Disappointed With Reach?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macattack64

I feel like they added a lot of unnecessary bull....

The game is too all over if you ask me. Definitely not as fun as good old halo 2.

Thoughts?

i love it.

it'll take some getting used to, but if you can master the complexity of using things like the jet-pack you can rock peoples socks off! :lol

one thing i don't like very much is the RB for melee (i know it works better for actually hitting your opponent) but that also will take some getting used to.

plus: remember, this is only the beta. :)

I think having loadouts ruin the game.

If I wanted to choose a class, I'd play Call of Duty.

Yes!. Something about Halo Reach, i cant put my finger on it that i dont like.

Some of the Classes are over powered like Camo and Gaurd.

There not alot of Ammo in the guns

Ever Since Mw2. My Look Sensitivity is on Insane on Halo Reach, So i think they should make the Sensitivity higher because it still alittle slow for me

REMEMBER ITS JUST THE BETA!

If you dont like some stuff from Reach, Its just as easy as posting a topic in the bungie forums. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I freakin' LOVE it! The Recon button setup is pretty much the same as H1,2, and 3.

The only thing that bothers me is the Capture the Flag gametype on Swordbase because a sniper can camp directly in front of the flag and kill you over and over and over and over...etc. ):<

Queen said:
I freakin' LOVE it! The Recon button setup is pretty much the same as H1,2, and 3.

The only thing that bothers me is the Capture the Flag gametype on Swordbase because a sniper can camp directly in front of the flag and kill you over and over and over and over...etc. ):<

And also because its super freakin hard to capture the flag >:C

But I manage to make it up there :p

Alex spartan177 said:

If you dont like some stuff from Reach, Its just as easy as posting a topic in the bungie forums. ;)

Yea, its just a beta.

And the'll be using info from the beta to edit the full game.

it wont all necessarily be in the full game.

I'm not disappointed in it, it was pretty much made how i expected to be made. I really like the new game types and the graphics are fairly good. The beta would have been better if they allowed a custom game. I dont like the clip size in any of the weapons. they are all really small and you HAVE to reload or switch weapons to fully kill someone or have absolutely perfect aim. I like the little perk things like the sprint, cloak and all that. My main issue is with the weapons. I've experienced a number of glitches, but that's what the beta is for. I wasnt too happy with the spawning either. On multiple occasions i found myself right in front of an enemy or so far away from the area everyone wanted to be that by the time i got there, it had moved to another place. There was a few bits of armor that were very subtly changed from it's less pricey piece that it wasnt really a goal to get. and the fact that they dont do anything more to the character other than to make him/her look different is even more of a downer.

Nothing will ever be as fun as halo 2, if you expect this to be, you are setting yourself up for disappointment.

None-the-less, i still think this will be a great game/addition to the halo series.

I in fact LOVE the beta. It's everything I expected and more. But it takes some getting used to. You have to compensate for the new abilities and add-ins and expect what you need in a specific game. Or just which ever loadout you preform best with.

Also, for some of those dissappointed: you have to remember where this game is taking place. No only is this game on Reach, before the Covenant glassed it, but its also taking place before ALL the other games in the series, and BUNGIE is probably trying to take that into consideration...

Not trying to change anyone's opinion, just trying to put in more thought. That's my 2 cents.

Remember guys, everything you feel you don't like about the reach beta is there to complain about! Make sure you get all this info to bungie, Because it's only the fans that can sound their opinions and make a difference at this point :)

A few friends and I have been listing all the things we don't like in a word document as we play in preperation to send to Bungie once the beta has finished. And remember! There are plenty more playlists and gametypes that are being added to the beta as the days progress, don't give up on it yet!

-Phi

I thought it was good just a some flaws. Some of the armor abilities are way to powerful, but they'll tweak it to everyones liking.

Alex spartan177 said:

Queen said:

Alex spartan177 said:
And also because its super freakin hard to capture the flag >:C

But I manage to make it up there :p

A_Guardian said:
Yea, its just a beta.

And the'll be using info from the beta to edit the full game.

it wont all necessarily be in the full game.

WRising said:
I in fact LOVE the beta. It's everything I expected and more. But it takes some getting used to. You have to compensate for the new abilities and add-ins and expect what you need in a specific game. Or just which ever loadout you preform best with.

Also, for some of those dissappointed: you have to remember where this game is taking place. No only is this game on Reach, before the Covenant glassed it, but its also taking place before ALL the other games in the series, and BUNGIE is probably trying to take that into consideration...

Not trying to change anyone's opinion, just trying to put in more thought. That's my 2 cents.

Goomerspartan10 said:
Holy ShiZzlE gAr dis iz teh best thing EvAr XD itZ soooooooooooooo FUN!!!!

I %100 agree.

so much love. :lol

I think they are trying to take the things that have worked in the past games as well as trying to attract the COD players. I dont own a 360 but this game has me considering to buy one. after i get a ps3! xD

im dissapointed in all of it... spawn on only one team member? wtf? cant spawn on joe but can spawn on bill and the base. huh dumb idea.

loadouts.. sprint... shouldnt that be a default thing... kinda dumb if you think about it... armor lock... ok so let everyone wait for you to get out of it and granadae spam the guy... cloak with the radar jammer... what part of stealth dont you get? the redar jammer defeats the purpose of stealth.

spawns... they suck.. die... spawn at the base take 3 steps and the enemy spawns behind you... really?

jetpacks.. ok they are cool but only in some things...

ammo needs way way more of it...

weapons.. get rid of the bloom effect to make people really skill their shots... make it like all other halo games.

granades... are they really granades or are they freaking mini nukes.. even halo 1 granades werent this powerfull.

and the scoreing system... really.. i have the most kills on my teams and leist ammount of deaths... so i get a measily 90 points? and someone with 8 kills and lived for 30 seconds and has 13 assists gets 300 points and he is last on the team... something is really flawed here.

bungie you broke halo... yup this isnt even halo this is not even worth a halo name its that sad... sure the guns... the weapons and how you look is halo... but this does not play as any of the halo's have.. stop messing with a good thing and fix it... sure some things are ok... others.... well just no.. get rid of most of the stuff this isnt halo anymore.

I must say, I have really enjoyed it. Yes, there is a lot to get used to, but I enjoy the challenge. I have never been a huge fan of online play, but there is enough variety to keep my interest piqued. Yes the new controls are tougher to get used to, but I love having the melee as the right bumper now that I am used to it. I find I am a lot faster with it. In fact, I got a double kill totally by accident because of it. I right the right trigger and bumper nearly simultaneously with the pistol, ended up head shoting right over the shoulder of the guy in front of me and then assassinating the guy right in front of me. Totally sweet. So for me its just a matter of getting used to the new stuff. So, my take on Reach, love it, can't wait for the Campaign!!

I believe Reach is just Halo: CE with some new weapons, old favorites, and better graphics. That is why I love it.

Also, THE PISTOL IS BACK, BABY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back