EVA Helmet (H3) (RvB Meta)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CollinMcCaf

Wanna see more? Be sure to check out CollinMcCaf's Model Repository!

This model is available for download through the link above!

Spent a considerable amount of time searching for a quality 3d printable EVA helmet so I decided to make my own. Heres the process I went through and the finished result

This has been printed by at least two people, myself included.
Be sure to appropriately scale before printing.

Recommendations:
Use at least 15% infill; I did 20% with a .4mm tip, .2mm layer height
Use your completed print to make a slosh mold, your helmet will be much stronger

**Untested visor creation method** For something with a visor this large, I'm going to make a plaster mold which when heated, I'll be able to press my warm plexiglas into (should make for some crisp lines)

-- Fun fact-- This model has 63,704 polygons!

EVA-4.png
EVA-2.png
EVA-5.png
EVA-1.png
EVA-3.png

EVA_P.jpgEVA_R.jpgEVA_B.jpg

Last edited:
Nice work so far! Looking awesome!

Unfortunately, there are not a whole lot of 3D printable helmets out there. It's awesome that you're making one! Will you be releasing yours to the public?

I wasn't originally planning on uploading it but I suppose adding it to the armory would help others out, I don't see EVA builds often. Here's an update.
I'm still getting the shape just right, then I'll be able to do the detail work.
Capture.PNG

Last edited:
Well, it starts getting together;)
Always nice to see a fellow rhino user(y)
I have the impression you could increase the height a little, the helmet looks slightly stocky in the front view.

Well, it starts getting together;)
Always nice to see a fellow rhino user(y)
I have the impression you could increase the height a little, the helmet looks slightly stocky in the front view.

I've actually modeled the entire thing using the scale of the in-game model so it should be pretty spot on. In most of the reference photos the head is angled downward so you see a different profile.
I've angled the helmet down here like how its in game.
Capture.PNG
Capture2.PNG

Surprise! I finished the rough copy just now. Here's a link to the current model
Attached is the current model, if someone wants to clean it up further.. go right ahead

**Updated version posted below**

(Its not going to fit on most printers in one piece; I'm going to cut it up sooner or later.)
Special thanks to oniwolf for reminding me to do this XD
EVA_Helmet_Printable.PNG

Last edited:
THANK YOU SO MUCH! I've downloaded a couple of different models with garbage accuracy so this is an orbital resupply drop!

Looks beautiful! If my Magnum parts are done printing by the time I get home I'll start on this tonight!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back