Dracks MK VI Pep Helmet to Clay Sculpt

Status
Not open for further replies.

drack

Hey guys.

Just started my latest project and thought I would post up some pics of where I am at. Peps all done and should have the resin on in the next few days ready for rondoing. I will be doing 2 other helmets along side it and as I make them will be filming the techniques used for the different parts of the helmets as I go. Some of the parts aren't quite right but will heat gun them to get them straight after applying my resin coats. I built the visor pep because I will be removing it and vacuum forming it after.

IMG_1673_zps6415c117.jpg

IMG_1670_zps7b78b1e0.jpg

IMG_1671_zpsead6b44a.jpg

IMG_1672_zps6e419644.jpg

Pep work looks great, Drack. Nice and clean. Love that you did it without numbers.
+1 sub for sure.
Can't wait to see this one develop.

Cheers guys :)
Spartan_127 I didn't use numbers cause those things just get in the way when it comes to the smaller pieces and this helmet sure has um. Plus let's face it how often do you really use them anyway.

Nice looking pep Tom. You already have an awesome Mk VI helmet. Why the redo?

Cheers man. The foam one is ok but after doing my Ironman helmet I crave perfection. Plus the rest of my MK VI suit is of a much better quality than the helmet cause I improved greatly after doing the lid. It isnt the right shape and i left it in the sun and the back seems have opened a bit. Also I will be moulding this one and doing a run as we have no one I know selling good helmets here in the UK (truth is I am now addicted to using body filler for my creations :p)
I will finish the Ironman, Masterchief and hammer but after that its no more foam for me if I can help it.

Tom.

After our chat on the phone I'm gutted your now ahead of me on this project!!
Can't wait to see you next week and make some progress with getting mine resined. Nice card folding though :)

After our chat on the phone I'm gutted your now ahead of me on this project!!
Can't wait to see you next week and make some progress with getting mine resined. Nice card folding though :)

Cheers man. I got the 2 coats of resin on now and all dry. Will be rondoing it tonight after I do some more work on the wedding shoot.

Haha makes me feel worse but can't help with the cards life deals. Looking forward to next week and your progress :)

Update time.

Spent yesterday afternoon getting a couple of coats of resin on.

IMG_1682_zpse1b9a52b.jpg

IMG_1686_zpsdd787efe.jpg

Then once the boy was in bed I hit it with some rondo. I had some old filler that I bought when I tried and failed a couple of years ago at an Ironman suit. It wasn't any good for exterior work as it dried like concrete. I figured that it would be perfect for rondo and it did not disappoint which was great as didn't want to waste my good filler on rondo.

IMG_1680_zps0cb32f65.jpg

This afternoon I trimmed back the opening and removed the unnecessary parts to make getting it on easier and a little sanding

IMG_1681_zpsa11ca67d.jpg

Then after fitting a big baby stair gate between our kitchen and dining room (open plan) I took out the visor which I will be vacuum forming.

Heres where I am at and will stay till the other 2 helmets are at the same stage ready for the hard work :)

IMG_1684_zps59c9e6ec.jpg

IMG_1685_zpse3c92dff.jpg

When I start the pep for the other helmets I will be doing a short video on some tricks I learned and my glueing technique that I think it much easier than hot glue or superglue.

Tom.

Good effort!
Can't wait to come down next week and see the other builds :)

Cheers bro. I should have one of the other lids PEPed and rondoed by then as the next 2 are easier to pep, maybe!

Looks awesome I'm going to be sticking around for this build. :) +1 Sub

Cheers bro. I got 2 more to pep and rondo then the magic happens :)

Holy wow, no numbers! Nice pepin, drack. Great rondo work too. I can't wait to see a pepin tutorial.

Hehe :) Yeah I find they just get in the way of the mountain and valley lines in the small complex areas. If you have viewer open while doing your pep there is no need for them really. I started the 2nd helmet pep and printed it at economy which doesn't lend well for filming so when I pep my 3rd helmet I will use that as an example.

Small update.

Got some filler laid down last night. Not a great deal to show really but should be sanding it over then next few days. You may notice that I have kept it as thin as I could. You don't want to waste your filler and it really adds to the weight. I will do a video showing how I apply it next week when I am off work.

IMG_1727_zps136c732a.jpg

IMG_1728_zpsb59b313e.jpg

It's getting tricky now having to do this lid, the 2 iron man helmets and I am back on getting my Master chief suit finished :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back