Extreme Luck!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aww I wish i FOUND an iPod...the only way I can get an iPod is by stealing them from lockers at my school (twist locker left, lift up knob, then kick/punch) The only lucky thing I found (ever) was a $100 bill (in a bush [next to some backpacks 0.o)...and HELL no I ain't reporting it to the school :D (spent the money on Halo 2):)

well me i found 14 grand on a urinal once in canada. on my way out of the bathroom a guy walked in as i walked out and when i was 20 feet from the door he was yelling and cursing in the bathroom then he came running out and stopped me. he said hey do you have the 14 grand from the stall. i was a smart ass and said " no he paid you in heroin and left it in the 3rd stall (3rd stall was out of order and full of poo) he didnt beleive me and he pulled a knife so i gave it back. well i was almost lucky :cool:

i ordered a Samsung LCD tv from Sears once. after a few weeks, it still hadnt arrived, when it was promised in 3 days. i kept calling and complaining, and going to the store to complain. finally i just went to get a refund, and when the clerk called for approval from a manager, i lucked out. the manager came to approve, and asked me why i wanted a refund. i told him my story, and he said "well what if i give you my discount? will you change your mind?" the clerk had just handed me a refund receipt and told me that my credit card would be refunded within 3 business days. i told the manager that his discount wasnt enough, because i wanted my TV right now, and that best buy had it in stock. then i told him i was even more upset because the price of the TV had dropped by 150 bucks in the timespan i had waited for mine to come in. he said "well ill give you the current price of the TV with my discount, that should save you nearly 300 bucks" i agreed to it, and he went to work on the cash register. the next part blew my mind.

he handed me a receipt, and told me that the $2000 dollar TV had cost me 1600 and some change, and then handed me the difference in CASH. so im standing there, holding $300+ and a receipt, and the clerk says "you got a pretty good deal didnt you?" im thinking the deal is better than they knew, because neither of them asked for my credit card, and the receipt in my hand said payment type "cash". i said "yeah i guess i did, when will it be in?" they told me 3 days and i replied "are you sure? you guys said that last time" the manager said "if it doesnt, ill give you the next size up for the same price" that was enough reassurance for me, and i went home with the $300+

the story doesnt end there. 3 days later i picked up my TV, and checked my bank account. sure enough, the $2000 was credited back to my account just like the clerk said it would. so in essence, SEARS PAID ME $300+ DOLLARS TO TAKE THEIR TV!

optimusaint

Someone def got fired for that little mistake... when they go to do inventory and they realize they are a TV short that is... a long way down the road it wont effect you. Retail... seriously...

Last edited by a moderator:
Spase said:
Someone def got fired for that little mistake... when they go to do inventory and they realize they are a TV short that is... a long way down the road it wont effect you. Retail... seriously...

hahaha, well actually their inventory isnt short because i have a receipt that shows i purchased it. it says i paid cash. so if anything, their drawer was probably short. either way, im in the clear.

I once found a completely finished blueRealm helmet laying on the ground...

sorry was I daydreaming? :rolleyes

Im outa luck for a day i had the best luck in the world but its now gone. One day i woke up 1 minute before my anoying alarm clock went off so i turned it off. 2:My mother forgot about my shower day... 3:I found a ten pound note in my school uniform... might not be luck but anyway. :lol: 4:i didnt do my homwork and i got off the hook becouse my teacher was ill.
5:I got home from school after no detention's.... BOOYA! And my mum had to go out to pick up my sister from london= more time on the computer. 6:I got to cook my own dinner... CHILLI!

Bed time my DVD player started working. YAY! :lol:

Next morning (bad day) :mad: My alarm clock didnt turn off....... my mum made me have a shower! :mad: My mum wanted the £10 note back my excuse.. ... "ay what money i dont have any money?" (i spent it on my girl friend. got to film)
my teacher was better and i had all lunch time detention. :mad: And my mum made a !GROSS! meal ( i had no idea what it was.) DVD player broke half way through my favorute film and it scrached the hell out of it!

WELL THATS MY LUCK DAY THE 11/10/07 - 12/10/07 THE BAD DAY. :mad:
SHOWS WHAT LUCK PEOPLE HAVE.......

Im a crew chief. The biggest thing we worry about in the flight line is FOD (foreign object damage). I was working on one of my jets tires and i had my sunglasses on the floor near my feet. I went inside for like 40 minutes and realised i left my sunglasses outside, near a jet, in windy conditions. I run out there praying that they were still there. I go to were i last left them and didnt see them. I started panicking. It was really windy that day. Enough to be able to blow my glasses pretty far. I hear my freind calling me and as i Look towards him, I notice my glasses are right under the intake stuck between my nose tire and its chocks. I still get goosbumps thinking about it. If a jet sucked it up, or if someone found it and reported it. Boy would i have been in a world of hurt.

I still have those sunglasses and still use them out there, their kinda my lucky glasses now :)

I'm always finding things...
Stuff like car keys, a few wallets, cash, cell phones... and just this week while i was in New York, I found a $1600 paycheck in an envelope, on the sidewalk.
And every single item, with the exception of one wallet, I found the owners and returned the items.
I just can't stand finding something and not being able to return it to its owner. The one wallet I couldn't find its owner, had nothing but $100 in small bills. I've had it for over 3 years and still no one has claimed it.

I also lost friendships over found objects, a girl I know "found" a new laptop in a "hotel room" last labor day weekend. She asked me if I would "crack" the password so she could log in and use the (Vista) laptop. She got mad at me when I told her that the only thing I'd do would be find the owner and return it.
We haven't spoken since. Not the kind of people I want to associate myself with :D

Bottom line for me is, if I find something, it means someone out there is going nuts trying to find it.
I've lost things in life, and it sucks!

I got pulled over two nights ago for speeding, and I didnt get a ticket. Maybe because Im a girl? Who cares. I dint get a ticket :p

thats FREAKIN AWSOME!!!! wish I could find something like that on the street brand new (like maybe an x-box 360 elite :whistle: ) really glad for you!!! oh yah cpu64; thats really good. I'm glad someone out there in the world is so honest.

So guys, I was walking around at school when I saw not one, but two pennies on the floor. Holy crap, were they shiny. It was the best thing I've ever found! Yeah, I never find anything cool. I consider myself quite lucky in general though that may be more thanks to people humouring me than anything :lol: but I can't complain. For example, there was this one time I was at the library and I picked up a couple of book off of the sale rack and the librarian gave me them for free when I went to counter- probably because I've been going there since I was a wee young'un and still cute (what happened?!).

CPU64: That's awesome to hear. It seems like honest people are getting more difficult to find.

I found two 5 dollar bills before, and I found a 5 dollar bill on my bus on the way to school before.

That's about it, I found some crazy expencive items in an rpg I play, but then I got scammed and lost em after using em to get my levels up.

Stupid scammers =(

btw, nice with the ipod, probably someone lost it after having just bought it from the store, or the store lost it somehow, either way, your benefiting at the expence of someone who feels miserable they payed money for an ipod and lost it........lol

Well, I was at the track recently on my track bike and I actually got a really good lap time (I think in the top 10 best of that track's history) and there was a team manager there. He saw me, the lap time and I'm on the team now. Got my first race next year in May.

(Motorcycle racing, not bicycle)

PillowFire said:
That's about it, I found some crazy expencive items in an rpg I play, but then I got scammed and lost em after using em to get my levels up.

Stupid scammers =(

Man, that sucks. I know what you mean, about five years ago I lost my lvl37 character in Runescape because I was too trusting of this one guy. I don't even play MMORPGs anymore but I'm still kind of sore about it. Hope you find some more rare items soon.

SH_Jack said:
Man, that sucks. I know what you mean, about five years ago I lost my lvl37 character in Runescape because I was too trusting of this one guy. I don't even play MMORPGs anymore but I'm still kind of sore about it. Hope you find some more rare items soon.

The game was runescape actually, what I lost was dragon legs, whip, rune plate, glory ammy, dragon boots, warrior helm and rune kite.

Right after I got 70 attack too, I was at the duel arena and I was tired after training non-stop for a week, so I didn't notice what I did...bam, items gone.

I found a penny at work today, they say if you find a penny, you are lucky, now luck, make me lucky and find me a toyota bb!

PillowFire said:
The game was runescape actually, what I lost was dragon legs, whip, rune plate, glory ammy, dragon boots, warrior helm and rune kite.

Right after I got 70 attack too, I was at the duel arena and I was tired after training non-stop for a week, so I didn't notice what I did...bam, items gone.

Whoa, Runescape too? What a coincidence! :lol: I stopped playing after that scamming incident five years ago (which is why I'm abnormally proud of lvl37: the highest level players at the time were around lvl50) so what you're saying is all Greek to me. How's the community now? When I played there were loads of great players, that scammer was the exception to the rule, one smithed me a nice full armour suit when I was just a little nublet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back