Eternal's Marine helmet and Armor

Moz

Ha! I am toying with the idea of a short halo fan film too, but the script calls for two spartans which is making it difficult since I have only 1.2 suits.

Moz

also eternal, why did you use cardboard? I just bought 5 sheets of 2 x 3 foot matting board for 7 dollars.

Moz said:
also eternal, why did you use cardboard? I just bought 5 sheets of 2 x 3 foot matting board for 7 dollars.
he gets cardboard for free. that helps a lot when you are building a lot of props.

Last edited by a moderator:

Eternal

optimusaint said:
he gets cardboard for free. that helps a lot when you are building a lot of props.
exactly i have my secret locations that i go look for cardboard but when i am getting 10ft, by 4ft. solid pieces and big screen tv boxes, why would i go spend money on matting board which is too small for my need any way, which i have also got a good amount of for free but smaller pieces and in fact it is what most of my space ship is made of. And if you read a couple posts ago i said that i just lost my job, and don't have any extra money to splurge on supplies, so i'm going with the most economical rout i can.

drgon47

My Boss is remodeling his house at the moment. So he has a dumpster full of good cardboard. I grabbed about 30 pounds of it. Theyre not going to be finished for another few weeks. So I have acsess to more when I need it.

Sorry about the job dude =/ Good luck on the new job hunt!

Eternal

Man it would be so cool if some of you other talented people lived near me in the OC, I would love to get other fans and artists involved.

SPU7N1K

Jr Member
Hey Eternal do you have bigger pictures of the chest armor? Would really appreciate it. :D

Thanks. Oh and did you use foam or anything inside the helmet for support?

Eternal

SPU7N1K said:
Hey Eternal do you have bigger pictures of the chest armor? Would really appreciate it. :D

Thanks. Oh and did you use foam or anything inside the helmet for support?
the helmet is built on top of a base ball helmet, which alreadt has existing padding.

That helmet is absolutely perfect. Yes making armor out of cardboard is perfect when in a financial pinch. I got all the cardboard for my ODST for free at work.

Eternal

Ya sory i haven't gotten more progress on the armor guys. I have been focusing alot of attention to my other projects such as the mini series props, and our project truck rebuild.

Eternal

Here is an update on the torso armor. I am gonna try and complete the armor by haloween.

MarineBody.jpg

here are some pictures i took off the Believe, interactive thing, this is as good a referance as i could get of the front, I know that the back is different, but i am changing other thing to make it similar but not exact, since the armor in the game is different and the armor in the live action is different, than this armor i will make my own version for my armor.

[attachment=1071:Mref.jpg]

LastSpartan

Sr Member
I'd love to help you, but I living about 6 hours away from you lol.

You should make a tutorials on how to be that good with cardboard :love:

I live 1 hour away from you eternal. I live in San Diego, once these fires subside and they are over with I would love to help you with prop making.

Eternal

SPARTAN405 said:
I live 1 hour away from you eternal. I live in San Diego, once these fires subside and they are over with I would love to help you with prop making.
sweet, do you have any examples of stuff you have made?