737629-small.jpg

Yellow lights

5595217-small.jpg

Blue lights

6092552-small.jpg

Red lights

6092713-small.jpg

Yellow lights

I think there are different colored lights based on the armor. There are no brown lights, so brown armor gets yellow.
I don't know what colors there are, but I'm assuming they're based on real-world LEDs, which are typically red, blue, green, white...

i said and meant THE master chief. those are just spartans. im talking about THE campaign master chief has blue light strips.

It's just regular white light that absorbs the color of the armor, giving the light different colors.
Who wouldn't know this?

EDIT:

Never mind... I just looked at the thigh armor light. Vader was right. ^^,

Werd Nal said:
i said and meant THE master chief. those are just spartans. im talking about THE campaign master chief has blue light strips.
I tried looking at your pics, but you don't have any Campaign pics posted - Hi-Res or File Share. I looked for MC Campaign pics but they're tough to find. From what I could see, MC's lights look to be a light/pale blue. So, I'm sorry Werd Nal. I didn't realize you were talking THE MC. You, sir, are correct. Friends?

Last edited by a moderator:
The MC's armor lights aren't very bright and don't really glow very much and are blue. Just play through the first couple levels on campaign and you'll see what I mean. Multiplayer Spartan's lights are very bright and are the same color as the primary armor color. Thats what I meant. I was thinking for non-multiplayer style armor, the glow in the dark paint would be sufficient. Multiplayer is fun, but I'm more of a fan of the storyline, and in the story there's only one color Spartan-green.

Werd Nal said:
yea that cool i din't know we were even disputing.
We weren't. Just wanted to throw the peace sign out just in case, you know, a verbal hug.

i hear ya. we're cool. ill double forgive if you convert a weapon pdo to pdf for me (a mac user) lol.

for my friends armor we used LIZARD LIGHTS we spent a good amount of time wiring them into the armor. the wat we did it is that we wired them to go through the pading or empty space in the legs.

Werd Nal said:
Just curious if anyone knows where ALL of them are. They're those little strips that turn bright blue when you go in the dark on the game and they're always in sets of two. Since they're only apparent when MC's in the dark i'm just going to paint those strips with blue glow in the dark spray. Instead of wiring all those freekin LEDs.

darthmaddy said:
Or for the truly lazy:
glowing paint
I might get some to see how well it works after I get my armor early next year. There are a lot of colors to choose from, some are very bright. It would be good for people who prefer not to have a bunch of wires to deal with and switches to turn on when they suit up.

Including this one darthmaddy put up, here are a few other sites with some sort of glow-in-the-dark paint or tape.
Glow Paint
Glow Paint 2
and this one for the LED focused.
Flexible LED

darthmaddy said:
I was thinking for non-multiplayer style armor, the glow in the dark paint would be sufficient.

I agree with darth here on the basis that wiring all those lights is going to get very involved, but the paint offers a cheap and easy way to achieve the same effect.

-Magnum

Just make the lights White... IMO, Making the lights in accordance to the color of the armor won't looks as good. Green on green or red on red will look really bad and won't really stand out.

White > Everything Else.

;)

-Doom

what if u took a few dif colored lights on some kind of switch and used fiber optic cable to lead them to each place and used a piece of like white resin/plastic that it would shine on to. then u could change the colors to whatever you wanted lol. no it wouldnt be accurate according to THE MC's armor or any of the multilayer armor (unless u changed it to the right color) but u could change them and it would look cool i guess.

Doom said:
Just make the lights White... IMO, Making the lights in accordance to the color of the armor won't looks as good. Green on green or red on red will look really bad and won't really stand out.

White > Everything Else.

;)

-Doom

Exceeeeeept... If you are going for the Campaign Version MC i guarantee the blue lights will look way seeter on the dulll green and bright orange face shield.

Werd Nal said:
Just curious if anyone knows where ALL of them are. They're those little strips that turn bright blue when you go in the dark on the game and they're always in sets of two. Since they're only apparent when MC's in the dark i'm just going to paint those strips with blue glow in the dark spray. Instead of wiring all those freekin LEDs.
That wont work, because when it's night, it wont glow unless they soaked in light from earlier, so you'd need to leave out your pieces in the light all day for it to last long.

Just a quick thought-use translucent white plastic, and put the appropriate color LED's behind it, or say for red lights, use translucent red plastic with red LED's

That should give a desired look

pyrocrazy130 said:
does any one know anything more about this stuff? i think it's called electroluminescent film. i've seen in low current nightlights and if the color can be changed it would look identical to those strips your talkin about.

EL sheets are what I have in mind... haven't looked into it too much, that part of the process is a long ways off, just thought I'd post links I've found so far. There's a few more sites, but unfortunately I didn't bookmark them, I'll have to find them again. There's a few different types of EL sheets out there, but one of the two kinds worth looking into are either small 2x2" sheets or a large sheet that can be cut up. They get individually wired to one power supply (9 or 12V battery) and an inverter. Some brands of it also have quick connect plugs, so a wiring harness could be made up and hidden in an undersuit and quickly attached when putting on armor pieces.

I haven't gone far on the research in this, so I don't know how well it would work, or what kind of heat these would produce... maybe someone can run with it, I hope it's helpful.

LINK
and
LINK

Sitting the armor in light for long periods of time to absorb light for it's glow in the dark pieces may fade the armor paint over time, plus glow in the dark doesnt last forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back