Don Robert's Ironman Mk Vi - W.i.p (Pic Heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

izabel

Robert's Ironman mk VI - work in progress.

He already finished the ffg:

1. shoulder

2. chest

3. abs

4. bicep

5. arms

6. brief

dsc0206s.jpg

dsc0207p.jpg

dsc0208c.jpg

*no particular reason why some were red. he ran out of rubber so he used what's available but another color.

dsc0209v.jpg

*shoulder & bicep. shoulder bells are already painted. testing the color. bicep already painted with base silver.

dsc0210v.jpg

*arms

dsc0211vm.jpg

*chest, abs & brief

dsc0212n.jpg

dsc0213o.jpg

dsc0214f.jpg

*chest armor secured via belt clip

dsc0216d.jpg

dsc0217t.jpg

*shoulder bells attached to chest piece via belt clip

dsc0221w.jpg

*:lol looking at our pics

dsc0220c.jpg

*:lol sleeping.

I'm sorry if I'm just sharing the pics first. i'll try to add more details after. i'm just busy with work. I hope you get an idea from this. :rolleyes

i've seen don robert's iron man MKVI in the past few cons. is this going to be an updated look? cant wait to see this in toycon.

that suit looks killer! Keep up the great work, can't wait to see it finished!

The suit is lookin really nice! How rigid is that rubber, seems to hold it's shape on its own in the pics that he isn't wearing it.

Was there a model made first and in clay or something to mold from? Was just wondering how the costume was started.

M07Marauder said:
Very nice, very nice indeed.

Great work, that stuff looks amazing :D .

thanks. ;)

gaiatron said:
i've seen don robert's iron man MKVI in the past few cons. is this going to be an updated look? cant wait to see this in toycon.

I think what you saw was his Mark IV. :D this is Mark VI. I am not sure if we'll bring this to toycon. :)

vshore100 said:
that suit looks killer! Keep up the great work, can't wait to see it finished!

thanks!

raziel1981 said:
i think i've seen his mark V suit on Megamall yesterday... very nice indeed... so sad though i forgot to take pics...

that's the mark IV. :D

carlino said:
The suit is lookin really nice! How rigid is that rubber, seems to hold it's shape on its own in the pics that he isn't wearing it.

Was there a model made first and in clay or something to mold from? Was just wondering how the costume was started.

All was done FREE-HAND. :D no template, no patterns, no mold. we tried using a pep for the faceplate of the helmet only.

keith_hendrix said:
Great work, my best compliments, it was difficult to model the rubber? :)

not really. it's very easy. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
okay, here are the updates I think everybody is waiting to see. Sorry if it took us some time to post it. Kinda busy.

Anyways, Robert is 90% done.

So last last Sunday (May 9), he already had the parts primed. At first it was an EPIC FAIL. You see, he normally brings it to his friend who will spray it with primer but since Cyback is kinda busy he tried to do it himself. He tried it to hand brush it but it didn't come out well because the bristles caused so many uneven surfaces. Then he thought of putting the primer into a manual insecticide pump (i don't know how to describe it to you guys! i can't find a picture on the web!) and sprayed it on. It was a success. :D

pict0051hp.jpg

pict0052q.jpg

This is the glue we use.

pict0054s.jpg

Here is Robert slicing the back where he will put the velcro.

pict0050k.jpg

We decided to try "pepping" for the helmet only. and it's damn tedious! I'm checking if it has the same size with his old helm. So far so good. What he liked about it was the faceplate. before, he had to use several pieces to form the whole helm and get the right curve by the nose area. now he only used a couple of pieces for it. Also there were only a few cuts needed to curve it.

pict0040l.jpg

Robert tracing the patterns on rubber.

pict0055x.jpg

TADAAAA!

pict0056k.jpg

*credit goes to dung0beetle for the helm pep file. ;) Everything was done FREE-HAND except for the faceplate. ;)

okay, that's all for now. i'll post more later. have to work first. LOL. :D

I've gotta say, it looks fantastic. Considering how much simpler this seems compared to pepping, you get results that look nearly as good as the best stuff here.

I'm just wondering, where do you get the rubber and how is it supplied? Sheets, blocks or something else?

YamTEKK said:
I've gotta say, it looks fantastic. Considering how much simpler this seems compared to pepping, you get results that look nearly as good as the best stuff here.

I'm just wondering, where do you get the rubber and how is it supplied? Sheets, blocks or something else?

thank you. we buy them in sheets. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
All I can say is WOW, truly amazing. its the first Iron Man / War Machine suit I have actually seen in rubber.

Could you please please, please let us know the name of the rubber you use? I really wanna take a stab at costuming with this. Seems fun to work with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back