite from AngelLegend on YT. I use that stuff now and my build quality went up dramatically. Otherwise, looks promising and very clean!
I'll keep that in mind for the next time, thanks for the advice mate ;)

Bit late to the party but I absolutely love the weathering on these. Gives me the image that the armor got dragged through or perhaps over something.
Yeeeeeee, thats the effect i was going for. Wanted the armour to be hella beat up and worn

1686071386691.png

1686071402054.png

1686071416596.png

1686071432601.png

Test fit with the finished suit! Was a fun build and I appreciate those that kept up and shared tips with me along the way. I'll post photos from the con soon ;)

Cheers Guys
Wendi <3

Way to go Wendi! Suit looks great! Love the progress you have made both in your costume and your craft! Glad to have another ODST in the ranks!

This thread is more than 10 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back