Do You Know Any Famous People?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know a semi-famous person.

Ross Fretten from the web series "Might moshing emo rangers". Not that horribly big, but he was interviewed on MTV (UK) and emorangers played on the channel for awhile.

I made him fly out to where I live and we hung out and airsofted, it was quite a good time.

I know Brad Arnold from 3 doors down and his fiance Jennifer. Me and Jen went to school together. Brad being a local boy, i've had the privlage to get to know him, cool guy. Oh, and Ted Debeasi ( Million Dollar Man). He's actually an evangelist.

I actually know, Michael Squints, It's my friends cousin that lives down the street from me, he's like 22 now lol.
and now Adam gets views :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
... and I just found this pic... he filmed an episode of "Walker, Texas Ranger" at Medieval Times when I worked there... can you guess who it is? And since I was in that episode, I guess that makes me famous too?
chuck.jpg

Eat hot steaming ENVY, suckahs! BOOSH!

I've met plenty of celebrities at conventions, cant think of any i know personally, although i have talked to Alan Tudyk and David Hewlett (and a few other less well known celebs) for quite some time at convention VIP party's. I think they could probably remember me as the Halo guy :lol:
I stroke up a pretty long conversation with Doug Jones (the silver surfer) in the signing line once, about prosthetics and costumes, he does a LOT of work with them. Sadly i didn't have my armour on at the time, I'm hoping to meet him at another con some time and show him some of my handy work.

Das Brutus - I assume you now have a prosthetic hand, since your hand could not survive a handshake from chuck norris.

Dreads said:
okay here are some of them

Jason Mamoa
Michael Shanks
Lexa Doig
Joe Flanagen
Dan Shea
Alexis Cruise
Amanda Tapping
Jewel Strait
Katie Sackoff
Terrel Rothery

These are just some i met them ass by doing personal security and now just hang out with them when intown

Sweet! That's most of the casts from both SG-1 and Atlantis, lol. What I wouldn't give to have the opporunity to hang out with them and just shoot the $#!^.

Me, I used to know a guy (from another HALO-themed forum) who's uncle is George Clooney. I know that doesn't count, but that's the closest I've come to knowing anyone with celebrity status :p

I'm a sad little person who rarely gets to meet famous people.

1. I sat next to Wes Craven on a flight to LA.

2. I was friends with Cherrilyn Silva (google it) from since we were born, to about 14 years.
She then moved away, and we kinda lost contact. Until I found out recently what she's been up to.. Oh well.

3.I went to school with one of the guys from NSYNC

4.I know the guitarist for NSYNC, he plays at my church.

Ive met Mike Tyson, Danica Patrick, Reggie Jackson, Leslie Neilson, lil wayne, Jason Hervey

All came through the security checkpoint I worked at.

I redesigned the blog for Buddyhead a few years ago. They're a record label with vulgar wit & gossip...like celeb cell phone # leaks and what they really think about others in LA... ;P

Apparently I'm related to Bill Gates, but I don't believe it. I don't know any famous people, but I've met a few. Toby Mac, Jeremy Mayfield (met him one random day at a hotel in Columbia, SC). My grandmother apparently met Adam Sandler once.

Yeah... I don't get out much! :p

p0rtalman said:
I've met plenty of celebrities at conventions, cant think of any i know personally, although i have talked to Alan Tudyk and David Hewlett (and a few other less well known celebs) for quite some time at convention VIP party's. I think they could probably remember me as the Halo guy :lol:
I stroke up a pretty long conversation with Doug Jones (the silver surfer) in the signing line once, about prosthetics and costumes, he does a LOT of work with them. Sadly i didn't have my armour on at the time, I'm hoping to meet him at another con some time and show him some of my handy work.

Das Brutus - I assume you now have a prosthetic hand, since your hand could not survive a handshake from chuck norris.

Doug Jones was amazing to meet in person, we did the same thing, sat down and talked about armor crafting and prosthetics. I was actually the first spartan he had met back when all we had was low def files hehe. I'd love to meet him again! He's was inspecting everything on the suit, very cool cat :)

CIMG1909.jpg

Cheers,
Kensai

I do....! My grandads second cousin is Sen. John Glenn...We went out to watch him go back into space. Johnny Cash worked for my Grandad in the oil fields, when he was 17... I got to meet him a couple of times, learned alot about my grandad, they're both great guys... Sandy Collora (creator Batman DeadEnd), known him for over 5 years, he came down to a film fest we had and we went clubbing, been buying BDE pieces for a long time now. Grew up between Dallas and Austin, lot of famous people there... Geogre W. Bush, met him threes time when he was a Gov. ( he actually remembered me), when out to Ted nuggents hunt ranch and watch him kill a deer, and eat the heart... Met Chuck Norris four times, twice while on fight curcuit, and twice around Dallas. Met/ hed dinner/ and clubbed with William Atherton (Dr. Noah Falkner in BioDome) (Knocked out reported Die Hard), he loves cajun shrimp and Dry Martinis. And that's doesn't even count the one timers...

I did some custom jewelry for Les Barany (the proprietor of and agent for the artists at baranyartists.com), HR Giger (who did the creature from Alien), and Giger's wife Carmen Giger. I never actually met any of them but I did all the dealings through Les over the phone.

You can look it up on my site: Metal-Smiths.org/BFDesigns. It also pops up on a google image search (look up "chestburster ring") under my JewelryArtists.org account, which is both sweet because I'm the only one who's ever actually done it, and disturbing as I think FOX would kick my ass if they got a hold of me.

0.0 ... I decided to peek in on my old instructor http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0104583/ to see if he had been in any films. Apparently he was a Putty Patroller in the Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers and later became the permanent stunt double for the Black Power Ranger. He was also Ying-Yang man on WMAC Masters if any of you remember that show. So technically... I was trained by the Black Power Ranger for a year+.

blackranger.jpg

Well, Thanks for the topic Adam, learned something new about myself :p

Cheers,
Kensai

i think this is turning into one of those "6 degrees"things , but while i dont go to dinner with these folks i have gotten to work with some famous folks , being a musician i use the term "work" loosely . but i got play with eric everlast himself the end of last year , ( santana played with him for" leave your light on" and he was in house of pain , for all you youngsters they did the song "jump around" and hes in, la coca nostra) were playing a show with afroman (because i got high, colt .45 and 2 zig zagz) on monday (4/20/09 coincidence?) here in humboldt county california , and i was at a bbq a few years back with the o.g. bass player from sublime , coming up in the world , i'll be on some ones list here in the future (i wish lol)

edit:$mg i used to run home from school so i could watch mmpr on t.v ,brings me back , and wmacm was badass to...thanx for the trip down memory lane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back