Dmr- Wip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is this in the Noob section? I nominate this to be put into the Weapons section in the Creation Discussion area.

Ahh, the mysterious wood worker has a WIP thread. 'Bout time, I almost missed it here in the Noob section.

I noticed your work when you loaded up your MA5B build pictures into the gallery LO5T V1K1N6, glad to see you starting up a thread and walking us through this one. Looking very good so far my friend, and I'm looking forward to seeing more.

Shade said:
Why is this in the Noob section? I nominate this to be put into the Weapons section in the Creation Discussion area.

Agreed. This deserved to be noticed.

*places hands together and looks to the heavens where MOD's reside*

Oh MODs- care takers of the 405th- please hear my plea and notice this topic. For Shade and I believe it to be worthy of more notice. Thank you for your time oh great ones! :) :p ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
juliet76 said:
*places hands together and looks to the heavens where MOD's reside*

Oh MODs- care takers of the 405th- please hear my plea and notice this topic. For Shade and I believe it to be worthy of more notice. Thank you for your time oh great ones! :) :p ;)

Amen!

lol

This thing looks freakin awesome Mr. Pickles the Drummer (referring to profile pic, tv show ftw) cant wait to see this done and I hope you mold this because I must have!

just a note: Be careful about using a bullet, even a spent one, in that breach. Most Cons have a rule of "No Live Steel", which means "No steel that looks like it could kill." some also have a rule of "No bullets or explosives, live or otherwise", which means if it looks like it has a live bullet in it, it's not allowed. Maybe paint the bullet blue (The universal color of training [TTR] Rounds).

Oh, and if that bullet was just for scale? you should totally make the breach spring-loaded with the bullet behind it. It'd be epic.

Looks awesome. You are building it the way I would and I love that.

When I looked at your earlier props, I thought "sweet".

I can check one off my list. I don't need to build this one. It is already being masterfully made.

Keep up the great work.

LeeKegan said:
Looks awesome. You are building it the way I would and I love that...

That's exactly what I thought (and has always impressed me about your builds Lee). I'm really looking forward to seeing builds from another prop maker with similar sense and style to yours. :)

Thanks you guys! I would have updated sooner but I was in Seattle all weekend.

cneyrinck said:
just a note: Be careful about using a bullet, even a spent one, in that breach. Most Cons have a rule of "No Live Steel", which means "No steel that looks like it could kill." some also have a rule of "No bullets or explosives, live or otherwise", which means if it looks like it has a live bullet in it, it's not allowed. Maybe paint the bullet blue (The universal color of training [TTR] Rounds).

Oh, and if that bullet was just for scale? you should totally make the breach spring-loaded with the bullet behind it. It'd be epic.

It's dummy (no powder) 7.62 NATO round, and I wasn't planning on taking it to any conventions. Even if I did, I'm planning to modify a real .308 mag to fit the gun so I could just take the rounds out.

I should also mention that I'm not planning to make the triangles on the side. (I just think it looks better without them.) Also my bandsaw blade broke so I'm kinda at a standstill until it gets replaced.

Thanks again for all the encouraging comments.

Doodly Doo.

Small Update: I'll let the picture speak for itself.

[attachment=16360:0505102231-00.jpg]

Got a new bandsaw blade so more updates soon.

Update: Upper receiver is finished! All I have left to do is the flash hider.

0510101503-00.jpg

0510101504-00.jpg

0510101505-00.jpg

0510101505-01.jpg

0510101507-00.jpg

Oh, and here's a bonus:

0509102016-00.jpg

SWEET :D

What did you use for the charging handle? Looks like one of those twisty screw thingies that hold Exacto knife blades in place.

landothespartan said:
SWEET :D

What did you use for the charging handle? Looks like one of those twisty screw thingies that hold Exacto knife blades in place.

Actually, it's a piece of 1/2" plastic tube wrapped in mesh from a screen door. The rest of the bolt is just dowel.

Looks like you put your blood and sweat into your work! It looks absolutely phenomenal. I really hope you decide to mold this, or have someone mold it for you. I would almost die to get my hands on one of these!!!

This is sick. I wish I had the equipment to go out and build some awesome weapons.

Definently should be in elite showcase... just sayin...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back