Drgnfyre4's Foam War Machine!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great build man! What have you found to like more working with, foam or pep/fiberglass? Would you rebuild your Halo armor out of foam if you had to do it again?

Great build man! What have you found to like more working with, foam or pep/fiberglass? Would you rebuild your Halo armor out of foam if you had to do it again?

I would say each has its place and time. In my case since I wear my suits a lot and for long hours, I am now a big fan of foam. I am actually giving SERIOUS thought to redoing my Master Chief in foam as I have had to repair it three times already because of general wear and tear from film shoots and tromping around at conventions. While I dont mind repairing fiberglass and urethane resin parts, its a lot less of a pain to just knock out a new foam piece in easily two thirds the time.

Holy crap its got a codpiece now!
IMG_20120419_224919.jpg

shot of the back detailing that finally has paint on it...
IMG_20120419_215417-1.jpg

Thanks for putting this build on here! I was looking to see if somebody was going to do a IronMan foam armor. Looks really good by the way!

This is starting to make me want to get back on to my ironman suit now. Great work as always dude :)

Do it Drack! I know the paint wont even be dry on my War Machine suit and I will be starting Iron Man!

I would love to but so far into Masterchief now I can't stop or that will be another suit unfinished. If my ironman suit had a pep file then I would but as its all custom (excluding the helmet) so it's not such a fast build. When I finish my MKVI I will get back to it, and a Warmachine too :)

Nice, I love what you did with the shoulders, gives WM the intended "bulkiness" effect.

I'm working on a WM build myself, and I'm a bit stumped at how I'm going to strengthen the feet up to take enough abuse, and I've noticed for a lot of the other WM builds, the upper thigh pieces kind of "dangle" below the Cod Piece. Any suggestions?

Nice, I love what you did with the shoulders, gives WM the intended "bulkiness" effect.

I'm working on a WM build myself, and I'm a bit stumped at how I'm going to strengthen the feet up to take enough abuse, and I've noticed for a lot of the other WM builds, the upper thigh pieces kind of "dangle" below the Cod Piece. Any suggestions?
Just getting started on those parts myself...probably gonna strap em with long wide elastic like I do with my Master Chief and Stormtrooper armor.

Nice diaper, lol. JK! You look so beefy and mean in that armor. War machine swim suit edition FTW! :D

I feel like foam armoring is soooo much quicker. Maybe I'm wrong. That War Machine looks awesome. Looking forward to seeing it finished!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back