Evangelion EVA Unit 01 foam build

Status
Not open for further replies.

AI Blue Fox

Since so many people feel the need to message me instead of looking through the thread, here is the long desired link to the pepakura file for EVA 01's helmet: http://www.4shared.com/file/gtjxGnRj/eva_01.html

Evangelion_Unit_01__by_ravenskar.jpg

Well I finally decided to build one of my favorite mechs of all time, Unit 01 from Neon Genesis Evangelion/Rebuild of Evangelion 1.11 and 2.22

Unit 01:
eva01.jpg

Today I took some pics to do some comparisons from the elongated body of the EVA and my own:
IMAG0071.jpg

IMAG0071withpylon.jpg

IMAG0066.jpg

IMAG0073.jpg

I'm going to see if I can try and get some work started on the helmet later but no promises.

CURRENT PROGRESS
helmet pep'd
IMAG0013-1.jpg

Torso in progress
IMAG0021.jpg

IMAG0020.jpg

forearm blades
IMAG0016.jpg

IMAG0014.jpg

Very cool, mecha anime has always been a leading favorite for me in many things. I will watch with great curiosity and hope of seeing how this turns out for you.

Looking forward to this build due, I'm a huge fan of Evangelion, loved it since it came out. The only thing I'm worried about is the body of the Eva, it really pinches around the waist and shoulders, so I'm hoping you find a way to work around that... Good luck!

Well, I tried my hand at the foam about an hour ago. Much harder to work with then I thought. The hard part was getting a nice clean cut. Got two side of the jaw done. all I could manage. Won't be able to work on it for a week as I to work at a camp till friday.

Clean cuts are very tricky I found that using a box cutter (Fresh Blade) works best and half a blade (For flipable) can gat about a good sized chest piece done before fliping it.

Yeah i noticed the whole core area is missing, which shows how much longer the eva's torso is. However i think you can get away with the body being thicker, the rebuild evas aren't anywhere near as skinny as the old series ones were. And unit 02 has more human porportions in the EoE movie. If you can get it all to fit tight to you, it should look ok. Hell if this turns out well i might do a Unit 02 :D

just got back today, if I can find some free time this weekend I will work more on the helmet then post up some pics.

Well, I tried my hand at the foam about an hour ago. Much harder to work with then I thought. The hard part was getting a nice clean cut. Got two side of the jaw done. all I could manage. Won't be able to work on it for a week as I to work at a camp till friday.
Well I'm sure you'll get the hang of it!
P.s. Did you know your name is on the credits for Ghost Recon future soldier. I think it was as thanks for participating or something like that. Unless of course there is someone else out there with the handle A.I. Blue Fox.

Well I'm sure you'll get the hang of it!
P.s. Did you know your name is on the credits for Ghost Recon future soldier. I think it was as thanks for participating or something like that. Unless of course there is someone else out there with the handle A.I. Blue Fox.

Wasn't me. This is the only place I use that name.

Anyone know of any good jet black under suits that would be good for this?

that is quite good for and undersuit actually. Maybe I can crounge up some $55 dollars for it, though it will take a bit to get here from the UK, but there is one of the privileges of living in a port state in New England.

Was unable to get to work today. Saturday was my niece's birthday and today my dad has me studying what it takes to get into MIT (if I get in, the marine ROTC program will help pay for it) so you can probably see why I haven't had much time to work on this. I will probably get to this tomorrow so no worries.

Here is what I have so far. the second pic is one side next to a Styrofoam head I have.
IMAG0001-1.jpg

IMAG0002-1.jpg

That was just going by some reference pics. I'm really iffy when it comes own to something like the helmet which is where the most small details are. Worst comes to worst I will have to use the pep file of the head I found (only EVA pep file in existence I might add). I tried my hand at making a template helmet but it is much harder then I predicted. Any thoughts/tips/help in general?

It's good, I'm tempted to build ..... XD, I'll be watching this project good luck.

Es bueno, me tienta a construir.....XD, estare mirando este proyecto buena suerte.

After many excrutiating hours of sharp bends and toob-like connections, I finally finished the helmet pep. One problem I noticed is that thanks the to dome like peice that covers the back of the head, I can't fit my head with all my hair inside (the bald Styrofoam head fits in nicely though) which means that after I fiberglass it It would probably be in my best interest to shave the back of the head down a little to fit my head in a little better, though In the finished product I plan on wearing a black ski mask like thing to hide my skin and hair.

IMAG0013-1.jpg

IMAG0010.jpg

IMAG0011.jpg

IMAG0009-1.jpg

IMAG0012-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back