Eternal's Marine helmet and Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright i know i skipped a day or two of progress pics but i worked so late on it most of the ime that i didn't feel like doing all the work of edeting pics and posting them, I need a secretary/ assistant.

any way i have the helmet painted and all the pieces made i just have to glue on the piece that goes on the top, in th pictures it is just resting there. I have the motorcycle helmet speakers all hooked up and they sound good, for not being in your ear headphones and i didn't pay more than 20.00 for them so i didn't expect great quality, but they woork good.

So here are the pics, let me know what you think, i personaly think the color is a little dark but i want feedback on that any anything else about the helmet. i am however going to do some battle damage or scuffing marks on it, so keep in mind that it is still sorta being worked on.

paintedMH.jpg
PainterMH2.jpg

I like it! When do you plan on doing your mini series? It sounds like it'll be pretty amazing! Are you gonna use your pillar of autumn as well?

unfortunately i do not have the pillar of autumn, because it was built for chewdog's fan film and he has it in sandiego but maybee i can get it back later on after he is done with it. However I will be making a new Space ship model, for my mini series, but it will most likely only be in a short shot. It is not the POA but i cant tell you which ship yet cause i want the story being told to be a surprise.

Your helmet looks like a work of art to me! Well done! It turned out superb. Hard to believe it started out w/ cardboard!!

Helluva fine job. You make me want one!!

Great job! It look realistic to me, and very accurate to the game so far. Maybe its just the close up pictures, but its maybe a idea to clear op the edges at the face at bit. You are the one of the first that show that with cardboard you can make a proper/good looking helmet (and armor I'm convinced).

I am glad to hear that some of you are excited about the mini series, but i just hope it doesn't dissapoint, but i have a strong feeling that unless i just cant get good enoung acting out of my actors it will be great.

As for the rest of the armor, I have done some sketching and planning using the believe diorama models as referances. I will start the armor soon but it is not on priority since i don't even think that the marine armor will be used at all in the first episode and i want to get this thing going soon before my friends start to loose interest in helping me. Lucky for me holidays that supply thing i need always seem to come around when i need them to, when i have a project that requires certain things only atainable at that time of year. Ex. Halloween is coming soon and many costumes and props are going on ebay!

Hey AWESOME JOB! Best cardboard armor ever!! I'm gonna make an ODST helmet, and I think I'll follow your method. How did you make the sides of the helmet? As in, how did you make the baseball helmet join to the cardboard to make a smooth slope??

Very Beautiful!!! But with beauty comes criticism! The only thing wrong is the size! But don't get me wrong i would love to have one!

SPU7N1K said:
Hey AWESOME JOB! Best cardboard armor ever!! I'm gonna make an ODST helmet, and I think I'll follow your method. How did you make the sides of the helmet? As in, how did you make the baseball helmet join to the cardboard to make a smooth slope??

i think that people are getting confused about this helmt, it is not made solely out of cardboard, in fact if you look at the first set of pics on the first post, that is the extent of which cardboard was used, it is mostly made up of bondo glass and bondo. the cardboard only provided a skeleton for me to apply the bondo glass into the shape i wanted it. read through the whole thread to find out more details on how this was made.

Last edited by a moderator:
You are reading the line wrong, he is wearing the helmet. The reason that the picture is out of focus is because his brother made the photo

@Eternal
Im hoping to see the visor soon ;)

well the halo three marines don't all have the one eye hud thing, most of them wear like yellow, tinted or clear saftey glasses. it isn't part of the helmet, i think you can see it in the referance pictures on the first page. or if you watch that live action short part 3. I dont think any of the marines in the believe diorama even have safety glasses. there is just no visor.

and you are right Falcon NL that is me in the last picture my brother took that picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back