Does Anyone Make Mk Vi Armor Anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.
More importantly, where is the Mk IX? And Napkin, I understand why you think there are few Mk VI suits. At one point I thought everyone had gone mad for the ODST fad.

kensai111 said:
Just some inside numbers from the 405th Source Pepakura Hub - Top 5 Downloads:

1. Halo 3 - Mark VI HD Helmet DF4L - 3,359

2. Halo 3 - Mark VI HD Chest A4 Flyingsquirl - 1,773

3. Halo 3 - ODST Helmet NZ-TK - 1,762

4. Halo 3 - Assault Rifle A4 Flyingsquirl - 1,451

5. Halo 3 - Sniper Rifle Letter Rvb4life - 1,1135

So yes, people are marking Mark VI's - however .. for those of you who suck at math let me point out the obvious - 3,359 helmets, 1,773 chests... and all the other limbs don't even make the top 5 tells us that very few are actually finishing them. INFACT, combining my vast knowledge of all the members I've met personally at all the major conventions, along with the complete suit topics we have in the 405th Discussion area. The best guesstimation we can make is there is around ~75 full suits in existence from the 405th. The real total is impossible to tell due to there are many people who build their suits and never document it PLUS the original Nightmare Armor suits. There was that dancer group that recently performed so you'll need to add those in as well. All in all there are under 100 in existence we can actually account for. Kind of amazing for the few of us that actually do have a full suit.. and kinda puts it in perspective for you where the information is all stemming from.

Cheers,

Kensai *proud owner of 2 Mark VI's [created 3 total]*

I'd think there are more than 75...

Last edited by a moderator:
MW Immortalking said:
I'd think there are more than 75...

75+ However many were in that dancer group. As I stated above it's impossible to get a solid # due to some people not even posting here and just building them. Also I'm only counting people who finish their suit. I know as of September last year we were only in the ~50 range. I'm giving you guys the benefit of the doubt that I've missed about 25 between here and there as you really can't finish that many during the winter. I do try and keep a mental checklist everyime I see a finished thread though :)

Cheers,

Kensai

kensai111 said:
75+ However many were in that dancer group. As I stated above it's impossible to get a solid # due to some people not even posting here and just building them. Also I'm only counting people who finish their suit. I know as of September last year we were only in the ~50 range. I'm giving you guys the benefit of the doubt that I've missed about 25 between here and there as you really can't finish that many during the winter. I do try and keep a mental checklist everyime I see a finished thread though :)

Cheers,

Kensai

Out of curiousity, what dancer group are you talking about? Sounds pretty cool.

I guess in part why you don't see as many MKVI suits out is due to the games. Between H1 and H2 (what was it 3 years), a couple of guys made suits. H2 came out and the MKVI became standard. There were "quite a few" MKVI suits and a couple of ODSTs. Plus some marines. Then H3 came out. MKVI was still "in", you saw a couple of H2ODST (mebbe b/c they were easier) and a couple of H3 ODSTs. Once the "landfall" odst files were released, I think that the ODSTs started to outnumber the Spartans. ODST (the game) was announced, and there were enough reference pics so that the pep files were able to be made into suits long before the game. (Thanks to Nightshade (among other modelers)). The game was released, and I expected the forum to die down a bit. However, the reach trailer came out and now we have six more spartan suits.

So it's kinda hard to decide what to make. MKVI will always be iconic and cool, but a lot of people would rather have a more "recent" suit. Also, you have a couple of marines, elites, grunts, and jackals floating around. (Oh and one huge Hunter :lol.) Also, I don't think everybody posts their pics. My first helmet (MKVI) was never posted. (I didn't resin it.)

Cheers!

kensai111 said:

So yes, people are marking Mark VI's - however .. for those of you who suck at math let me point out the obvious - 3,359 helmets, 1,773 chests... and all the other limbs don't even make the top 5 tells us that very few are actually finishing them. INFACT, combining my vast knowledge of all the members I've met personally at all the major conventions, along with the complete suit topics we have in the 405th Discussion area. The best guesstimation we can make is there is around ~75 full suits in existence from the 405th. The real total is impossible to tell due to there are many people who build their suits and never document it PLUS the original Nightmare Armor suits. There was that dancer group that recently performed so you'll need to add those in as well. All in all there are under 100 in existence we can actually account for. Kind of amazing for the few of us that actually do have a full suit.. and kinda puts it in perspective for you where the information is all stemming from.

Cheers,

Great info, Kensai.

kensai111 said:

Cheers,

to be honest with, wat was it like 15000 members i think there's just got to be a few hundred documented

ive run across a least seventy five just by watching the first page of the noob forum so there bound to be a lot more

It would certainly be great to get back to work on mine. However, I have to wait for more accommodating weather, seeing how everything from here on out is fiberglassing and bondo for me.

Sniperbaas392 said:
Also, I don't think everybody posts their pics.
Just while we're on this topic, does the 405th encourage us to post our current projects, even if progress is slow?

Go to
http://halocostuming.wikia.com/wiki/Pepakura_File_Index
You'll find just about everything you'll need.

Don't revive dead threads, or they'll come back as undead threads and haunt you at night!

zombiecat.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back