Duke's Halo 4 Venator Helmet Pep *COMPLETE* (with Step-by-Step)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Duke's Halo 4 Venator Pep *WIP (1st Suit with Step-by-Step)

Kind words everyone. Thank you very much. For my first helmet I am very happy with how it turned out.

I also never got around to thanking the file creators and contributors. The helmet can be found here in the archive.
Uploaded and monitored by the wonderful Chernobyl
Unfolded by CarterBuilder12
Modeled by Seiryuu

I would like to note that it is not 100% game accurate. Most notable are the lack of raised "cheek" pieces and the angles of the fins. It was also in great need of supports. The chin part of the helmet needed to be extended down and it was difficult to maintain that form with the weight of the resin. But, the assembly was not overly challenging and I also didn't have to model it. For those things I am very thankful!

WOOOOT. That looks absolutly Gobsmacking. :thumbsup . Now off you go, start with the rest of the suit. :D
Great job !

About the Aliexpress thing and shipment, yes, you are correct the chinese governement does support these small sellers to have easy access to the Western Market.

In the last 10 years or so, China has quitetly build a vast fleet of transport ships allowing shipment of vast quantities of stuff for virtually free and spanning the globe, and little mfg'ers that would normally never have access to the world market are encouraged to use this system that permits them to ship stuff to their Western customers at ZERO charge using this fleet. It takes a bit of time to arrive but I've never had any issues with them. In fact, the few times a shipment was lost, it was lost at customs HERE and still they simply would send the needed stuff again, free of charge.

As a result, say I need 4 white leds and I buy them in a local shop over the counter, I'll pay 4€ or so.
Using Ali, I can get 100 White Leds and 100 resistors for as little as 2€ delivered at home. But the real nice thing about Ali is I can find stuff there which you can only buy here when buying massive amounts of the article as they're normally meant for industrial use.
On Ali, I can just buy as many as I need and it makes no difference if I need 1 or 100 pieces.

Another random piece of advise : if you're looking for making "movable parts" to run longer, do not use 9V batteries. While it is tempting to go for a 9V block as it's compact the power of a 9V battery is pretty small : a 9V battery actually consists of 6 pieces of small 1,5V cells, and a normal 9V battery does something like 200mAh. For LEDS and stuff that's ok. For little motors like in fans ... not so much.
Compared to "ye normal" AA cell, a 9V is about 10X weaker in terms of power at the same voltage.

So if you want to have a fan that runs a day or so, go for a 5V fan, hook up 3xAA cells to it and off you go. At 4,5V, the fan will run slightly undervolted and thus slower and more silent. It will be tempting to use rechargables but at only 1,2V output, 3 of these will add up to only 3,6V which will not be enough to start most 5V fans.

Good news! My friend is really happy with the helmet and has approved going forward with the rest of the suit!! First Thing: I've got to buy some motorcycle gear to be worn under the armor and then take his measurements again. I'm going to buy a full black spandex suit, like shown in WandererTJ 's great undersuit resource thread. And then padded pants and body armor like these..
51042DKRnfL.jpg

41315aNGS4L.jpg
Found on Amazon by searching "Motorcycle Armor"

It'll be a little while for the funds and the shipping. Stay tuned.

Sad to say that this project has been put on hold for funding. For now we will call it a complete helmet build! Hope to be able to return for the full suit because it would be an epic one. In the meantime, I've decided to go ahead and start my custom Reach suit so keep your eye out for that. Thanks for all the interest and support!

And a very well done helmet it is!!! For the rest of the build, lets call it a work still in progress. Gives it a more positive feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back