Dracks M6G

Status
Not open for further replies.

drack

Hey guys thought I would show you all what I have been up to lately. I made the 3D file for the gun and a freind of mine kindly printed it out for me. He doesn't have the highest quality printer but I knew with a bit of filler I could bring it to life. I designed the gun to have a sprung trigger as I couldn't handle not being able to pull the trigger :p

Raw print (one half of the gun).

IMG_2506_zps2e860a0a.jpg

Two halves together and a bit of filler added.

IMG_2762_zpsb61bc898.jpg

I wasn't happy with some of my scalings so added some plastic to the barrel cover and that vent bit at the back to bulk it out a bit.

IMG_2765_zps0b44df10.jpg

More filler and sanding.

IMG_2775_zps5d76ff52.jpg

Next I hit it with some red primer so with a bit of sanding I could see the low spots and bubble pits.

IMG_2778_zpsd58b4dc8.jpg

My next jobs will be to fill the imperfections and drill the holes for screws/bolts/details to go in.

Attachments

• IMG_2506_zps2e860a0a.jpg
    IMG_2506_zps2e860a0a.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_2762_zpsb61bc898.jpg
    IMG_2762_zpsb61bc898.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_2765_zps0b44df10.jpg
    IMG_2765_zps0b44df10.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_2775_zps5d76ff52.jpg
    IMG_2775_zps5d76ff52.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_2778_zpsd58b4dc8.jpg
    IMG_2778_zpsd58b4dc8.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 138
Very nice indeed. If you make kits for that I'd love to send you a few quid for one :p

Cheers man and I will be :)

I wish I had thought about it and made the barrel cover separate so a laser pointer could be installed. I came up with a nice touch though last night and that is to have my friends who own an engraving machine engrave the serial number/model on to some perspex so I can add that to it :)

I think the 'vents' are meant to be cocking serrations, but there's nothing to say that they can't be deep.

Looking very nice.

Ah it wasn't the depth that bugged me it was the over all width of that part. I will be filling them in to the correct depth. I had them printed really deep so it was easier to work on. The 3D printer isn't the best in the world and I knew it would have issues with that part so thought it would be easier to make it by hand.

Cheers man and I will be :)

I wish I had thought about it and made the barrel cover separate so a laser pointer could be installed. I came up with a nice touch though last night and that is to have my friends who own an engraving machine engrave the serial number/model on to some perspex so I can add that to it :)

That's awesome. If you could send me a PM with a quote when the time comes I'd be happy to see what Ms Purse thinks :)

That's awesome. If you could send me a PM with a quote when the time comes I'd be happy to see what Ms Purse thinks :)

Cheers and will do guys. Just as a heads up it's not going to be soon due to getting my business set up so most of my time is going in to that but once I have my Facebook page, website and all that set up I will get it done as fast as I can as I have others interested in it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back