Emblem Creation

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperSpinKick

With so many on the 405th on the path to creating MJOLNIR, Helljumper and UNSC armour, what better topic to disscuss than ideas on emblems to give your armour that special touch of individuality that it has needed.

While so many topics are orientated on the construction, fortification and shaping of armour, i thought that i might hope to gather input on the more creative, more showbiz side of the armour making process, which is to make it look as pretty as possible by ironically making it looked damaged.

I personally am preparing for my ODST build, which involves the repetitive task of scaling armour pieces, changing the paper print setting to A4 (Because the Letter format of paper is so space in the UK) and carefully dragging the individual pieces into place on the paper, making sure not to collide pieces with other pieces or with the page boundaries. Not that I am complaining, the pepakura files i am using are from Nightshade and look absolutely fantastic, the results are set to be amazing. :)

But aside from my personal build status i have been drilling more experienced members for advice, tips and tricks and are now more informed as to the process, giving myself a better chance of making a better ODST, though i have been looking ahead further, to the creation of emblems.

I have considered creating a custom colour scheme, while still staying with the basic Rookie image i may or may not keep the white stripe on the helmet white, but i am almost definitely creating an emblem for the shoulder plates at least, I plan to research the custom character screen on Halo 3-ODST and to keep it looking more authentic will only be using emblems which can be created using the emblem creator on the game.

I will keep this feed updates as best as i can as to my thoughts, ideas and progress.

Also I am eager to hear ideas from you, thank you.

mjolnir follower said:
Maybe make a sketch then convert to stnecil. or make a vinyl sticker from a pic you like.

I presume it would be easy enough to just create a series of stensile and spray paint them directly onto the armour, i presume anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back