Dragon*con 2010 Parade Planning & Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
it is looking good for me having this done fro dcon.. i cant wait to show this bad boy off this year..

Looking great man - can't wait to see it!

I am planning on having my "Emergency Repair Kit" with me so if anyone finds themselves with a last-minute catastrophic armor failure, come find me and I'll see what we can do. While I won't have the materials on-hand to restrap whole suits, most other minor repairs should be do-able...

Wow, it does look great! I can bring a repair kit as well. But Im having enough trouble finding a place to store my things..like my phone and hotel key..in my belt.

Wow, it does look great! I can bring a repair kit as well. But Im having enough trouble finding a place to store my things..like my phone and hotel key..in my belt.
Well you could always do something like I did for my cell phone and ID card, get a piece of velcro and hot glue one piece of the velcro to the back of the phone and the other part of the velcro to the inside of your armor somewhere. As for a ID card or Hotel Key I always just stuck that in my shoe. But I know they make the plastic sleeves for IDs and stuff and maybe you could glue one of those to the inside of your armor somewhere as well.

This may be the wrong place for this but you asked - here's what I did last year and it worked perfectly (at least for me).

Add a pouch or two to your support belt behind your codpiece like so:

IMG_1065.jpg

IMG_1062.jpg

IMG_1064.jpg

IMG_1063.jpg

You should be able to pick up something similar from any Army Surplus or Police Supply store for $10 or so. They are the perfect size to hold my camera in one and my phone/wallet in the other. I hot-glued the snaps shut so they wouldn't come loose and because of the tight fit against your body and the cover flap, there is very little chance of anything falling out. I trooped for a whole lot of hours last year with no issues whatsoever. They hide completely behind the cod and are fairly easy to access because of where they are located.

Just a suggestion - good luck!

Ok. Only a week and a half left. If youve posted on here or contacted me about marching and DONT see your name on the master list on the first page let me know and ill add you asap. the meeting place, for anyone who missed it, is the Mariott. Right inside the doors from their circular driveway. I will be at the meeting place a little before 9 am, and we will be marching as a group to the parade start point at about 920 since we have to be at the start by about 930. so please plan accordingly!!

thought i had made a post but count me in as long asthe new job doesnt get in the way

recon with ar and m6b

also a friend in odst

Yeah I found some pouches to glue in and stuff. If anything, I have the added pockets of my bra to store my key card in. But thanks for posting! I was actually just doing this after I posted what I said earlier.

Once again, I just won't have the space to bring down my Mark V. Man, why is Halo armor is just so unwieldy? It doesn’t pack well or small, it doesn't nest into itself well like Stormtrooper or Clonetrooper (both of which I can fit in a suitcase) armor, and it just takes up a whole Stanley tote (minus helmet) by itself. It just takes up too much space when you're car pooling. I'll be marching as Spdier-man with a different group, but will definitely get some pictures of/for you guys before the parade.

They're cadences not 'chorus lines' and they're ment to keep you in step, though if I remember correctly we were calling them wrong anyway last year.

Goose, it means I won't have armor for D*con this year. I'll still be there, sent you an email, and included my contact info. Haven't been able to check the forums as much as I'd like. Busy busy busy. Now I've 'wasted' enough time, I have a lot to get done in the next four hours (I'm moving).

They're cadences not 'chorus lines' and they're ment to keep you in step, though if I remember correctly we were calling them wrong anyway last year.

I'm quite familiar with the difference between a "cadence" and a "chorus line" and what each is used for. Which one do you think this is? ;)

Herpaderp.jpg

Sorry you won't have armor this year but I'm glad that you're going to make it anyway! :D

Please add Ithica and lovebug to this as well. Hell Spartan and Hayabusa.

Ithica

ITHICAS COMING!!!! i was just talking to dreads and he mentioned you guys were coming. i do believe team win owes you several drinks at the very least for helping us when we were starting out!

aaaaaaaaaaaand youre added!!

I'm quite familiar with the difference between a "cadence" and a "chorus line" and what each is used for. Which one do you think this is? ;)

So I guess we aren't allowed to dance, then? Lol

Nah - that's not really it. I'm certainly not in charge and people can do as they choose. I just think it reflects better on the 405th as a group if we stay a bit more "in character". That's just my opinion though and since the formal "405th Infantry Division" never really happened, costuming and parade behavior standards are what each individual chooses - for better or worse...

Just have fun!

I noticed that the parade seemed kinda quiet from youtube vids. Should we perhaps have a cadence going or be playing halo music?

I noticed that the parade seemed kinda quiet from youtube vids. Should we perhaps have a cadence going or be playing halo music?

I's actually louder than it appears - not deafening, but busy.

The 501st is really the only group that walks in drill formation although it looks like we will have a sizeable group this year so it may be worth experimenting with. Traditionally we march as a loose group with smaller "subgroups" breaking off into "scenes" and interacting with the crowd - which they love.

As far as music goes, DCon (and their staff) clamps down pretty hard on licensed music being used without explicit permission and the parade is usually a "no-music" zone. My suit is wired for sound and I had a "portable soundtrack" with me for much of my in-costume time last year with no problem - the key is just to keep it quiet/local and not draw too much attention to yourself.

Hope that helps... ;)

Yeah it does. I have a sound system wired into mine too, that's why I was wondering. Everything sounds good. I was perely posing an idea. Lol. I'm tired and doing homework..ignore me.

LOL at that Herp-a-derp picture. So in character does that mean shoot at invisible covenant and act like im in the middle of Blood Gulch? (I'll be a red spartan) If so then I'm ready for that! Though if anyone feels like dancing I'm all for that too xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back