Dimedion's Ma5c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dimedion

I have been looking around the 405th for a long, long time now, and i have now mustered up the courage to try a little something of my own.
I made this out of wall paneling, that has little grooves in it; much like this, only with little grooves in it.
http://www.jdesigngroup.com/images/paneling8_big.jpg
I used L3X BLU3R1V3R's sliced file, and traced it onto the back of the 4x8 sheet of paneling.
0714111053.jpg

i then cut all that out and glued it together, but i forgot to alternate the directions of the pattern, so one side is a different color.
0801111325.jpg

0801111323.jpg

Detail on the front
0801111401a.jpg

0801111401.jpg

And the the clip
0801111324.jpg

i plan on using wood putty to smooth and round the edges, since i don't have enough money for bondo, and sanding that down, followed by painting. Comments, questions and criticism are welcome =D

Welcome to the 405th! Looks like you are off to a good start with you project. To help everyone else see your pictures easier, copy either the direct link or image thumbnail from photo bucket, then come back to your thread and click the insert image button, and paste the direct link or image thumbnail in the window that pops up and click ok. Your pictures will then show up directly on your page and you won't have to fool with clicking on links. Be sure to preview your post that way you can see if it worked or not before actually posting to your thread. Good luck with the rest of your build!

Sorry about the length between updates, been pretty busy lately... But to the topic at hand.
I've puttied the edges with wood putty, and done a bit of sanding on it, and then re-puttied dents and places that I missed the first time around.
0802111642.jpg

0802111641.jpg

Got the sanding finished and some details dremeled in, along with some screws for aesthetic purposes. I have also added small details to the front grip of the gun, and the stock of the gun using foamies.
0815111316.jpg

0815111316a.jpg

detail on the fore-grip
0815111316b.jpg

detail on the stock
0815111316c.jpg

the foamies need some cleaning up, and i still need to do the grip detail with foamies... but other than that, i think i am almost ready for paint

Looks good so far. I'm a firm believer that sliced weapons are the best way to go. What exactly is this material like, and what did you use to cut it? Doesn't matter if one side looks different now since it will be painted.

And also, for the sake of proper word usage and not potentially angering gun nuts, it's "magazine", not "clip". :cool

The material cuts well, and i used a jigsaw to do so, but it is really heavy... The middle eight layers are hollow, and it still weighs 7 pounds.

The rifle has been painted, and now all it needs it some weathering, and some customizing...
0831111021.jpg

0831111022a.jpg

0831111022.jpg

But before i start the detailing, I was wondering whether or not to paint this area black also. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
asdfobgadnapdfbnadfbadklnfbadfnan-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back